Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
DAB Drivers for DVB Cards by matt cook
Most (if not all) DVB cards use software decoding. All it would take for a DVB card to decode DAB is a suitable tuner, and the right drivers. Despite the tuner dificulties in the UK market, are there are any DAB drivers anywhere for DVB cards?
October 21st 03 09:09 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
4 357
Humax and More4 by Vir Campestris
.... since lots of people here seem to have them. We've found that if we try to record something on More 4 our FoxT2 goes mad. It becomes horribly unreliable, drops recordings, locks up, won't play things - I did think it was dying. Then I did a retune for a channel update, and normal service was resumed. Until I scheduled something else on More4... Anyone else seen this?
February 2nd 17 10:11 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 357
sharing a wireless adapter by [email protected]
MediaMVP model 86019 rev H2 (wired) D-Link wireless adapter model DWL-G820 D-Link auto switch DSS-5+ Netgear 108MBps wireless router WGT624 This is not exactly a "problem" with the MVP - more of a networking question, but hopefully someone here will have some ideas. When my MVP is connected directly to the wireless adapter it works great; connects smoothly most of the time (sometimes need to...
July 6th 06 09:18 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
7 357
Missing channels by Dickie D
Hi Can anyone give me some advice? I am a sky subscriber and have lost some channels. Customer services cant seem to help. Certain channels come up with no satallite signal recieved. Same ones all the time IE. Channel 5, Sky 2 and sky 3 etc. Some times they appear after a while. Getting fed up with waiting looking at the same old screen though. Anyone got any ideas? Ta
March 21st 06 06:18 PM
by Dickie D Go to last post
9 357
TMPGEnc DVD Author by Grumps
Hi All I've been using a Twinhan PC card to record freeview programs, and then run them through DVD Author to get rid of the adverts. Up until today, this has been working fine. However, a little bit of interference has caused one of my recordings to fail when DVD Author tries to make the VOB files. It just says, 'error in audio stream' (it doesn't say where the error is). I have managed to find...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 05 06:17 PM
by Grumps Go to last post
13 357
Freeview BBC Radio 4 Missing From Crystal Palace? by George Styles
Hi, Radio 4 seems to have vanished! using a PC DVB card, and all the other channels are there, but r4 has gone... Can others on crystal palace get it? g
March 2nd 05 05:41 PM
by George Styles Go to last post
2 357
Elusive cable by /\\BratMan/\\
Scart socket (female) to 3 phono plugs (male) Does such a cable or adapter exist? I've searched and searched but all I find is Scart plug (male) to 3 phono plugs (male) or sockets (female)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 04 01:22 PM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
16 357
Indoor signall by Tony
Anyone know if there's an ariel available that will get a good signal for digital. I'm in central London, so it should be a decent signal, but my present portable ariel gets a v bad signal, even with signal booster, it just has two straight elongated ariels on a base. Would using a differently designed portable one make any difference? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 04 06:58 PM
by mike ring Go to last post
13 357
HDTV and CCTV by Bill
I've often wondered why the surveillance industry hasn't gone down the HDTV road. There are obvious advantages and bandwidth wouldn't be a problem, and since HDDs are now so cheap nor would storage. Bill -- There a a few new things on wrightsaerials.tv
June 10th 04 03:03 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
5 357
Humax PVR8000T Software Update Available by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
Note that new software is available from the website http://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/default.asp Log in (Register if you need to) and go to the download section selecting PVR8000T from the Terrestrial Menu. Before everybody rushes note:- I am advised this only fixes 7 Day EPG problems so only affects those
May 25th 04 05:08 PM
by Mike.P Go to last post
1 357
Best aerial for Freeview reception? by Andy
We're in March, Cambs, PE15 using Sandy Heath. My dad is after a better aerial, as his current one gives a break up on some channels. Living here, coverage is a bit iffy, on top of that my dad lives in a conservation area, so he has to have the aerial inside his attic. Any recommendations for what's likely to be the best for his needs? I've checked CPC, but find it difficult to work out what's...
February 29th 04 07:57 PM
by Dave Spam Go to last post
4 357
Picture quality and amplifire by divoch
In my case some channels (ITV1, ITV2, Channel4) are marginal, i.e. picture sometimes partial breaks or freezes. I have tried a simple amplifier at the box input thinking that it will just about make it good enough all the time. Although I can see a noticeable signal strength improvement as measured by Goodmans GDB3 but picture still breaks and freezes occasionally, not noticeably better than...
January 12th 04 10:17 PM
by GM6TRS Go to last post
6 357
Anyone with a Nova/Nebula + Sigma Xcard combo? by Ronald Marlowe
And if so, have you managed to persuade JovePlayer to control "live" tv (incl recording,timeshifting, etc)? The latest version of Jove (2.2.2.) includes a "Live tv" facility for the WinTv PVR cards, but not, as yet, for any DVB-T cards. T'would be great if it could! Any ideas how to construct a filter-graph to pass live Nova or Nebby output to the tv via the Sigma?
September 18th 03 10:44 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
1 357
Freeview/VCR combis - Daewoo SV900 by D. D. Brierton
The Daewoo SV900 seems to be the only Freeview/VCR combi box I can find. Are there any competitors to it? I know PVR/DVR are the trendy things to have, and I can see why, but I have lots of videos that I want to continue to watch, and recording onto a simple removable media is useful when you want to lend your friends that great movie you taped the other day. Having the freeview decoder and the...
July 19th 04 11:16 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
1 356
Signal Distribution by Dale Shuttleworth
Hi, I'm currently redecorating the house and I'm looking to distribute TV to all the rooms while I can add the wiring without making things look worse than they are. I'm in a location where I can get signals from 4 different transmitters (Sutton Coldfield, Nottingham, Waltham and Derby(only BBC1/ITV)). I'm currently using a group B aerial in the loft pointed at Sutton Coldfield and that seems...
August 31st 04 09:17 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
3 356
Philips Old On Digi Box by realitynirvana
Hiya Group Many Apologise if this problem has been posted b4. I have one of the above and on the ITV channels there is a lot of picture break up, have tried to change the UHF no, etc and still the same prob. Any advice would be gratefully welcome Thanks in Advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 04 05:49 PM
by realitynirvana Go to last post
13 356
analog and digital into PC? by R Barron
Hi just wondering if someone could help with my setup problems. I have A BT Netgem Freeview Box which I want to connect up to My 9800 All in wonder Card so I can record on my computer. So far I have a Coaxial Cable connected to my Card and If I put this into the RF out on the Freeview box I can get digital on My computer, great but Ideally I would like the analog and digital signals into my...
December 14th 04 04:06 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
5 356
skytext on Freeview by Richard Watkinson
04:13 Sunday 19 December Sheffield relay MUX C UHF Channel 45 I don't know what inspired me but I just did a quick check on DTVB Skynews by pressing the text button on my Pace Twins remote. The Loading DOG appeared in the bottom right hand corner and after about 20 seconds the full digital teletext service loaded. It also worked on Sky Sports News and Sky Travel.
December 19th 04 10:53 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
9 356
Top-Up TV on satellite? by christopher.j.wyatt
Copy of e-mail sent to Top-Up TV today.... "How about putting TopUp TV on satellite either Astra 2 or Astra 1 ? It would make a superb alternative to paying BSkyB especially if you included ITV 1 &2 ,Channel4 and Five . I am sure that Ofcom would be delighted at the prospect of an alternative service for digital satellite viewers in the UK.
February 12th 04 11:51 AM
by R W Go to last post
9 356
aerial question by meadow
When we moved into our house some months ago we replaced the rooftop aerial with a better quality one for freeview. The previous set up was networked throughout the house to enable all rooms to watch TV. However, the installer just fed the new cable to the TV in the lounge. All the existing cabled for each room are still in the loft. (My question) Could I buy an aerial and install it in the...
December 27th 03 09:39 AM
by meadow Go to last post
4 356
Post New Thread