Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Problems with CP? or is it time for a new twig? by [email protected][_2_]
Hi All, Have been having problems with the BT Youview box falling off the digital cliff (audio and video stuttering / breaking up / dropping out) for the past few weeks. Worse in stormy weather. We are about 18 miles nearer the coast than CP (Horsham). Is anyone else suffering similar? or is it time to call on the services of ye olde aerial rigger? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 17 06:08 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
10 349
DVD recording by JPG
I have recently acquired a PC with an 80 GB HDD and a recordable DVD-R/RW drive. I also have a Hauppage DEC 2000t DTV box with usb to PC Having recorded a 1 hour TV program and ending up with a c1.5GB .mpg file on my HDD, can I just record this file to a DVD-R or DVD-RW for viewing via my standalone DVD player and TV? Can I compress it to fit on a CD which can be played on my DVD player?
December 2nd 03 04:32 PM
by JPG Go to last post
6 349
BT iPlayer+ Operation by Gingangooli
Hello Folks, Anyone got one of these? Since installing it I've got a slight problem..... Viewing the digital channels is via AV(SCART), but when I go back to view the standard RF channels on the TV it still shows the same digital channel on all the TV stations. So the only way I can watch BBC1 (for example) is to watch it via the IPlayer (i.e. Digital and not ordinary RF). I suppose it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 05 07:12 AM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
19 349
A Hard Day's Night (OT) by Bill
I wonder if anyone else experiences this. When I hear a programme on the radio I get a flashback to where I was the first time I heard it. Obviously I'm talking about programmes that are repeated, like plays on R4. It's really odd. For instance, some time ago I was working in a boiler room in Rotherham when a play came on R4. As I listened to it an image of the Cecil pub at Warmsworth came into...
December 7th 03 07:56 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 349
canalsatellite france by nice06
je vends abonnement canalsatellite si quelqu un est interessé merci de me contacter
December 10th 03 03:35 PM
by Eric Morecambe Go to last post
7 349
Slightly too much signal? by David WE Roberts
Hi, just trying out my new Taylor Bros. amplifier and got some unexpected results. I was running two TVs by using a passive splitter from my new all singing all dancing amplified wideband aerial. Results were pretty good. I then replaced this with the amplifier (2dB gain per port) to run 3 TVs.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 05 03:52 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
14 349
Receiving digital terrestrial TV through a PC by AJM
Hi All, Recently I bought a new PC which has a built-in digital/analogue stereo TV and FM tuner. This works with the "Power Cinema" software, which was bundled with the machine. I attached an indoor antenna to the PC and it tuned in all the analogue channels I receive through other TV sets in my flat. One of these sets, a Sony integrated digital TV, is fed by a roof-top antenna and I receive all...
December 27th 04 07:21 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
2 349
86cm widescreen big enough for movies and stuff ?? by The Other Guy.
86cm widescreen big enough for movies and stuff ?? Just wish to purchase the New panasonic 86cm 86CM Fine Pitch16:9) Widescreen http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?productid=2834&contextID=7 have a look and tell me what you think. I realy want a new TV, but i dont want RP Or plasma as they all look crap to me.
December 20th 04 01:56 AM
by The Other Guy. Go to last post
8 349
Indoor signall by Tony
Anyone know if there's an ariel available that will get a good signal for digital. I'm in central London, so it should be a decent signal, but my present portable ariel gets a v bad signal, even with signal booster, it just has two straight elongated ariels on a base. Would using a differently designed portable one make any difference? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 04 06:58 PM
by mike ring Go to last post
13 349
Best aerial for Freeview reception? by Andy
We're in March, Cambs, PE15 using Sandy Heath. My dad is after a better aerial, as his current one gives a break up on some channels. Living here, coverage is a bit iffy, on top of that my dad lives in a conservation area, so he has to have the aerial inside his attic. Any recommendations for what's likely to be the best for his needs? I've checked CPC, but find it difficult to work out what's...
February 29th 04 07:57 PM
by Dave Spam Go to last post
4 349
Top-Up TV on satellite? by christopher.j.wyatt
Copy of e-mail sent to Top-Up TV today.... "How about putting TopUp TV on satellite either Astra 2 or Astra 1 ? It would make a superb alternative to paying BSkyB especially if you included ITV 1 &2 ,Channel4 and Five . I am sure that Ofcom would be delighted at the prospect of an alternative service for digital satellite viewers in the UK.
February 12th 04 11:51 AM
by R W Go to last post
9 349
DTVRecord v1.10.00 released (renamed from dvrec) by DTVRecord
DTVRecord v1.10.00 has been released (renamed from dvrec for various reasons). Please visit http://www.dtvrecord.com for download/info + visit the new forum at http://forum.dtvrecord.com for help/discussion etc.. Here is a run down of most of the major changes. The internal and external reworking has been extensive.
February 28th 04 09:16 AM
by DTVRecord Go to last post
4 349
A Freeview set top box and aerial questions by Callum Chau
Hello all. I am interested in buying a Freeview set top box but would like to find out more information about them as regards to quality, features, value for money etc and am wondering if there are any recommendations or websites that can give me more information. Also with regards to aerials, I have a communal aerial and have been lead to believe that it will not be completely capable of...
February 4th 04 04:09 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 348
DigiTV picture settings by Jaime
"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote in message ... In uk.tech.digital-tv, Nigel Mercier ® wrote: I change the Picture settings, in particular the Brightness, then later close DigiTV down. When I open it again, it has remembered the *value* of the setting, but doesn't apply it until I click the slider. Am I...
July 19th 03 04:33 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
0 348
Humax freeview pvr by David Gill
Hi, I've just read the latest edition of "What Video & Widescreen TV", it contains an excellent review of the new Humax PVR. http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/pvr-8000t.asp It gave the product a five star rating and awarded it a "Best buy" status. The product looks interesting, it contains a 40gb hard drive and has a competitive price of £198. There is a strong implication that it is
April 8th 04 08:14 PM
by Dave Shepherd Go to last post
6 348
Freeview Problem London Area by David Richardson
Anyone know how I can have low gain on Mux A ch 34, but a good picture, while at the same time have high gain on Mux 2 ch 22, but all the stations break up. It was fine up to Christmas, could this be a Crystal Palace problem? "I'm Muxed please help" DJR
January 16th 04 02:44 AM
by David Richardson Go to last post
5 348
nebula digitv and radio 4 by Bluesky
I have the same problem. Actually it appears to happen when recording any 192kbits station, i.e. Radio3. BBC7 and BBC6 record fine. The problem started for me when I installed 3.10. Went back to 3.03 but the problem was still there! This has been a real pain as there was a lot of stuff I wanted to record on Radio 3 & 4 over Christmas. No answer to my emails to Nebula yet. Are you using a USB...
January 6th 04 11:17 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
7 348
Philips widescreen problem(s) by Jet
(Cross-posted to sci.electronics,repair) Hi ;) Hope someone can maybe help me. I have 2 dead Philips widescreens; 1 is 15 months old, marks on the label are as follows: Model: 32 PW 6006/05
December 15th 03 02:15 PM
by Jet Go to last post
4 348
Freeview Boxes - Is there a list of the best and worst? by Ed
There are so many of these around now, don't suppose any one is running a list of the good, the bad and the ugly? Do they all have tv guides? Is it worth waiting for the fusion with HDD? And on a totally different subject, lovely quote from Microsoft this morning after pirate copies of its longhorn operating system were being sold for £2 in malaysia
December 6th 03 09:20 AM
by Doug Weller Go to last post
8 348
Nebula DigiTV UK History EPG script by Rhys Lewis
Here's a simple perl script for downloading the EPG for the UK history channel. I got sick of having to put them in manually... #!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe use LWP::UserAgent; $URL_Prefix = 'http://www.uktv.co.uk/channels/listings.asp?channel_id=2&datefrom='; $EPG_Directory='C:\\Program Files\\Nebula\\DigiTV\\EPG\\'; for ($i=0;$i7;$i++) {
October 28th 03 10:02 AM
by Rhys Lewis Go to last post
0 348
Post New Thread