Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
BBC interactive snooker problem by Olly
Hi everyone, I have a sky digibox pointing at 28.xE and I'm having problems getting the 'select match' on the snooker (by pressing red). Everytime I try to access it, it starts to load, then I get a blue screen saying something like "...currently unavailable. Please try again later (5001)" Its driving me nuts =) does anyone know what is wrong?(or anyone else having the same problem?) I...
April 26th 06 05:43 PM
by Geo Go to last post
5 350
OT? BBC News promoting programmes by [email protected]
It has become a standard thing for the BBC1 News at 6pm on Mondays to include an item of 'news' that is actually a promotion for that evening's Panorama programme. It happens most weeks. Now the BBC News is being used to advertise a radio soap opera - not even a factual programme but a fictional one. When I switch on a News programme I want to learn about current affairs, not adverts for that...
April 6th 16 09:21 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 350
Ramming things up arses by Phi
+ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:mvle7n+ACQ-s0p+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- Obviously, I've not seen a Squarial for maybe 6 years, and that one was +AD4- found in a skip by a neighbour who wanted to know what it was. +AD4- +AD4- The only use for those cheap wideband end mounted things is in a loft +AD4- almost on top of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 15 01:18 AM
by Phi Go to last post
12 350
Vision buzz by Brian Gaff
I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has started to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes with picture content. It never used to do this. Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart adaptor. I suspect its the old drying out capacitor...
July 27th 15 12:59 PM
by Phi Go to last post
6 350
No more Drones in royal parks by Brian Gaff[_2_]
It seems that the sec of state has proclaimed that people are now no longer allowed to fly those camera drones in the parks as it could be dangerous and scare the wildlife. I imagine these should be governed by the same laws as any model aircraft over a certain weight is, ie, it has to be flown in a designated area, and the person has to have public liability insurence in place as well as it...
March 18th 15 07:19 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 350
Interconnect cable - audio or digital? by David[_13_]
Digging cables out of long term storage I have come across one which is branded "Profigold interconnect cable". It has what look like RCA/Coax connectors at each end It isn't marked with a colour (e.g. red or black) which suggests it may no be an analogue audio interconnect. I am thinking it is a coax cable for connecting a digital source to the digital input on an AV amp (i.e. using the...
January 26th 15 04:34 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
2 350
Were any Southpark episodes banned? by Ian Field
The freeview channel showing Southpark is "going round the clock" but I've not seen a lot of episodes I've heard about.
April 20th 12 06:29 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 350
Cheap Christian Dior Watches Riva Watches - Christian Dior WatchesRiva Watch Cheapest by [email protected]
Cheap Christian Dior Watches Riva Watches - Christian Dior Watches Riva Watch Cheapest Watches Home : http://www.watchesprice.net/ Christian Dior Brands : http://www.watchesprice.net/Christian-Dior-Watches.html Cheap Christian Dior Watches Riva : http://www.watchesprice.net/Christian-Dior-Watches-Riva-Watches.html Cheapest Christian Dior Watches Riva --- We are glad to offer you the best...
April 28th 08 02:22 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 350
Freeview Signal Variation by Geoff Lane
Why do the six digital channels give different signal strengths and quality even though they are transmitted from the same transmitter. Geoff Lane
June 10th 06 12:50 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
7 350
I don't know what it's called but I want to do it anyway by [email protected]
I've had a Humax 8000 for a couple of years now and have been very happy with it. Now I'm looking at buying a twin-tuner PVR. But there's one thing I'd like any new machine to do and it's this: I'm watching something through the PVR as it's being broadcast. Trouble is, I've got to go out in a minute but I want to see the end of the show. I know I can just hit pause and then I can resume watching...
June 8th 06 05:42 PM
by Nigel Whitfield Go to last post
9 350
Real-time transmitter info. by Nobody Here
Is there a reliable place to go to get real-time transmitter info, or at least something approximating real-time info? We've not had any significant DTT signal on Emley Moor BBC1/2/3 for a few days and I'd like to find out why. Analogue signal is apparently normal, and all the other DTT MUX's seem OK. The only sites I found with google seemed to be static and old. The BBC's page...
October 29th 05 03:51 PM
by Nobody Here Go to last post
7 350
Sony RDR-HXD710 - modulator? by Nigel Molesworth
I've just bought a Sony RDR-HXD710 to complement my Humax PVR. I've searched through the manual, but can find a reference to a modulator. Hasn't it got one? If not, it's bloody useless as a VCR replacement. -- Nigel M
October 26th 05 02:04 PM
by spiney Go to last post
6 350
Teletext on C4 by Kennedy McEwen
I haven't seen any other posts about this so it might be a software issue on my STB rather than a general fault. When I bring up teletext on C4 on terrestrial digital, the menu comes up with the picture reduced to about a quarter size as normal. If I then select an item from the menu, say news, and go to an actual news item, the picture blacks out. Nothing brings the picture back, not even...
September 24th 05 09:54 AM
by Kennedy McEwen Go to last post
7 350
Freeview BBC Radio 4 Missing From Crystal Palace? by George Styles
Hi, Radio 4 seems to have vanished! using a PC DVB card, and all the other channels are there, but r4 has gone... Can others on crystal palace get it? g
March 2nd 05 05:41 PM
by George Styles Go to last post
2 350
TV license for mobile phones by Ad
In article , says... That's rather a different point isn't it? Personally, I'm in favour of the licence but if you're not it doesn't matter how fairly it's implemented. How on earth can you be in favour of a unfair tax?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 05 11:36 PM
by Ad Go to last post
12 350
Panasonic TUCT30 universal remote control code by do1
I've been given a TUCT30 but without the power supply or remote control. I bought a universal remote but can't find a code that works. Can anyone out there help? I've tried the learn function and looking all over the web but with no joy.
December 22nd 04 06:00 PM
by colenum Go to last post
2 350
Philips Old On Digi Box by realitynirvana
Hiya Group Many Apologise if this problem has been posted b4. I have one of the above and on the ITV channels there is a lot of picture break up, have tried to change the UHF no, etc and still the same prob. Any advice would be gratefully welcome Thanks in Advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 04 05:49 PM
by realitynirvana Go to last post
13 350
Channel 4's lack of Big Brother by Jiames
I have just read a news article that suggests BB is not much short of a big flop this year. I must say I haven't seen much coverage of it on C4, so perhaps they arn't bothering much with it this year. Or have they confined it to E4 this time? I think the BB bubble has burst, looking at the lack of promoting it this time. I'm not complaining, cos I personally think its a poor use of television,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 04 10:33 PM
by King Queen Go to last post
15 350
Humax PVR8000T Software Update Available by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
Note that new software is available from the website http://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/default.asp Log in (Register if you need to) and go to the download section selecting PVR8000T from the Terrestrial Menu. Before everybody rushes note:- I am advised this only fixes 7 Day EPG problems so only affects those
May 25th 04 05:08 PM
by Mike.P Go to last post
1 350
slightly OT - magic signal booster by Ian
A suspcisiously MLM style of web site has been spammed to other newsgroups, and the site is advertising this. I couldn't help but chuckle at the claims of this device. If only they made one for UHF reception. I could save a fortune on electricity by turning my aerial amp off and using "stray static electircity" instead.... Can anyone offer any plausible technical reason why something like...
January 16th 04 08:35 AM
by Andy Sinclair Go to last post
5 349
Post New Thread