Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Humax freeview to freesat by Mike
Hi all, havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat -HDR). This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode (just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow, in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it. When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit...
April 8th 18 11:30 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 359
Panasonic 2008 model TVs and iPlayer by David
This is what it says on the Panasonic Web Site "2008 Freesat television models: Unfortunately Panasonic are not in a position to give a full update regarding the anticipated time line for the update. However, we can say is that it is still our intention to update these models to support BBC iPlayer. As the first generation of freesat models introduced in the UK and with the significant...
February 19th 11 03:57 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
7 359
Interference during EDF adverts by Anonymouse
Hi all, I'm experiencing very strange interference during ITV's world cup coverage on Freeview, which I receive from Crystal Palace. I get perfect reception except during the EDF sponsorship adverts that bookend some of the commercial breaks. During these both the picture and sound break up. I see this tonight and it also happened on Friday (I wasn't watching yesterday). I wondered if it...
June 12th 06 06:09 PM
by Anonymouse Go to last post
3 359
fuel card? by manni
hey check this out guys. I joined this organisation which give you petrol discount cards. www.c-uk.org They buy in bulk for a discount and charge you 25 a year for 5 pence off every litre.Been using them for two months now so far so good. manni
July 12th 07 09:55 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
6 358
Way OT - F1 and Valtteri Bottas by David[_14_]
Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-) There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1 championship (resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again. Valtteri Bottas seems to have been completely ignored. He is 15 points behind Sebastian Vettel with 2 races to go. He gained 8 points in the last race.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 17 02:44 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 358
No more Drones in royal parks by Brian Gaff[_2_]
It seems that the sec of state has proclaimed that people are now no longer allowed to fly those camera drones in the parks as it could be dangerous and scare the wildlife. I imagine these should be governed by the same laws as any model aircraft over a certain weight is, ie, it has to be flown in a designated area, and the person has to have public liability insurence in place as well as it...
March 18th 15 07:19 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 358
Holes in spectrum? by Brian Gaff
Eavesdropping on a ham band this weekend I overheard some of the remaining bbc engineers discussing a little jolly to France this week to the Thompson research plant. It seems that many of the worlds networks have discoverd that one can embed other information in holes in the multiplex signal to serve data and video to mobile and portable systems. I'm not totally sure what or how this is...
March 7th 12 03:40 PM
by Adam Sampson Go to last post
6 358
Virgin HD by David WE Roberts[_3_]
I am seeing loads of bumph from Virgin telling me that they offer HD channels at no extra cost. I take that to mean that the latest cable boxes come with HD as standard. Has anyone asked for a new cable box so they can have the free HD, and if so was there a cost involved? I can ring them up but I suspect that there will be at least a call out charge and wondered if anyone had a strategy to...
February 16th 12 07:32 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
4 358
TV adverts by Mick Cant
Hi all, I hope this is ok to talk about in uk.tech.digital-tv The advert on ITV several times a day for "Dreams Beds" they continually say the sale ends "Monday" Are they varying the prices week to week to back the sale up? I suppose it must be legal but I would not buy anything from them, which week is the genuine sale? Mick.
September 5th 09 09:05 AM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
7 358
Humax PVR-9200T by Derek F[_2_]
My Humax PVR-9200T did a 'Funny' yesterday. We have two half hour programmes set to record on Mondays to Fridays evenings and had also set the box to record from Nine to Midnight on C5 as we were going to be late home. I looked at the box when we got home around Eleven and it said 'recording' Today when my wife went to watch the first of her half hour programmes it stopped playing after...
June 29th 09 09:32 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
7 358
iplayer - xbox by [email protected]
Anyone know if using the xbox as described here - http://dreambetter.blogspot.com/search/label/SKY%2B is possible?
January 24th 08 09:20 PM
by PAJ[_2_] Go to last post
7 358
Pace DT210F by Black Box
Orange wrote: I have just been checking out my new Pace Freeview receiver model DT210F it has twin SCART's .... Does it have a timer to support UNATTENDED recordings ? If so, is it possible to sequence immediately following programmes ? eg: 20:30 - 21:00 BBC 2 21:00 - 22:00 BBC 4
September 26th 03 08:20 PM
by Black Box Go to last post
0 358
Teletext on C4 by Kennedy McEwen
I haven't seen any other posts about this so it might be a software issue on my STB rather than a general fault. When I bring up teletext on C4 on terrestrial digital, the menu comes up with the picture reduced to about a quarter size as normal. If I then select an item from the menu, say news, and go to an actual news item, the picture blacks out. Nothing brings the picture back, not even...
September 24th 05 09:54 AM
by Kennedy McEwen Go to last post
7 358
Sony stb remote by housetrained
Does anyone know if the handset transmit code can be changed so two boxes can be in the same room but not be operated by the other handset? -- John the West Ham fan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 05 12:16 PM
by spiney Go to last post
10 358
Digibox test cards. by Ian Stirling
I'm trying to debug an annoying sound problem. Are there any 'other channels' with test cards on?
June 18th 05 07:14 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
1 358
Channel Allocation for ITV3 by Steve Watson
Anybody know what channel number has been allocated to ITV3? -- Steve Watson
October 6th 04 08:15 AM
by Mike Cawood, HND BIT Go to last post
8 358
Yet another what TV aerial question (sorry) by Mal Franks
We're in Wirral, about 25 miles (i think) from Winter Hill as the crow flies and currently have two aerials, both of which don't seem to be up to the task of receiving anything on QAM64 particularly well so we're looking at having them replaced. First is a wall mounted one near the window of the attic room which supplies the room with its tv (3 storeys up) and one on the roof which supplies...
September 28th 04 03:32 PM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
6 358
How many Freeview viewers / boxes ? by ___
What are we up to now with Freeview 2 or 3 million ? What about top up tv also ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 04 11:12 PM
by ___ Go to last post
13 358
Channel 4's lack of Big Brother by Jiames
I have just read a news article that suggests BB is not much short of a big flop this year. I must say I haven't seen much coverage of it on C4, so perhaps they arn't bothering much with it this year. Or have they confined it to E4 this time? I think the BB bubble has burst, looking at the lack of promoting it this time. I'm not complaining, cos I personally think its a poor use of television,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 04 10:33 PM
by King Queen Go to last post
15 358
freeview digibox by Arlene Moss
is this freeview digibox any different to my digital tv i have right now? I get itv 2 bbc three etc...what exact channels do you get with the freeview box? don't suppose u get sky sports 1 etc?? any help, much appreciated Matt
October 17th 03 10:00 PM
by Colin Go to last post
4 358
Post New Thread