Post New Thread
I just took a call for Paul by Bill Wright
Customer lives in the bottom of Conisboro behind the castle. Freeview doesn't work and never has. Customer will not have an outside aerial. Aerial has been in loft for 40 years so why move it now? Loft has just been filled with glass fibre. Customer says he only wants to spend a few quid. He got the Freeview box for 25 and he doesn't want to spend more than that on the aerial. After all, it...
December 18th 06 09:25 PM
by Alan Go to last post
8 249
Ofcom's latest news on commercial muxes after DSO by Mark Carver
Ofcom have just released some news regarding sites that will carry the three commercial muxes after DSO. In short it seems that SDN and NGW have no plans to expand their output beyond the present 81 sites. With the increase of power after DSO, coverage will expand from the present 73% to 90% of the UK population. This will be muxes COM 1,2,3 (at present B, C, D) AIUI BBC 4 will be moving to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 18th 06 07:55 PM
by stevo Go to last post
27 666
Freeview PVR ...TVonics DVR150 by Gendy
I have been contemplating buying a Freeview PVR for some time and had been fixing on a Humax PVR9200T but I have also been looking at the daily electricity consumption of all my TV ,satellite ,VCRs (3),Freeview boxes (3) and all the asorted computer boxes being on 24/7 standby.I discovered that all these were consuming almost 2kWh per day! What I observe about the TVonics PVR is that it is...
December 18th 06 06:57 PM
by TVonics Go to last post
6 441
Five picture as frozen! by David
Freeview Emley Moor the picture as frozen in Home Alone just after 7pm. Is it the same ealsewhere? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
December 18th 06 04:56 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
6 195
Sony DVDHX525 as advertised in the Radio Times by alfred
Has anyone seen a review of this DVD Recorder? Is the built in EPG/ Radio Times facility unique to this advert? Any advice on the merits or otherwise would be welcome. Mike --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
December 18th 06 01:03 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
6 272
Humax 9200T - New software update available by Victor Delta
The latest software update for the Humax 9200T is now available on the Humax website: PGXTF 1.00.10 1.. Increase schedule timers to 50 2.. Increased EPG view to 5 programmes 3.. Day of the week displayed in the EPG 4.. Weekday (Mon-Fri) and Weekend(Sat-Sun) added to the Repeat Modes 5.. You can now use the Left/Right arrows to change the Start and End
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 06 08:45 AM
by Alan Go to last post
17 494
new ASTRA sat distribution system by tony sayer
Http://www.ses-astra.com/corpSite/site_en/02_solutions/01_media/01_Broa dcast/SingleCable/index.php -- Tony Sayer
December 18th 06 12:50 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 264
I have two diplexers, which is best? by Marky P
I have two UHF diplexers, one combines groups A-E & the other groups K-CD. I need to combine a group A & a group C/D aerial. Which would be the best diplexer of the two? IMO, either would do. Marky P
December 18th 06 12:45 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 203
Ve Pump Part,pencilnozzle,head Rotor,element,valve by diesel fuel injection
yellow stone diesel part plant: We are one of the leading manufacturers of engine parts, in particular diesel fuel injection system accessories for replacement, such as Fuel injection Nozzle, Plunger and Delivery valve, and so on. please visit our website for more detail: www.dieselinjection.cn
December 17th 06 10:54 PM
by diesel fuel injection Go to last post
0 218
Recommendations for... by John Rumm
Anyone got a recommendation for a HDD recorder? I would like: 160 GB or better Integrated digital tuner Something with ethernet would be nice - for offloading of recordings or playback of video files held elsewhere on PC. Integrated DVDR would be nice, but not essential if the box has network
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 17th 06 10:47 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
22 566
freeview and sky in one box? by [email protected]
May be a daft question and not possible yet but: Is there a PVR box yet that decodes sky and freeview? Have an old sky digibox which has ceased to be, defunked, etc and a PVR freeview which I use a lot, would like to replace them both for an all in one (if possible)
December 17th 06 07:55 PM
by mike Go to last post
8 1,796
Vaughan : by alfred
Wow, Thanks for the very detailed advice, you put on the right track for the better buy. What is the HDMI ? and what does it do. Many thanks for a brill review alf --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
December 17th 06 01:03 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
1 240
steve erwin death video viewable! - watchtvoline.eu 260FREE TVCHANNELS AS WELL AS 240+ Primium TV Series by Ian
In message [email protected], watchtvonine. eu writes watch the video that took out steve erwin at www.watchtvonline.eu over 500 streams. 260 of which are FREE mixed content. Check out our primium streams over 240 of your favorite hows all with there own channel. no more to-be-continued NO DOWNLOADING. as many of your favorite show marathons just...
December 17th 06 11:16 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 163
Question about high gain aerials and dB's by Marky P
Hello, I've often wondered what is the actual difference between dB's is. If, for example you have an aerial with a gain of 14dB & you get a slightly grainy picture or occasional break up on freeview, how much extra dB gain would cure it? And is an aerial such as the Triax Unix 100 overkill for even fringe area jobs? I'm still thinking about my possible install of an aerial for Freeview in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 06 09:34 AM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
15 489
Communal Freeview aerial by Derek F
I am about to move into a flat in a building that had a communal Freeview aerial installed last year. Residents were evidently given the option to be connected to it for a fee. The flat we were buying was vacant at the time so the option was not taken up. I enquired from the installers for an estimate to be connected and to also have the service in two other rooms plus a connection for my...
December 17th 06 12:20 AM
by Derek F Go to last post
8 240
Report on DTT HD trial by DAB sounds worse than FM
Can't see this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if it has already been posted: http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/policies/pdf/dtt_hdtrial.pdf -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 06 11:16 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
10 397
trouble with ariael by malcolm
My ariel is up on roof apex facing emley moor. of this I have two connections down stairs which are perfect (i think) two upper bedroom conections are the same ok. I run the coaxial back through the loft and out to the kitchen and conservatory this conection is worse than a inside arial on the television. first question is why is it worse than a inside arial on top of the set.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 16th 06 08:46 PM
by Andereida Go to last post
29 639
HD Occasional Dropout by FoggyF
I have Sky HD, a Denon 2807 AV-Receiver and a Philips 37PF9830, all connected together with HDMI cable. The cable from the Sky HD Box to the Receiver is the standard Sky 1 metre offering, but I have a 10 metre HDMI cable running from the Receiver to the LCD. My problems is that when viewing HD (live or recorded), at about every 5 minutes (but very variable), I lose the picture/audio for about...
December 15th 06 09:01 PM
by Foggy F Go to last post
8 304
A bit of a botch by Bill Wright
The following is an informal report send by me today to a property manager, regarding an almost new TV distribution system. I think you'll agree that the standards of the installer were nothing less than tragic. ---------------------- The faults I found today on the distribution system at xxxxxxxx were as follows: 1. The TV aerial is a wideband type when it should be a Channel Group B type....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 15th 06 06:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
42 970
Need aerial installation in Mid Bedfordshire by Ian
I need to replace my 34-year old TV aerial and cable. Recommendations for a good fitter in the Mid Beds area anyone? -- Ian
December 15th 06 05:18 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
7 324
Post New Thread