Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
4G filter measurement by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've just done a quick measurement on the SAC AE5100 filter that I bought from CPC as a "4G filter". Results at... http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/AE5100.png I wonder how representitive this will be of all the other filters that will now doubtless flood onto the market... Not an encouraging thought... Slainte,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 13 10:46 AM
by J. P. Gilliver (John) Go to last post
140 5,311
Digital Switchover + Ariel by species8350
I posted the messge below into the wrong group. I am reposing here to see if there are other views. I use analogue TV, but will soon lose the channels. The reception for digital is not good with my existing arial Is there a quick way for me to increase the gain of my current arial
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 12 09:08 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
235 5,210
White Spaces!.... by tony sayer
Looks like more of the UHF broadcast band might be compromised;!... http://www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/docs/Cambridge%20White%20Spaces%20Tri al%20-%20technical%20findings-with%20higher%20res%20pics.pdf -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 13th 13 08:24 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
204 5,200
Analogue TV vs DTV Picture Quality -- which is best? by DAB sounds worse than FM
The reason I'm starting this thread is because of the following comment: "Ad Maybe you got crap analouge, my analouge is bright, clear and is far better than digital and that also means sky as well. Dominic Shields - No, quite the contrary, people have remarked on what a good analogue picture I had in the old days and I haven't removed that aerial, its just the huge improvement that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 1st 05 11:08 AM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
214 5,199
OT Low Energy Light Bulb by David
Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer. -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 08 04:13 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
250 5,166
Help! Can't find Astra 2 :-( by Marky P
Got my Panasonic Freesat telly and wired it up to my dish, but it can't find Astra 2 :-(. Shows signal quality as good, but won't tune in as can't find satellite. I tried moving the dish and using my Sat Finder found another signal, but still not Astra 2 (and it was weaker than the other sat signal I found). It looks like it's pointing in exactly the same direction as other dishes in the area....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 28th 09 12:04 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
28 5,164
UK Government's "Digital" Advisor by DAB sounds worse than FM
I watched Click Online on BBC News 24 a couple of days ago and there was a short article about digital TV on, and on it they interviewed Barry Cox who's the UK Government's digital TV advisor. He said that apparently the US wants HDTV, whereas we're happy about the picture quality we get. We want extra channels and to use the extra frequencies that analogue will release for "other purposes",...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 23rd 03 03:36 PM
by Peter Go to last post
143 5,153
OT - Dragons' Den Standby Saver by DAB sounds worse than FM
Does anybody know how the Standby Saver worked that was featured on Dragons' Den? The website for it and what it claims to do is he http://www.standby-saver.co.uk/standby_saver_products.htm "The standby saver responds to the "standby" and "on" buttons of the TVs or Audio systems original remote control and switches the power to the equipment on and off as needed. While the TV and other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 13th 07 05:22 PM
by Mike Go to last post
93 5,146
Pro's and cons of different tv types by Hugh Newbury
I'm thinking of getting a new tv, but I know nothing of the advantages or otherwise of the various types: OLED, edge lit, plasma, etc. I have googled, but can't find a site that explains the basics. Any advice from you knowledgeable lot? TIA Hugh
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 27th 12 08:15 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
82 5,117
Calculate your carbon footprint by Lord Turkey Cough
http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating). And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets. So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds population.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 24th 07 04:26 PM
by Bill Ward Go to last post
218 5,088
Currys Customer Service by boranatty
I Bought a 32" LG LCD from Curry's back in May,towards the end of June it developed a fault,I called Curry's service dept,who told me to contact LG direct as they have their own service engineers and they would come out to fix the problem. I contacted LG only to find that they do not send out engineers and the set would have to be return to them for repair,this would take 7 to 10 days, the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 06 05:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
84 5,052
Freesat vs Freeview quality/bitrate by Tony Houghton[_2_]
My PVR has Freeview and Freesat tuners so it would be useful to know which is better quality when choosing one or the other to make a recording. AIUI Freesat often has lower bitrates than Freeview for a given programme, but if and when Freesat's bitrate is about the same it's the better choice for me because it's less prone to interference. So can anyone point me to a summary of how they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 14th 12 12:48 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
42 5,012
Seriously OT - primarily for Bill by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Bill, and fellow climate change sceptics, Did you watch the Andrew Marr programme this morning? Nigel Lawson has written a book questioning the science and politics of global warming. I mention this because I know that Bill, myself and several others here are sceptical about the issue ("bad science and hysteria", to quote Bill). Bearing in mind Lawson has had other books published already,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 08 08:59 AM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
234 4,985
Whats the point of Freeview? by Boltar
Worse picture quality than analogue TV ( lots of nasty mpeg artifacts and motion blur) Worse reception than analogue TV Receivers use more power than analogue TV (climate change , who cares eh?) Most of the extra channels other than perhaps BBC4 and 1 or 2 others are either utter rubbish or endless repeats.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 25th 08 01:34 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
231 4,971
Freeview equivalent in US? by larry mehl
Hello UK -- Does anyone know if there is something like Freeview in the US? Thanks for any information. Larry Mehl
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 6th 04 09:26 AM
by Ed Go to last post
11 4,957
LCD TV Repair Question by [email protected]
Hi I have an Acoustic Solutions 32" HD ready LCD TV. What the problem is, is that when i try to power on the television, sometimes the television will power on and work fine however more often when i attempt to power on the television the stand-by light turns off (as if it is turning on) then it will come back on and the television stays off. Can anyone tell me what is the problem, how much would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 09 02:15 PM
by charles Go to last post
27 4,947
No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips? by [email protected]
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 21st 10 01:11 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
154 4,918
BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak. by Rick[_10_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html ..
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 10th 12 02:46 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
190 4,906
Blaupunkt TVs by Woody[_4_]
Sainsbury's are doing a Blaupunkt 32" 1080p 3D TV including SCART cable and four pairs of specs for 199. Don't think it has HD tune though. Anyone any idea who makes them - I doubt it is actually Blaupunkt? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 31st 12 01:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
21 4,891
Comet by David
News headline Comet going into administration, did I hear correct? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 11th 12 07:25 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
235 4,862