Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Nokia 9850T box - odd LED error message - on its way out? by Clem Dye
Periodically, when I wake my Nokia 9850T box from standby I see the characters 'JC A' on the LED display (or something like it). The box appears to work as normal, and after the error message/whatever is seen the LED display shows the programme number as normal. I post this more as idle curiosity than anything else - I know that I can get newer, faster boxes, but apart from being a bit slow...
March 7th 05 09:47 AM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
0 145
New LCD television how reliable by john hamilton[_3_]
I'm just about to buy a Sony television for about 500 from ebuyer. A friend says that LCD televisions are now very reliable. So is it really worth paying extra for a five year guarantee?
July 30th 10 07:10 AM
by john hamilton[_3_] Go to last post
0 145
a new reason to use decent flyleads by Bill Wright[_2_]
.... to stop bleeding Belmont getting in and buggering everything up! It's ridiculous, but I've been to a job this afternoon and had to do that on every telly. The system has channel filters and there isn't a scrap of Gp A stuff getting in by that route, but there were lots of complaints of stop-start reception, all due to the sets or boxes having tuned to Belmont. To be fair these problems...
October 4th 11 07:59 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 146
Latest on Fusion PVR... by Rod
Dear unbeatable Customer, with reference to your order for the Fusion FVRT100. We have been advised by our suppliers, Fusion, that their new 'digi - box' is now in production. Fusion say that once the first lines have cleared quality control they are hoping to see healthy volumes of stock early May. We are monitoring this situation closely and will let you know as soon as we have shipment...
April 22nd 04 02:49 PM
by Rod Go to last post
0 146
Court rulings on repairs just after Warranty finished by Bill Wright[_2_]
tim.... wrote: That'll be why my Swedish bought mattress cover is too big now that I've retuned to the UK! tim Honestly the public are getting all sorts of daft ideas about DSO! You don't need to retune a mattress cover. It's only TV sets and DTT receivers.
August 31st 11 07:24 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
1 146
Poor signal conditions etc. by David W.E. Roberts
From: "Adrian Brentnall" adrianthepapersand the Subject: Poor signal conditions tonight? Date: 16 January 2005 20:22 Hi Tony On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:48:01 +0000, tony sayer wrote: snip
January 16th 05 08:30 PM
by David W.E. Roberts Go to last post
0 146
Hi Guys. First Time Poster by reynaldo514
Hi guys. First time poster long time reader. Just wanted to say "Hi" ;) On a side note my Hubby is REAL excited about this new IPO stock GRDX. They just started trading this one like 2 days ago. It's already almost doubled in just 2 days! My Husband is really excited about this stock. Say's it could make us some really BIG money. You guys should check it out. Just spreading the wealth ;)
March 20th 05 12:40 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
2 146
Poor sound on sky digi by Spinal
Weve got 2 sky boxes, the main one and the minibox for the extra subscription, but the mini box for the extra sub has terrible sound quality. The sound, sound's like really low quality mp3s etc Anyone know what this could be, the box downstairs is fine and ive tried different scart leads but it makes no difference
August 28th 03 07:06 PM
by Spinal Go to last post
0 146
Lost a few channels recently by Emperor's New Widescreen
"Andy Social" wrote in message ... Had a freeview box for last 6 months. The other day after a rescan I found I've lost a few channels - C5, ABC, QVC, BidTV and all radio stations except the BBC ones. Although I have managed to gain Setanta Sports?! I would advise you to be very careful when you do a rescan, only...
January 10th 06 09:11 PM
by Emperor's New Widescreen Go to last post
0 146
Channel 4 HD from Eurobird 1 by pqtek
Broadcasting unencrypted right now.
March 23rd 11 12:01 PM
by pqtek Go to last post
0 146
DEC 2000-t frame rate drops after prolonged recording by Andy Dee
Mike Thomas wrote: In the process of putting together a PC for TV recording with a Hauppauge DEC 2000-t I've discovered some odd behaviour by DVB-TV.exe . While stress-testing the system to be sure the cooling is good enough I left it recording continuously for several days and found that after recording for about 12 hours the frame rate of the TV display on the PC falls to maybe 3...
August 12th 05 07:04 AM
by Andy Dee Go to last post
0 147
clear evidence of BBC left wing liberal bias by Silk
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote: In article , Dave Plowman (News) wrote: Brian, you're commenting on an ages old post by that well known racist Bill Wright. And do you never watch the news? That story was heavily covered in it. Sorry - it appears Mr Wright is back on one of his many racist hobby ...
September 29th 12 09:00 AM
by Silk Go to last post
0 147
No YouTube on Fox HD-T2 by Rick[_10_]
A friend rang me this morning to say that he couldn't get YouTube to work on his Fox HD-T2 Freeview receiver, I tried mine and got the the same result, the symptoms are that everything appears to be normal, with a selection of clips on the right hand side, however when a clip is selected and one tries to play it, what resembles the old Nationwide logo spins for a few seconds in the player...
August 6th 11 05:35 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 147
TOT Chinese fakes by Jumbo Jack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13918113 who are they trying to kid....give it a year and they will be banging out cheap copies of whatever export they take from us. Then our companies will go down the tube.
June 26th 11 05:58 PM
by Jumbo Jack Go to last post
0 147
Thank you uk.tech.digital.tv by Tim Downie[_3_]
One of the jobs I had to do today was to find out why my mother's tv wasn't working properly and when I arrived, it seemed to be working but the channels were out of order and some of the newer ones didn't seem to be there at all. I knew that the freeview box hadn't done a rescan in ages so I started it off on a new scan expecting it to sort itself out. As you've probably guessed, it got...
November 9th 10 03:14 PM
by Tim Downie[_3_] Go to last post
0 147
Convergence problems with rear-projector Pioneer T50W1 by news.tin.it
Hi, I have convergence problems with the Pioneer rear-projector SD-T50W1. WHO knows this TV? I am in Italy and the local tv tech picked up the tv and called me the day after, saying that the convergence module needs to be replaced and this costs 800 euro (only material) plus configuring the convergence.
May 11th 05 04:22 PM
by news.tin.it Go to last post
0 147
French digital tv standards query by Alan \(in Brussels\)
In the message ... "Basil" wrote: Ah, but the good bit is that, by usual standards, they will be considerably cheaper across the water, so if they are UK compatible it will doubtless become yet another tax-evading import! You'd have paid French VAT, so no tax will have been evaded. ...
January 24th 05 07:01 PM
by Alan \(in Brussels\) Go to last post
0 147
Attn: SPEWS 66.131.2.182/85 compliance by Zephram A. Arnaldo
arising therefrom, constitute the foundation for the political and intellectual history of that epoch; that consequently (ever since the dissolution of the primaeval communal ownership of land) all history has been a history of class struggles, of struggles between exploited and exploiting, between dominated and dominating classes at various stages of social evolution; that this struggle,...
December 5th 04 04:20 PM
by Zephram A. Arnaldo Go to last post
0 147
Graphics requirements for DTT on a PC by Edward
Ian wrote: Laurie Townsend wrote in message ... If used just for displaying DTT pictures, is there any performance point beyond which it is pointless to go, i.e. when is the graphics delivery completely handled by the card without distress and no improvement to the display quality can be achieved? Also, are...
April 10th 04 11:50 AM
by squish Go to last post
2 147
sky digital problem by Mark
What reciever have you got mate ? there is some known issues with the early Panasonics. If not it could be your LNB. Mark
September 23rd 03 09:07 AM
by Mark Go to last post
0 147
Post New Thread