Post New Thread
Strong spare parts by Rob
Don't suppose anyne would know who supplies Strong Satellite Receiver spare parts in the UK? I have a SRT4155 with a blown PSU which is the only board not shown in the manual as they buy it ready made. This has the regulator blown apart so I can't identify that either. The psu by the way is M280LS which IS on the internet but with no details. Dammit!
December 23rd 06 11:30 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 209
Distrib uting A/V via CAT5 by Roly
Can anybody point me to any articles explaining a DIY approach to distributing stereo audio and video over CAT 5 ? I know of commercial solutions, which I assume to be based on baluns, but for my purposes I'd like to include a sort of distribution amplifier, so that one source is sent to three rooms simultaneously. Obviously I could connect three senders to three outputs of a DA, but I'd rather...
December 22nd 06 10:07 PM
by Roly Go to last post
2 209
Curious TV set fault & mains hum on amp supply lines by Bill Wright
The lady I told you about who said the interference on her TV was caused by the Christmas lights on the balcony below -- well, I was going to forget about it but as it happened I had to go to the next estate along that road today because they had an alleged major fault on the communal system. I thought I'd go and have a look at her while I was in the area, just in case. The telly was an old...
December 22nd 06 06:45 PM
by Geo Go to last post
3 270
Poor reception of ITV channels on Freeview by Bruce Stewart
Peter Barns wrote: A few days ago the reception of ITV channels on my Freeview box deteriorated. It seems to affect some channels but not others (BBC channels are OK). The antenna setup hasn't changed. Any ideas? My antenna is pointed at the Crystal Palace transmitter. Peter It's possible that something affects a particular MUX, leaving others OK.
December 22nd 06 04:17 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
4 1,833
code for universal remote control? (Echostar T-101) by AP
The kids having killed the remote for our Echostar T-101 freeview box, I got one of those 'universal' remote controls. But I don't know the right code, and the best one I've managed to find gives very limited functionality. Anyone know the answer, by any chance? Or where I might look to find one? All advice appreciated.
December 22nd 06 11:54 AM
by AP Go to last post
5 603
What ever happened to the BBC iMP project? by Adrian C
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6194929.stm Now that BBC Worldwide has got into bed with Azureus peer-to-peer for the US, what's happening over here for iMP? http://www.bbc.co.uk/imp For instance http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/askbruce/articles/bbc.co.uk/imp_3.shtml states - "The BBC is in the final testing stage of the application and the full public launch should be later in 2006."
December 22nd 06 11:37 AM
by dave Go to last post
7 274
TV/DVD/DTT combi telly wanted for friend by Marky P
A friend of mine is looking for a LCD telly for the bedroom that is widescreen (17"-20"), has DTT & built in DVD player. So far I've found nothing. The closest is a DMTech LT20XTV but that is only 4:3 and at 414 (Circuit Citi) sounds expensive for a 4:3 set. Any ideas? He wants to keep the wire & remote count down. Marky P
December 22nd 06 09:22 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
0 175
Bill! by Marky P
There is an Antiference TC18 installed at no.1, Glenview, Mexborough. Just wondered if you installed it Mr. Wright? My neice lives next door. It's the new houses at the end of Harlington road. Marky P
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 06 01:15 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
12 587
Telewest's Tvdrive biggest advantage by [email protected]
I moved home now on telewest TV Drive's biggest advantage over Sky is that when you are using the EPG, the TV programme you were watching last continues in a box in the corner of the screen. plus it as three tuners which is a major advantage over SKY only having two, and you have teleport tv. but the Telewest's Tvdrive freezes up several times per week, The biggest thing i miss about sky is the...
December 21st 06 11:27 PM
by h Go to last post
1 156
Totally unrelated to digital tv: My mate's mixed grill by Marky P
I've got a mate who will eat bloody anything, and a lot of it as well! He reckoned that there was nothing I could cook that he couldn't get through. That was, until tonight. Here are pics of the mixed grill I cooked for him. Despite that the last pic looks like he did quite well, he did, in fact leave a lot more but emptied his plate first for the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 06 09:47 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
11 359
dmrex75 or dmrex85 upgrade of disk possible ? by [email protected]
Is there a definitive answer on this ? I have a EX85 on order, but can't find any thing at all about upgrading disks, except I was told in a forum that it's not possible :( .. any one know more or any one tried yet ?
December 21st 06 08:06 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
1 181
Evesham iplayer by Margaret Willmer
This had a good review in "The Times". Has anyone got one yet? Any opinions? It doesn't seem to have 2 tuners which will be a drawback. Margaret
December 21st 06 08:01 PM
by Sean Inglis Go to last post
6 276
Channel 5 Dogs. by Tate and Lyle
How I can I channel the agressive nature out of my five dogs?
December 21st 06 06:55 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
2 203
Invitation to tender by [email protected]
Tenders are hereby invited for erection (oo-eer missus!) of one x group A Hi-gain aerial to be pointed roughly towards CP. Together with a head end to provide DTT signals (Signals to be acceptable to Bill Wright) to two viewing rooms. Provision must also be made for 2 coax runs between the two viewing positions (hereinafter called the living room and dining room (though we rarely live in one and...
December 21st 06 06:28 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
5 190
Telewest are slow in getting new hd channels by [email protected]
why are Telewest so slow in getting new hd channels all i have is bbc HD via tvdrive
December 21st 06 05:11 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 150
Problems receiving Freeview by speckled hen
I have just installed a high-gain antenna in order to receive freeview in preparation for BT Vision. The problem I am having is that although I have a perfect picture via my newly installed antenna I am unable to get freeview when I connect up a borrowed STB. The problem maybe because next door to my house is the local TV repeater for the area (which does not have digital yet). Is there any way I...
December 21st 06 05:06 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 345
CAT5 by Tate and Lyle
I'm on cat 5 now. Numbers 1-4 are buried in the garden. Merry Xmas.
December 21st 06 04:58 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
3 179
Polaroid HD TV Pc World by dave
Anyone got a polaroid 32inch hd tv from Pc World? Its currently at 499 which seems a good price for a lower budget 32 inch and that has twin hdmi connections. Any expierences etc would be helpfull. Up now weve been looking at the toshiba 32 inch at a price of 570 including delivery.
December 21st 06 01:37 PM
by dave Go to last post
0 138
Philips TT650 Analogue Digital Aerial 39db gain by diy-newby
Hi Thinking of getting one of these for the tv in the conservatory. Currently, the tv reception is very poor indeed (un-watchable). Does anyone have one of these Philips TT650 aerials, are they any good. Been debating which aerial to get. Have also seen a flat panel one which I have seen in Asda which can be wall mounted (either internally or externally) for about 30.
December 21st 06 12:17 PM
by Alan Go to last post
1 160
Merry Christmas Bill! by Monkey Hanger
Title says it all really. I don't post here, but I do read the posts every day. I love to see your posts Bill, especially the OT ones. They bring a little glow of sunshine on an otherwise dreary day. Glad to hear everythings OK Bill, after the 5 year check up. I know what that means having been there with one of my sons. And I'm glad to see that your daughters wedding went of well, having...
December 21st 06 10:08 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 153
Post New Thread