Post New Thread
Channel 5 up to something? by [email protected]
Got a curious problem, whenever we switch to channel 5 the screen goes black after about 10 seconds. Anyone else getting this? On CSI night too! Darvel xmitter.
January 1st 07 08:23 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
7 259
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by John Porcella
Now the bad. 1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and end. Programmes can start early or late and if the programme guide is not updated very frequently then this will happen. On my TUTV Anytime DTR there is an option to turn the 'Recording Guard' on and set it, to say, three minutes, so that three minutes before the advertised start time and after the...
January 1st 07 03:50 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 182
OT Dead Comedian. Can anyone help? by trains to brazil
Did a well known Comedian die recently? Apparently, it was on the T.V!
January 1st 07 03:42 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
4 180
What is flashing up on Digital? by Capt Jack Sparrow
I have noticed something flashing up briefly on some Digital Channels - mainly Sky3, but also on E4 and More 4. It appears for a fraction of a second and looks like a text page, divided with black with white text on the left, and white with black text on the right. Its appearance appears to be random, and due to the speed I cannot read what it says. More of an annoyance than a big problem,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 07 03:36 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
11 420
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by André Coutanche
Bob Latham wrote: Now the bad. 1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and end. Using the EPG to set record times is just awful and I always set record times by hand on the Sony but the Toppy doesn't offer this. Let's be clear here. The Topfield did exactly what you asked it to. The reason you lost starts and ends of programmes is because the EPG
January 1st 07 01:26 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
4 344
Why two aerial connectors? by Alan
In message , Bob Latham wrote My mother-in-law lives in a flat (sheltered accommodation) and until recently she had 1 aerial outlet plate with one aerial socket (female) as is most common. Due to them not having Sky I purchased the new top up TV box for her and went along to install it. In the recent past, a freeview box...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 1st 07 11:20 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
20 516
LCD TV picture quality by [email protected]
I've just bought a new 40" Samsung LCD TV. On setting it up, I discovered the quality of the picture is pretty bad. Vertical lines across the entire picture, blurry edges to figures on the TV and a kind of pixellated effect that all adds up to a pretty poor quality picture. I asked in the shop, and they said it was probably a bad quality scart lead, so I bought a top-quality new one - but no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 31st 06 07:51 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
27 885
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by housetrained
"Bob Latham" wrote in message ... Over christmas I borrowed a TF5800 so that I would be able to record up to 3 programs at once, the need for which only occurs at christmas for me and normally my Sony HDD/DVD recorder is more than adequate. Anyway this box of tricks seems to be a real mixed bag of good and bad or ...
December 31st 06 07:35 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
1 197
Special offer from Maplins by Alan
In message , Bill Wright wrote 'f' plugs for 81p. I assume this is for one. The normal price is about 8p for that quality, maybe 22p if you buy them in ones. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=f%20&doy=29m12&source=15 Since when have Maplin been cheap for anything?
December 31st 06 04:06 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 283
TopUp TV off air on Bilsdale? by Doug Paulley
Is anybody else having problems today getting TopUp TV channels (UKTV Gold and so on, not TUTV Anytime) on Bilsdale today? It seems to all be offline. Re-scans either show it as being off air or data-only. The BBC reception website shows no current issues with the transmitter, however. -- http://www.kingqueen.org.uk to email me remove .lartsspammers
December 30th 06 06:45 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
1 183
Jumpy picture on my Toshiba 20wlt56 by MarkSk
Has anyone had a similar problem where after being switched on for 1/2 hour or so the picture starts to jump a bit in a vertical direction? This gets steadily worse until the screen goes black with constantly changing blurred stripes of yellows and oranges. The picture will start to return but it's still very jumpy. One way to slightly eliviate the problem is to turn the TV off & back on but this...
December 30th 06 05:52 PM
by PeeGee Go to last post
2 407
Under cupboard 'flip down'telly at Lidl by Marky P
Has anyone been able to get hold of one of these? As advertised, they had 7" LCD screen, DTT & DVD player for £149. I tried 3 branches today and none even got them in! Did get some digital body fat scales for £6.99 though :-) Marky P
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 06 05:03 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
12 614
Television is dead! by Rob
I am sad to report that Television Mag has closed! Unbelievable but apparently true as I have now heard it from several different sources. Subscribers will receive a proportional refund. This mag started as a suplement to Practical Television in what was it, 1929? Truly, as someone who has appeared on the front cover, a sad day! --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 06 04:51 PM
by charles Go to last post
35 1,005
Info needed by [email protected]
Dear All I live in the UK and am looking for a reliable website that sells DVDs of Italian music. Can someone help? Please reply to me directly my email is Look forward to hearing from you.
December 30th 06 03:37 PM
by gort Go to last post
3 256
TV in the bedroom: LCD or not? by Ian
SWMBO has declared that we need a new TV in the bedroom. Nothing flashy: 17"-ish flat screen, analog and built-in DTT, no cables, no recording. Seems a straightforward requirement, but what about the screen? In the back of my mind I have a notion that LCDs are prone to image burning. Is this true? Should I avoid LCDs? Any recommendations for a suitable set? Anything to avoid? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 06 12:59 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
23 695
Stereo DTT into mono TV by Paul D Smith
My elderly neighbours want to get DTT. They have an old Hitachi TV that amazingly does have composite-in but being old, only mono audio. What is the simplest way to combine the stereo output from a DTT box into the stereo input? Before anyone asks, I have done a quick check and yet, the old set will work with my own DTT box, although obviously only one channel at a time. Thanks, Paul D Smith.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 06 08:01 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
23 610
Will a Dual LNB (19°/13°) work with an old 80cm Analogue "Sky" Dish (Astra 1, 19°)? by Stephen
I have an old 80cm analogue "Sky" dish, still working with analogue LNB pointing at 19° E, and I want to upgrade it to digital without moving the dish. Will a Dual LNB for Astra 19° and Hotbird 13° work with this dish? (For example, the Metronic Dual LNB sold by Maplin in the UK.) The distance between the Astra and Hotbird LNB's on the Metronic is fixed, so I guess it only works on a dish of a...
December 30th 06 07:57 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
3 741
Freeview interference question by Vaughan
My sister recently had a new aerial installed in order to start receiving Freeview (there was no aerial at all beforehand). Due to the height of the roof and its design the rigger installed the aerial in the loft. The aerial is a high gain and the loft is high up (second floor). The signal strength and quality on Freeview channels is 100 percent, according to the TV's menu system. My sister...
December 30th 06 02:30 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
2 334
Recording from digital channel via integrated digital decoder by LincolnShep
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I've just bought a second-hand Philips 28DW9625 TV and I'm struggling to work out how to connect it up to my Bush DVR3003XI DVD recorder. I can connect so that it plays a disc OR so that it can record from digital channels but not both. I've downloaded the TV's instruction book and it says that I must connect a VCR (doesn't mention DVD recorders) to Ext 2...
December 29th 06 09:39 PM
by LincolnShep Go to last post
0 178
Question about the Panasonic DMREX75 by Julian Regel
Hi. I'm currently looking at getting a Panasonic DMREX75 (HDD/Freeview/DVD Recorder) but have one question about it: I do not yet have an aerial that is capable of receiving Freeview. With the exception of the digital channels and the EPG, would I be able to use all the other features (HDD/DVD Recording of the analogue channels)? Sorry if this is a stupid question - I haven't seen anything...
December 29th 06 04:56 PM
by Julian Regel Go to last post
2 176
Post New Thread