Post New Thread
Media player opinions by Tony
Hope this isn't too off topic. Considering networks are going IP TV these days I got a Pinnacle media player (SC200) for chrissy but am greatly dissappointed with it. It just doesn't seem to be a consumer product. The Pinnacle server software won't work on my main PC because its XP 64, and I don't seem to be able to get it to run on my older XP32 PC. So I'm stuck with windows media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 3rd 07 10:35 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
13 386
Recording to DVD from TV with built in digital decoder by LincolnShep
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I've just bought a second-hand Philips 28DW9625 TV and I'm struggling to work out how to connect it up to my Bush DVR3003XI DVD recorder. I can connect so that it plays a disc OR so that it can record from digital channels but not both. I've downloaded the TV's instruction book and it says that I must connect a VCR (doesn't mention DVD recorders but I...
January 3rd 07 08:02 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
1 205
HD DVD player from Bush by David
Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is at a good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are in the 114 makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with Tohiba HD? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
January 3rd 07 06:45 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
4 183
Setting Up a S-Video capable Video by Stone Free
I am getting extremly confused setting up my parents video recorder with their new JVC 32DS6 TV. Previously they owned a Panasonic Multisystem TV that they bought whilst they where living in Abu Dhabi. As far as I remember I set the AV input to S-Video in the VCR menus and connected a S-VHS lead to the Panasonic. This seemed to work fine both when recording on a normal Video tape, and
January 3rd 07 04:23 PM
by Stone Free Go to last post
0 147
Multi-function remote controls at Lidl by Linker3000
Just in case it's useful to know - some Lidl branches currently have an '8-in-1' preprogrammed + learning remote control for 4.99 I have bought a couple (one for lounge and one for bedroom) and they are both working fine with a mix of TVs, CD players, DVD players/recorders, a VCR and two brands of Freeview box. Quality and build is fine for the money.
January 3rd 07 02:28 PM
by Dr Hfuhruhurr Go to last post
4 344
Aerial for freeview and analogue by col.del1
I upgraded my aerial to a 45 wideband unit and get digital but still have some minor ghosting when using analogue TV. Would a 45 Group A aerial be a better choice to reduce ghosting and would a cable upgrade help. I live 25 miles NNW of the Crystal Palace transmitter and analogue signal is best on BBC but slightly less good on ITV and C5. Thanks, Colin
January 3rd 07 11:58 AM
by col.del1 Go to last post
6 214
field strength on wolfbane by Marky P
Hi, I was just checking on Wolfbane the field strength of Kilvey Hill tx from Ilfracombe & it comes up with 22dBuv. What sort of gain would be required to get this up to a more stable level? If that makes sense. Marky P
January 3rd 07 11:33 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
4 339
Philips Matchline TV userguide....... by Flump
anyone know where I can get one from? I.m not sure of the exact model just yet until I return back to my parents house. Flump
January 3rd 07 08:44 AM
by Dr Hfuhruhurr Go to last post
8 336
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by Alan
In message , Bob Latham wrote Now the bad. Which version of firmware was box running 1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and end. Using the EPG to set record times is just awful and I always set record times by hand on the Sony but the Toppy doesn't offer this.
January 2nd 07 05:18 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
5 244
Early Colour Television by Stephen Peterson
Can anyone remember the early colour TV tests that the BBC and ITV did? The BBC used 405 line NTSC whilst ITV used 625 SECAM! tests started after closedown in the afternoons, and usually had a film (Shell or GPO as was! ) Later -some shows like the Billy Cotton band show and the Black and White Minstrals were transmitted in 405 line colour, ITV used Benny Hill as their test subject - I'd...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 2nd 07 05:07 PM
by Louis Barfe's IbMePdErRoIoAmL Go to last post
45 973
Weather sound level low on BBC1 by Victor Delta
Can anyone please explain to me why the national weather bulletin, which follows the main BBC1 news bulletin at 10pm each weekday evening, usually has a sound level a few dBs below the norm? It is a quite noticeable reduction in sound level and if you tweak the TV volume setting you invariably have to turn it down again at the end of the bulletin. I expect there are no manned continuity...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 07 05:07 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
10 400
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by Andrew
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:34:41 GMT, Bob Latham wrote: Now the bad. 1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and end. Using the EPG to set record times is just awful and I always set record times by hand on the Sony but the Toppy doesn't offer this. 3) It takes ages for the EPG to fill in when you switch it on. I've had to ...
January 2nd 07 03:35 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 153
satellite problem as yet unresolved by Bill Wright
Paul came in and told me of a problem job. It's at a large hotel, and the satellite reception on the box in the snooker room is poor, with some missing channels and some freezes. Panic panic panic, of course. On the analyser everything looks OK, although the BER varies rather more than normal. A second Sky box was tried and it was no better than the first, but different channels were...
January 2nd 07 02:39 PM
by Ian_m Go to last post
7 245
Miracle in SP11 by [email protected]
Miracle in SP11 Visiting over the Christmas period. Got handed a set top box to get going, "as you have set up one before" Existing TV very poor 4 channel reception on a portable aerial -"There used to be an aerial in the loft but it didn't work" Not a hope, I thought, but I'd better see how the autotune works. With the portable aerial pointing in the wrong direction half the freeview channels...
January 2nd 07 01:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 186
commtel SRT5885 anyone? by Paul D.Smith
Anyone got a Commtel SFR5885 and care to comment on it? I'm looking for a Freeview box with a modulator and this seems to fit the bill but I can't find any "user feedback" on this particular box. Thanks, Paul DS.
January 2nd 07 10:46 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
0 247
receive CH23 but not 26?? by Geoff Winkless
Hi Was chatting last night to a friend who has installed a PVR for his parents. All was going well except no CH5 (&c) and he was stuck. I checked out the info for Waltham and Mux A is on ch 26, so I assumed he needed a wideband aerial and was spouting off explanations until he explained that they'd just had a new aerial professionally fitted and it was a Televes wideband. So I headed round...
January 2nd 07 10:14 AM
by Geoff Winkless Go to last post
6 233
DTT on a set-top aerial in Preston? by The Bradshaws
Hello folks. My son wants to spend the remains of his Chrstmas money on a Freeview box. For various reasons, gettting a roof-top or loft aerial feed to his room will be dififcult, so I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time trying to use an indoor aerial. I have heard that a relatively inexpensive model at Argos did well in a group-test, so I plan to buy one of those. So the questions...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 07 07:55 AM
by Adrian B Go to last post
14 449
BBC HD on DTT CH 501 by Fr J. Hackett
While conducting a scan of available channels on my computer connected USB TV adaptor a few minutes ago, I noticed a BBC HD channel at 501. I know the BBC have been carrying out an HD DTT trial but I thought that had ended. However, whereas I can receive the standard definition DTT channels, the BBC HD channel prompts the "no signal" legend on my screen, despite seemingly to posess a working...
January 1st 07 09:02 PM
by Fr J. Hackett Go to last post
4 248
Distance from aerial to masthead amp by Marky P
Hi, What's the minimum distance a masthead amp can be to an aerial? I heard a figure of arounf 2 metres, but that sounds a bit OTT. Also, if a masthead amp was used with a loft aerial, should the amp be behind the aerial to avoid feedback or doesn't it matter? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 07 08:54 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
13 501
Computer/ diigital TV by [email protected]
I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new computers with a TV card. Its supposed to be all pre installed and I followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital TV with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or hard drive. I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt seem to work. Am I...
January 1st 07 07:43 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 197
Post New Thread