Post New Thread
Effect of air Pressure on Reception by Matt Bryant
I live right on the coast just outside Weston-super-Mare on the river severn which has something like the second highest tidal rise and fall in the world and was told a while ago that this is one of the reasons why our tv reception is so changeable. Is this true? It makes sense logically and would explain why the digital picture disappears half way through a football game!! Secondly, does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 07 01:46 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
23 1,027
Freecom USB stick for digital TV by dave
Hello. I have a Freecom USB stick which I plug in to my XP PC. The digital reception is good, and I can get 67 channels (some of those are locked). Unfortunately the picture freezes for 10-20 seconds every 10-15 minuntes. I use an external aerial but, as I live in a flat, it's communal. Would it be better for me to buy an indoor aerial? If so can anybody recommend a model. I live in central...
January 6th 07 08:27 PM
by dave Go to last post
9 404
2 - dab radio and freeview tv amp by Coach
Hi 2 questions - does a dab radio need the antenna up? partners TV has freeview and the breaks up allot (indoor bedroom aerial) - would an aerial with an amp help? or just a plug in amp... have seen both at asda cheers
January 6th 07 06:46 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
1 262
Recommendations PVR - Dual freeview and upgradeable hard drive by silver
Hi - sorry if this is an FAQ - I could not find it. I'm looking for recommendations - warnings. I want a PVR - which has dual freeview tuners and the hard disc is upgradeable. I'm happy to open the box - just don't want to be tied to an 80 or 160gb hard drive - when next year you will be able to get 1gb hard drives cheap. Regards Andy
January 6th 07 06:20 PM
by Matt Bryant Go to last post
9 277
Eurosport by Tim
My Samsung HDTV has a built-in digital channel receiver and one of the channels it lists is Eurosport. However, if I select this channel it displays a 'scrambled signal' - how do I get the signal unscrambled, do I need a card or something? TIA tim
January 6th 07 01:40 PM
by Alan Go to last post
2 229
SCART/HDMI question by Low Life #3
HDMI and or SCART The current cabling is Pace Sky Digibox SCART out to VCR SCART in, VCR SCART out to HDTV SCART1 (RGB), DVD SCART to HDTV SCART2 When we purchase a DVD/HDD Recorder I plan to cable Pace Sky Digibox SCART out to VCR SCART
January 6th 07 10:48 AM
by Low Life #3 Go to last post
0 167
Rebroadcast test (analogue so OT) by Bill Wright
See http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/RealBillWright/NerdyStuff/photo#5016371175684838690 This is what my normally perfect BBC2 picture from Emley Moor looks like at the moment. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 07 10:38 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
11 381
A message from the editor of 'Television' by Bill Wright
Subject: Television Magazine Sincere apologies for the mass nature of this email, but it seamed the most efficient way of getting the news out. It is with great regretted that I have to announce that Nexus Media Communications has decided to close Television and Consumer Electronics Magazine. Most of you will have been aware that the company has been looking for a buyer for the magazine and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 07 03:59 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
21 609
Scart splitter / output to 2 inputs? by Douglas Hall
I've seen (and got a couple somewhere) SCART switching boxes that tend to allow you to amalgamate numerous SCART outputting devices to say a single SCART input. However, that's not a problem I have - my TV has numerous SCART inputs (at least 2 are RGB capable). What I want is something that can take the RGB output (with aspect ratio signalling) from my Sky+ box TV SCART out, and split to two...
January 5th 07 01:20 PM
by Bigguy Go to last post
5 947
More info on DTT reception in Ilfracombe by Marky P
Right! Been on uk free tv website, & upon doing a postcode check, they recommend either Huntshaw Cross or Caradon Hill. I also checked with the DTG website, and they came up with Wenvoe. Think I really should get a wideband & check them all out. Marky P
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 07 12:18 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
14 480
Universal remote controls by Vaughan
I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good multi-device remote? I'm looking for one for myself which can control up to eight devices, and one for my mother which is simple to use with large buttons and able to control three devices. The options seem to boil down to two companies - Logitech and One For All. One For All do the 'Big Easy' range which seems suitable for my mother, and...
January 5th 07 11:20 AM
by gbh Go to last post
4 314
[slightly OT] recommend a small TV/DVD combo for my MIL? by jkn
Hi all I'm looking for a *small* TV/DVD combo for my Mother-in Law. She's perfectly happy with the cheapo one from Asda we've just lent her, which I think is a 14" one. I'm just looking for something a little better made than that. A quick search reveals the Philips 14" 14PT6107 and 15" Flat screen 15PT6807. I'd be inclined to get the latter except that from the reviews I've read the DVD...
January 5th 07 03:01 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 257
Please participate: Online Survery by Jim
Hi, A friend is looking for participants for an online research survey. That'd be great if you could participate in this anonymous survey (participants should be UK mobile subscribers). There seems to be a draw for a few prizes as well. Here is the link: http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=605918 Thanks
January 4th 07 08:32 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
6 297
Best way to archive PVR recordings? by 11
Our DVD recorder is no more; it has ceased to be; if it weren't nailed to its perch it'd be pushing up the daisies. It is an ex-DVD recorder... so we need to replace it with something. After a fair bit of Googling it seems that the device that we'd like - a twin-tuner PVR with a built-in DVD recorder - does not seem to exist. We like the idea of pausing live TV and being able to record...
January 4th 07 08:20 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
5 646
Bought the bits for my Ilfracombe DTT attempt :-) by Marky P
Hi, Being the sort of person who jumps the gun a bit, I've ordered a Televes X43 group A aerial from CPC to take to Devon when I go down there in Feb. I just hope I've made the right decision in going for a grouped aerial rather than wideband. Only Kilvey Hill is group A, so it limits me to this one tx, but according to wolfbane, that's the best choice. I'll use a mast head amp as well. I am...
January 4th 07 02:25 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 274
Anyone got a projector? by Ben
I've been thinking of getting a projector for a while, I was considering the Sanyo Z3, then the Z4, then the Z5 (you can tell how long I've been procrastinating). Are they any good? What other models should I be considering? Its mainly for use with a PC DVI output (via a HDMI adapter if necessary).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 07 01:29 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
10 341
Loss of picture colour not teletext or channel indicator by SHook
Hello, Wonder if anyone can tell me if the problem i have can be fixed easily or should I just ditch the tv and buy another one? I have Sony Trinitron KV-X2552U tv. Unfortunately and suddenly the colour picture will become black and white, maybe for a few seconds or usually for a couple of hours. Occasionally if you turn the tv off and on again (either remote or on the tv) the colour picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 07 11:58 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
12 6,052
Series Link Data as part of Freeview Signal by Biguana
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but I've just bought a Sony RDR-HXD710. I like it and it seems to do what I wanted, but the one thing it's missing is the "series link" functionality. ie be able to record all episodes of a series whether they're repeated in a regular fashion or not (as is possible on a Sky+ or TiVo box). My understanding is that the PVR is ready to go with this, but...
January 4th 07 11:42 AM
by Biguana Go to last post
7 242
UK DTT receiver in France by André Coutanche
I've just come back from spending Christmas in France with my wife's family. Since they live in an area which is supposed to be covered by French DTT (TNT /en français/), I took with me my Goodmans GDB3 box to see what would happen. I had understood that the DVB spec. was Europe-wide, and, while the U.K.'s use of MHEG for 'teletext' is unique, the basic signal transmission standards were...
January 4th 07 06:16 AM
by Usenet Go to last post
6 254
Freecom DVB-T USB stick by Digital Photography Now
I have one of these DTT receivers running off a Telecam non-amplified indoor aerial. I can get a perfect picture with 5/5 on the signal strength one minute and then 0/5 a few minutes later, picture frozen. Let's say I'm viewing BBC1. When it freezes, so does BBC2, but ITV is fine and if I then switch back to from ITV to BBC the BBC channels are fine again for a few minutes. I'm about 3...
January 4th 07 01:17 AM
by Digital Photography Now Go to last post
0 175
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 9861 to 9880 of 19679