Post New Thread
change of picture size by Tab
I have Freeview box and a VCR both connected to Tv with separate scart cables(two scart sockets on Tv).When I change from anologue channels to freeview or to VCR the picture on Tv changes to a smaller size.This can be adjusted back to full screen using Tv remote but is there any way that I can set things so that picture stays same size for all modes.I have studied handbook and looked at all...
January 9th 07 11:54 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
6 295
distort signal with magnet? by AP
I'd like to fit a masthead amplifier for my Dad. Problem is, he has four coaxial cables running thru' a hole in the wall (by the tv on the ground floor) and disappearing up over the roof, which is totally inaccessible, making it impossible to see which is actually connected to the aerial (the others being remnants of long-discarded cable systems). Is there any way to identify the one that's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 07 11:23 AM
by Tony Go to last post
10 680
blinking Sony problem - help! by AP
I got a five year old Sony Trinitron off ebay, and after a month it seems to have packed up. Mid-programme, the screen suddenly went green and the sound died. Now, when you turn it on, the sound comes on properly for just a second or so, while the screen shows green with the od wavy line, then the screen goes phut and dies to black, the soun dies, and the red power light goes into a loop of 6...
January 9th 07 10:02 AM
by AP Go to last post
6 321
Receiver with DVB-C and DVB-S tuner? by zii kell
Dear all, Does anyone know of a company selling a HD and SD digital receiver that has both a DVB-C and DVB-S tuner in it? Best wishes, Z.
January 9th 07 09:05 AM
by Jan Panteltje Go to last post
5 237
Dumb question about Scart leads by Bobby
Hi, Sorry if this has been asked before. I've done a bit of searching, but can't really find the answer I'm looking for. I have Telewest cable and I've just bought a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV. I've ordered a Telewest TVDrive box so that I can get a HD signal, but that doesn't arrive until next week. I knew before I bought the LCD that the quality may not be as good as CRT on a normal signal. However,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 07 08:46 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
25 599
Sagen freeview box questions by Paul D.Smith
Both questions related purely to the Freeview boxes ITD5x and ITD6x - I'm not interested in the PVRs. 1. There appears to be an ITD58, ITD58G and ITD58NG - any differences other than the case styles? 2. What are the latest firmware levels for the various Sagem boxes? I can't find this info. on the Sagem website. Thanks,
January 9th 07 08:00 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
0 246
Windows Vista disables non-HDMI video/audio out heads-up by Paul D.Smith
All, Have you caught the current debates about Windows Vista disabling digital output (for example TOS, S-video and similar audio/video outs) on media style PCs when playing protected media? I won't bother you all with the details but a quick Google for Vista and HDMI will point you in the right direction. The basic idea is that HDMI has copy protection but if your PC is simultaneously...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 07 07:05 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
20 750
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by Dr Zoidberg
Bob Latham wrote: Over christmas I borrowed a TF5800 so that I would be able to record up to 3 programs at once, the need for which only occurs at christmas for me and normally my Sony HDD/DVD recorder is more than adequate. Anyway this box of tricks seems to be a real mixed bag of good and bad or perhaps I'm missing something. You do realise that some people will want your entire...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 07 12:05 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 391
Sky+ questions by John Jones
Thinking about upgrading from sky to sky+ and would be glad of advise on the following:- At the mo have tv with standard sky digibox in Lounge and cable extension to tv in Bedroom. In lounge have the 5 terrestrial channels via terrestrial aerial in loft and all Sky channels from sky dish. In bedroom, via cables from lounge and Sky tv link eye thing, also have terrestrial channels and all...
January 8th 07 07:07 PM
by John Jones Go to last post
4 213
Bauer TV by tab
I bought a Bauer tv from Tesco and have been trying to find out a bit about it,Maker,country where made ,etc On the box is an address of an English company but I think they are just the distributers.The Tv appears to be ok and price was reasonable but I would like to know a bit more about it.Google search did not produce a web site for it.Thanks in advance for any info. Tab
January 8th 07 05:40 PM
by Stephen Peterson Go to last post
2 240
hard disk recorders with usb/ethernet by Darren
Hi Are there any hard disk recorders with connections to PC so that one can backup the video files? Darren
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 07 12:56 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
10 423
streaming a video input by Darren
Hi Is it possible to stream an input e.g. Scart to PC over the web? A piece of software that will open the input .e.g composite and then run a webserver that lets you view it remotely? thanks
January 8th 07 12:25 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 186
TETRA Interference To UK Satellite Transmissions? by Java Jive
Definitely in the broadcast source material. The other day I recorded a retransmission of the same programme, "Survival - Wild Voices, Quiet Waters", and the TETRA or whatever in the new recording was exactly the same as the old one! "Java Jive" wrote in message news:... "Dave Farrance" wrote in message ...
January 8th 07 10:32 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 213
What is best, wideband or grouped aerials diplexed? by Marky P
Just wondering if there would be a higher gain using 2 aerials combined with a diplexer or a single wideband aerial? Apart from the extra windload, would the signal losses through the diplexer make it no better than a single w/b aerial? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 8th 07 08:39 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
20 594
Hauppauge WinTV USB2 PVR with Windows MCE by Digital Photography Now
I'm trying to get Windows MCE working properly on a laptop connected to a Hauppauge WinTV USB2 box. It's not the MCE edition of the WinTV USB2, but the I downloaded the drivers from Hauppauge's site and installed. The analogue signal comes from an NTL STB. So this provides BBC/ITV/C4/C5 terrestrial channels and a channel from our DVD/HD recorder. The Hauppauge tuner was never explicitly...
January 8th 07 12:42 AM
by Digital Photography Now Go to last post
0 189
Windows MCE and aspect ratios by Digital Photography Now
I'm just getting used to Windows MCE and I'm trying to get on top of varying aspect ratios. When viewing full screen, using right-click-properties lets you use a zoom control to correct the aspect ratio of the view. But if the screen reduced to a window, the zoom correction is lost and right-click-properties doesn't show the zoom option any more. Is there a work around for this? One other...
January 8th 07 12:42 AM
by Digital Photography Now Go to last post
0 187
Another Sky+ question! by Nel
My brother is talking about getting Sky+ with multiroom as he is currently residing with our parents for the next year or so. He's talking about getting 2 Sky+ boxes - one in his room, and one in the living room for our parent's use (if they ever get the hang of such technology!) Is this possible? I mean, even if he buy's a second Sky+ box, will Sky activate the full pause/record...
January 7th 07 11:49 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 222
photos of Devon property I'll be working on. by Marky P
Hi, Further to my investigations in getting DTT in Ilfracombe, I've got some photos of the house and adjacent properties. The first one shows a nearby property with 2 diplexed aerials, the vertical one should be pointing at the Ilfracombe relay & the other one pointing towards Wales. Now, Ilfracombe & Carmel (Wales) are both CD, so I would imagine that the aerial pointing to Wales is either on...
January 7th 07 10:04 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 299
TV via GPS? by Stan The Man
This might not be the brightest question of the day but is there any potential at all to deliver TV via GPS to an in-car Sat-Nav system? Stan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 07 09:01 PM
by Fred X Go to last post
10 456
Here's a new one (Danger: Partly Totally Off Topic) by Bill Wright
The other day I drove 45 miles to a block of flats because there were 'lots of' complaints about the TV system. It turned out that there had been one complaint, so the manager had egged the pudding a bit by invoking a few fictional ones, as they often do. OK, so after a rather embarrassing (for her) discussion in which we whittled the list down to one I entered the flat of this sole...
January 7th 07 03:15 PM
by Graham Go to last post
8 295
Post New Thread