Post New Thread
WF100 in brown! by Marky P
In case you didn't know, WF100 cable is now avcailable in brown! You probably won't agree with me, but I believe that brown is the best colour for running down brick work. Blends in better than black. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 11th 07 11:35 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
23 717
DAB Radio ? by the_constructor
I was thinking of investing in a DAB radio, but have been told that the current system is the pits and to wait whilst the new system comes out. I didn't realise that the powers that be were going to upgrade the system. Is this true and when? -- the_constructor
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 07 08:57 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
100 2,761
Freeview query by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Thus spaketh MCC: I was recently given an Asda (Durabrand) Freeview box. It works fine, even on an indoor aerial. But whenever a news programme, local or national, comes on the air, we get an annoying "Press i" in the top right-hand corner that refuses to go away, no matter which button we press! If "i" is pressed the "Press i" disappears and the station and programme ident comes up...
January 11th 07 01:09 AM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
0 188
tvtv.co.uk by Andy Hoad
Has anyone had any experience of using tvtv to record programs using Elgato Eye TV and a Mac?
January 11th 07 12:54 AM
by Malcolm Herring Go to last post
5 356
Freeview query by Mike GW8IJT
"MCC" wrote in message ... I was recently given an Asda (Durabrand) Freeview box. It works fine, even on an indoor aerial. But whenever a news programme, local or national, comes on the air, we get an annoying "Press i" in the top right-hand corner that refuses to go away, no matter which button we press! If "i" is...
January 10th 07 10:54 PM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
0 198
Recommend a Media Streaming PVR, DVD combo? by Shug
Hi, I've been using Media Center 2005 for nearly a year, and while it does some things I need, it's just not reliable enough, so I'm about to change to a new setup. My MCE2005 laptop currently accesses loads of films, programmes etc which are on a file server on my home network and using TV Out can display them on my TV.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 07 10:50 PM
by Shug Go to last post
15 473
Domestic aerial not working since SKY installed by [email protected]
Hi folks, 6 months ago we moved into our new property. Since SKY was not installed we got by using the house aerial for the five terrestial channels. We got a great picture for all channels. Three months ago we got SKY installed, and was used with the only tv we have. At Christmas we got a new LCD TV with digital tuner for the bedroom, which we are hoping to use instead for Freeview as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 07 10:30 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
18 914
Getting tinmecode info via SDI by tfovid
Hi all, I am an absolute newbie to the trade (used to work in IT but recently converted to "TV for web" stuff). I have a question regarding the possibility to read timescodes from SDI: I am currently using a Sony Betacam SP machine and an Adobe Premiere software to encode analog tapes into AVI and subsequently transcode the AVI's to whatever digital format I want. I am hoping to replace...
January 10th 07 08:49 PM
by tfovid Go to last post
0 175
Help for TV/satellite cabling by Inquisitive
I'm in the process of recabling my house for terrestial TV as well as Sky and need some advice/recommendations for the setup. I'd like to keep everything as tidy as possible and so am considering using a face plate with two sockets - one for an aerial type connection and the other for the satellite connection. I had a look at Maplin and can see a couple of possibilities that I assume will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 07 08:03 PM
by Dave Liquorice Go to last post
41 1,277
TVDrive by Bobby
Hi all, I'm having a Telewest TVDrive installed next week. I've seen a few reviews of it, but mainly from before the World Cup last summer. Presumably things have moved on a bit since then. I'd be interested in hearing your opinions of the box. What are the advantages to having one? I had hoped to get quite a bit more HD than it looks like I'm getting. I even read the other day that BBC HD is...
January 10th 07 02:54 PM
by Bobby Go to last post
3 248
HD newbie by Gary Baldy
Hello I'm about to jump into the world of owning a LCD HD TV. I won't be subscribing to the Sky HD service until the cost comes down and the content goes up ! So initially I will be using : * standard Sky+ digital service (SCART connection) * Cheapo DVD recorder (SCART connection) - http://tinyurl.com/y6ggtg * Playstation 2 (Audio L/R, CVBS) ??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 10th 07 12:46 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
22 641
Sony RDR GXD500 receiver showing wrong time and date by Mark Fraser (News)
Just noticed that my Sony DVD recorder is showing the wrong time. It's showing 1 1 on the front display and the 17 April 1970 on the EPG screen. I've tried a new install and that hasn't done anything, I've now tried unplugging hoping that it'll work. If this doesn't work, does anyone have any ideas what to do next? -- ___________________________________________ |\ /| ark...
January 10th 07 10:43 AM
by Dave Hill Go to last post
6 359
Sky+ expansion? by Margaret Willmer
Have Sky produced anything that will connect to the "general purpose interface" or has anyone else? I suppose there isn't a USB port there. I haven't dared take the plate off though our box is out of warranty. Margaret
January 10th 07 10:00 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
3 258
question about old freeview box and reception by David Horne, _the_ chancellor
Hello, I posted a while back that I was having problems with Freeview reception in a new flat I'd moved into in a block with a communal aerial. At the time, it was suggested that the actual aerial might be the problem. As it isn't such a big deal, I'd decided just to leave it, as I could get the analogue broadcasts fine, and some digital channels. Playing around with the back of the old...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 07 09:07 AM
by Tony Go to last post
11 379
Website for voting on videos and news by Useful Info
Here's a cool website for voting on videos and news. It has a mix of both. http://Muvy.org
January 10th 07 06:35 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 188
subtitle recording by Justin Thyme
Looking for a DVD HDD recorder that will record digital subtitles and ideally allow them to be switched on or off on playback. RNID recommend the Humax PVR 9200T as it records in "closed format, so when you play the recording back, you can choose whether or not to watch with subtitles." Does any one know if the Sony RDR HXD 560 or Pioneer DVR 440 HXS do the same?
January 9th 07 06:57 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 203
Scart to scart by Bill Wright
Oh dear me. I bought three small black scart adaptors from CPC. They comprised two sockets back to back. One of them worked fine. The other two didn't. They were wired pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc. Not worth sending them back really. They were dead cheap. Hand soldered, with little wires. I wouln't fancy sitting in a sweat shop all day in China soldering wires. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 07 06:39 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
11 382
DTT in Ireland & PC World by I McD
For those of you who didn't already know it, Ireland's economy is booming. The 'Celtic Tiger' means that everyone is driving around in brand new Mercedes and using 100-euro notes to light their turf fires with. To take advantage of this new found wealth many UK stores and businesses are setting up shop. (Including yours truly who is making far more as a rigger than he ever could in penny-pinching...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 07 05:38 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
20 734
Help - which way to go. by harrogate3
This is probably a topic well covered here, but I'll ask it again. The time has come to replace the VCR or VCRs - we have one in our bedroom and one in the lounge. In the lounge we also have a DVD (-R/RW) player bought for its ability to decode SACD. I cannot decide which is the best way to go. We have FreeSat in the lounge and Freeview in all rooms (well, nearly.) We watch most TV in the...
January 9th 07 05:34 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
4 245
Sky technical support by Geoff Winkless
"You are calling at a busy time and your call will not be answered as quickly as we would like. For your convenience we are passing you to an automated technical helpline to avoid any unnecessary hold time. This information is also available to you if you have access to a pc: just log on to www.sky.com" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I'll decide for myself if my hold time is necessary,...
January 9th 07 02:34 PM
by Sean Black Go to last post
9 292
Post New Thread