Post New Thread
RF leads by Justin Thyme
N and Ps TVs are fed from 2 aerials and they both come in through our store room next to the PC. One goes through their loft to the lounge. The other drops down to the TV in their conservatory. Is it possible to use an RF lead to pass signals in both directions? Suppose we wanted to feed the output from the PVR, along with the incoming aerial signal through to the lounge. Would this be...
January 14th 07 09:49 AM
by Justin Thyme Go to last post
1 187
production fault on aerials? by Bill Wright
Just received this: Hello Bill, Thought you and other riggers might be interested in the following, I bought a Philex high gain antenna from Argos just before Christmas as we were having my mother in law to stay and we needed a "box" in the
January 13th 07 10:51 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
3 249
The evil of off-topic posts by Bill Wright
The present flurry of activity in this group on the subject of the TV licence is quite deplorable. This is an administrative matter rather than a technical one and has no place in a technical newsgroup. I feel strongly that posts should be absolutely totally on topic at all times, otherwise we will all go to hell in a handcart. I challenge anyone to find a post of mine that is not completely...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 07 07:44 PM
by Sylvain Van der Walde Go to last post
15 420
Sony VTX-D800 by Jerry and Ce
Do any of Sony's current products equal the performance of this digibox? Maybe one of the hard drive/DVD recorders with built in Freeview? Thanks. Jerry
January 13th 07 05:08 PM
by GlynM Go to last post
7 423
My communal aerial problem continued... by Marky P
Hi, You may remember a while ago that I was going on about my communal aerial not working. Well, got a chance to go up in the loft today & found the problem. Yes, there is an aerial, and a fine one it is too (Triax) but I also found the coax cable coming up from my flat, which was cut off! The aerial was only connected to the flat above me & no where else. So I decided to reconnect my cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 07 02:41 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
21 2,155
Panasonic Freeview Boxes TU-CT20 and TU-CT30 by Gendy
Panasonic are offering a software update for each of these boxes in the week beginning 8th January 2007... For the TU-CT20 (of which I have two from Oct2002 and Feb2003 - still in daily use) there is an update DCB_A_1.19....this is presumably for those boxes working with DCB_A_1.14 or DCB_A_1.15 . Whether this new update will also work with boxes using DCB_1.15 I don't know ....
January 13th 07 08:21 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
9 493
TOT Times Xword trick by Bill Wright
Bottom right hand corner: the clue is 'Book of Old Testament', so you naturally put 'Exodus'. This fits in nicely with 'Plateaux' which is the obvious answer to 'high plains'. But if you put 'Exodus' nothing else fits, so after a lot of pratting about you put 'Esther', which means that you have to alter 'Plateaux' to 'Plateaus' , which doesn't seem right to me. I eagerly await the newspaper...
January 13th 07 12:22 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 217
Am I reading this right?? by Nel
I've just read the discussion re hard drives and people mention Sky locking half the capacity. Is this with all boxes and/or drives bigger than the original (first) drives of 40GB? I have a Pace box which currently has the original 40GB drive in. I tried a couple of times in the past to upgrade but reverted due to problems with the drives. So if I decided to have another bash at...
January 12th 07 09:58 PM
by Nel Go to last post
2 150
Bloody Annoying! (Sky 3 last night) by Ralph
Just sat down to watch the final episode of 24 which I taped off Freeview last night and there's sound, but no picture - just a black screen with the sky 3 logo in the corner. The sound and logo suggest that I set everything up ok, but did anyone else experience this blank screen? Having watched 23 previous episodes, to miss the last one is bloody annoying. Do you think they will repeat it...
January 12th 07 04:21 PM
by Ralph Go to last post
0 184
Sagem ITD60 modulator question by Paul D.Smith
I've got hold of a Sagem ITD60 for my neighbours who have a SCART-less TV. Last night I tried it on my TV and there seemed to be some form of interference on the modulator outlet that caused the picture to have feint sloping lines. It isn't terrible but its not as good as the SCART output (all tested on my Sony CRT which has a SCART). If I take the freeview box out of the "loop", there is...
January 12th 07 03:07 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 323
BBC3 DOGS by Agamemnon
The SCUM controlling BBC3 have now began placing DOGS on every single bloody programme including FILMS. I will not put up with this any longer. I refuse to watch Robin Hood Prince of Thieves while it is being defaced by a DOG, and will witch something else instead or nothing at all. The BBC3 staff can all go and jump in the sea, after all its Epiphany but the BBC seem to have forgotten all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 07 11:52 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
63 1,915
My communal aerial again... by Marky P
Hi, It's no longer a communal aerial. Took the aerial off the side of my flat (the one on the loft lance glued to the wall) and bunged it in the loft. Now, although signal seems ok, still not as good as it was outside (though near ground level), Could be just the attenuation of the tiles, but as long as the signal stays constant with no breaking up, I'll be happy. Marky P.
January 12th 07 10:16 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
0 147
Pre-selecting inputs on Sony Bravia LCD by John Rumm
Anyone know if it is possible to preselect an input on a Sony KDL20S2030 20" Widescreen Bravia? If you power it down while set to a DVB TV chanel, it will power up on the same channel. If however it was set to its PC input on power down, it seems to revert to the tuner again on power up. For the application in hand, it would be nice if it could be made to powerup with the PC input selected.
January 12th 07 09:20 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
3 191
PAL60 - PAL50 Converter by seani
I have a friend who's had problems using his new XBOX 360 in conjunction with a Sony LCDTV (analogue connection). Sony have laid the blame squarely at Microsofts door, claiming that their TV is capable of using a correct PAL60 signal, and that the PAL60 signal used by the 360 is in some way deficient or non-standard. MS when challenged ummed and ahhed about it and said a technical representative...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 07 09:10 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
26 1,084
After the analogue switch off...... by Nel
How much bandwidth is said to be going to be available once the analogue terrestrial switch off is complete? Is it likely to be into the hundreds, or just double or treble what we get now??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 07 12:30 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
13 493
Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey by Mark Carver
Bob Latham wrote: Now the bad. 1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and end. Using the EPG to set record times is just awful and I always set record times by hand on the Sony but the Toppy doesn't offer this. No TAPs installed ? 2) The case buzzes profusely and I have to place weights on the case top
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 07 09:42 PM
by Alan Go to last post
19 648
HD Channels on NTL? by [email protected]
Anyone know when NTL will start broadcasting HD channels? I'm getting TV Drive next week, which supports HD aswell as having the 3 tuners and hard drive, but I understood from the customer services person that there are no HD channels available yet. Boz
January 11th 07 09:19 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 209
Telephone connection with Sky+ by John Jones
The Sky man calls tomorrow to fit Sky+...excellent...only thing is, I know its important to have the sky+ box connected to the phone line... ....so I've just tried to do this...connect the existing Skydigi box to the BT phone line in the lounge...this connects ok...BUT, when connected, the line to my broadband pc located upstairs drops out...and says Error 680 no dial tone! Anyone know why an...
January 11th 07 08:50 PM
by John Jones Go to last post
2 199
IT'S THE ROAD TO TELLY HELL by Dave Farrance
IT'S THE ROAD TO TELLY HELL Thousands set to lose their signal Those are today's headlines (10 Jan 07) in huge letters in the Gloucestershire Echo. The Ridge Hill transmitter that serves the Cheltenham and Gloucester area is actually due to switch off in 2011. No harm in getting people thinking about the switch-off, of course, but if bad information is given then it gives cowboy riggers a chance...
January 11th 07 07:34 PM
by Joe Go to last post
8 329
Freeview query by Max Demian
"MCC" wrote in message I was recently given an Asda (Durabrand) Freeview box. It works fine, even on an indoor aerial. But whenever a news programme, local or national, comes on the air, we get an annoying "Press i" in the top right-hand corner that refuses to go away, no matter which button we press! If "i" is...
January 11th 07 11:16 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
4 250
Post New Thread