Post New Thread
TopupTV - without subtitles by [email protected]
Just in case this saves anyone else wasting their time: After trying everything I could think of, I still couldn't get an elderly relative's TopupTV Anytime box (in London) to show subtitles. I emailed TopupTV. Just nine days later came my reply - 95% standard text answering questions I never asked, but one paragraph that might have been intended to help: "We would like to take this...
January 16th 07 07:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 256
Durabrand DCT1481 Remote by Nick
Has anyone got a leaflet or user guide for one of these? I've lost ours and I need to reprogram it. Nick
January 16th 07 07:45 PM
by Andrew Price Go to last post
1 1,301
DVI-I and HDMI by Margaret Willmer
We are looking for a new TV. The one I think we might get is a Philips 23PF5321/01 . The John Lewis website shows this as having a DVI-I input and not an HDMI one. I don't know what this means. The DVI-I is what I use on my PC (I think). Can someone explain in simple language please or point me to a simple website? Many thanks Margaret
January 16th 07 12:00 PM
by Bigguy Go to last post
8 744
Freeview with Hard Drive by Niaz
The freeview boxes that come with a 80GB drive. Can these be used as media centers for transferring file onto via PC USB?
January 16th 07 08:07 AM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
7 404
TV passive splitter question by Lobster
Hi Excuse the numpty question but... I'm thinking of splitting the signal from an (analogue) TV aerial to feed two TVs, if it can be done quickly and easily using a passive splitter (otherwise I won't). I was at least going to try one of these rather than one of those cheap'n nasty Y-adaptors from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 07 01:22 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
19 588
Rigger recommendation please - Hemel Hemp. area by PerkyPat
I'd be very grateful for any recommendations based on personal experience, or on excellent reputation. I'm actually in Berkhamsted, receiving signals from Crystal Place. The reception is marginal here, and I want a complete replacement and upgrading of the existing aerial and all cables (which I suspect are ancient). From what I've gathered from browsing this group for a few months, I'm...
January 16th 07 12:54 AM
by PerkyPat Go to last post
0 223
Masthead v Indoor Amp - simpleton question by Woby Tide
I have searched and think I know the answer but because the search terms are so common I tend to just get shop websites. What's the fundamental difference between a masthead amp and an indoor amp..if used in a loft with power? I.e. I've investigated the setup in our new property. Within the loftspace I have found the aerial, approx 1 metre down the cable there is a power supply with an indoor...
January 15th 07 10:51 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 3,771
Non-Sky HD by grafix
I want to get HD but I am not prepared to pay Murdoch for the privelage. I have found 2 HD satellite boxes, a Pace and a Humax. Does anyone have any experience in using either of them?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 07:29 PM
by Hippy Go to last post
15 655
Petitions to PM - Why don't we draft one on minimum standards of broadcast quality that Ofcom should enforce? by Java Jive
While accepting the fact that it may not do much good, we ought to take every opportunity we can to try to halt the slide in technical broadcast standards and ensure decent technical quality. What I envisage is that AS A GROUP we draft minimum technical standards of broadcast quality here and petition the PM to act to ensure that Ofcom or other appropriate body sets these minimum technical...
January 15th 07 03:09 PM
by Heracles Pollux Go to last post
2 177
Would you BELIEVE it? by Bill Wright
36 miles to a flats complex and what do I find? The lady had complained that satellite didn't work. Sure enough, No Signal Was Being Received. A quick look over the back of the settee at the wallplate established the existence of a splitter on the satellite flylead. I queried the presence of such a thing. "Oh, my son did it so I can have a satellite box in the bedroom as well, but it isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 07 02:55 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
29 866
Annoyance with TV set by Bill Wright
In my office is an old (but good) Panasonic 14" telly. For some reason there are two remotes kicking about. Because of the CCTV and the various other things the aerial system has about 20 analogue channels on it, which have to be tuned manually because we like them in a certain order. The other day while I was on the phone I noticed that the telly picture suddenly became brighter and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 02:30 PM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
17 569
Adding memory to Sky+ by Ed
Norman wrote: "Ed" wrote in message ... The wife and kids series link so much crap that we always have less than 20% free on the planner, so rather than put a keep mark against any of my stuff, i thought I'd swap out the hard drive for a 160gb one. Is this a simple process, and apart from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 07 08:45 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
28 908
TV License vs Broadband Internet Only by andwan
if I don't have a TV set, but I got broadband internet via cable modem, but no subscription to NTL TV service, do I have to buy a TV license?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 15th 07 12:04 AM
by LeeJS Go to last post
89 2,035
LVW 5025GHC DVD HDD Recorder - How much on a disc by [email protected]
Hi All, I Ihave a Liteon LVW 5025GHC 80GB HDD DVD recorder. I am very impressed and have been using it since the summer when I brought it. I am now trying to put some bits onto DVD. First off, I realise my mistake as I thought this wrote to dual layer disks. Ok - purely my fault - this model doesn't (although some of the larger capacity HDDs do in this range).
January 14th 07 11:12 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 233
copying from Sky+ by Scabbydug
I know I can record direct to a VCR from saved programmes on Sky+. However, can I record from the Sly+ box directly onto my computers HD?.
January 14th 07 11:12 PM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
3 262
musing on Sunday afternoon by Bill Wright
Here's a puzzle that's just occurred to me. How can we assess the beamwidth of an aerial in view of the existence of fresnel paths? Come on gents, rouse yourself from your torpor and get to grips with this knotty problem. Bill
January 14th 07 05:31 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
2 261
Telewest box by david51248
I have just bought a second hand telewest box to be able to watch in another room. It works as far as signal goes but only channels I can get are -- ITV 1, BBC, Ch.4, BBC 2. and then there are 4adult channels and a premier football. I would like just to watch the same basic package as my other one in the other room. Doe anyone know how to reset this box to the same as I am paying for as I don't...
January 14th 07 05:00 PM
by Hippy Go to last post
2 243
rolling picture by Jim
Hi I have a Philips DVD recorder model DVDR630VR. I am experiencing a very annoying intermittent problem. When I try to record a disk my TV picture starts rolling. This doesn't happen every time but it happens enough to have caused me to return to drinking which the wife doesn't like!! Lol.
January 14th 07 03:38 PM
by Jim Go to last post
2 214
Silvercrest/Lidl SL65-T question by [email protected]
I have a small range of STBs as I live in a very poor reception area and keep trying different boxes trying to find one that works as well as my old Labgear used to. This works OKish but it is oddly limited, eg, there doesn't seem to be an all-channels EPG. One problem I find particulary irritating (and the purpose of this posting) is that when you switch it off with the remote control...
January 14th 07 02:47 PM
by jim Go to last post
3 222
Cheat DVD player into normal TV or Projector by David
I read in todays Daily Express abour HD DVD players Blu Ray and Toshiba system. What as interests me is the Cheat HD DVD players that are mentioned useing present DVDs into HD Tv sets. Not having an HD ready plasma/lcd the question is will these Cheat HD players give any improvement via scart conection to normal TV sets? Also into my Video projector useing its component 3 phonos? --...
January 14th 07 02:42 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
4 264
Post New Thread