Post New Thread
Picture in background by the_constructor
When playing a video on the VHS machine or a DVD I always get a feint picture in the background. I was advised today to cut the wire to pin 19 in all the scart plugs to cure it. Is this right....? What does pin 19 do .....? -- the_constructor
January 19th 07 12:15 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
6 275
DAT 75 DIY aerial kit by Informer
Wonder how long this will stay up before a big wind knocks it down. http://www.london-satellite.co.uk/store/proddetail.asp?prod=DIYDAT75&cat=16
January 18th 07 06:16 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 321
Judge John Deed by [email protected]
Judge John Deed, Tuesday BBC1, viewed via DTT and CRT. (Pace Twin recording, only just watched it). What have they done to the picture? To my eyes, the blur during motion is now half way to the horrible effect plastered on Torchwood. Does anyone else notice something strange on JJD? Almost like a bad filmic effect, whereas previously it looked like, er, real film!
January 18th 07 04:24 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 292
Aluminium or steel mast? by Informer
I will be fitting a new aerial soon, which is a little heavy and will be using a 6ft by 2-inch pole on a T & K bracket. I have a choice of using an aluminium or a steel pole. As I will be buying the pole from an aerial supplier I guess the pole would be stainless steel, as would not a plain steel pole rust? Anyway are there any advantages with using a particular type.
January 18th 07 11:44 AM
by David Wade Go to last post
8 1,344
London TV Studios Website by Ashley Booth
I don't remember this site being mentioned before but it's full of interesting info on many London studios, past and present. http://www.tvstudiohistory.co.uk/index.htm -- Ashley For Windsor Weather see www.snglinks.com/wx
January 18th 07 11:10 AM
by Capt Jack Sparrow Go to last post
3 315
Recording problems with C4 and E4 using BT vision by speckled hen
Hi Has any one had problems recording C4 or E4, just recently got BT Vision and it does not appear to want to record. I have heard that it maynot be a problem with the Vision box but could be a problem with the way C4 deliver the signal. It does not appear to happen on all transmitters. It also affects sky plus receivers. Any one else had/heard of this problem? thanks
January 18th 07 07:28 AM
by speckled hen Go to last post
0 287
Horizontal or vertical by Tracy
Hi where I live I would get digital tv from the Angus transmitter and according to http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage_retailer.pl?postcode=ph2+9rf the aerial should be horizontally aligned and yet I have noticed that some of my neighbours aerials are vertically aligned. This is possibly because they were previously getting analogue from Perth which is vertically aligned. The aerials...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 18th 07 01:33 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
20 2,464
Bit ot - side kick returns by Heavyhorses
The puppet that advertised itv-digital in its dieing days as returned to the TV, this time advertising PG tea. He even manages to poke fun at itv in the advert ;-) low band width link http://www.pgtips.co.uk/video/returnSmWmv.htm high band width link http://www.pgtips.co.uk/video/returnLgWmv.htm still trying to work out what Carol Decors got to do with it ?????
January 17th 07 11:39 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
5 323
TV recording woes........... by NickW
Hello people, I have a problem st home. I have purchased a new Toshiba 32" HDTV with built in freeview tuner. All is well and here is my setup: TV Scart socket 1 ----------- Scarted to 'in' on HDD/DVD recorder - to view TV's built in freeview. TV Scart socket 2 ----------- Scarted to 'out' on HDD/DVD recorder - to view DVD/HDD playback.
January 17th 07 07:32 PM
by JW Go to last post
8 359
NTL Remote Not Working by red3y3
hi my NTL remote has suddenly stopped working, all was well last night. when i press any button the light at the top of the remote flashes red when usually it flashes green. i have reset the remote by press the the star button and the settings button at the same time and entering 000 then pressing select to set the remote back to factory settings and when doing this the light does flash green...
January 17th 07 07:06 PM
by red3y3 Go to last post
4 360
Digital TV Amplifier question by -
Can someone calrify something for me. I'm looking at different amplifiers according to the maximum outputs, and there are varying figures depending on which of the following applies. DIN 45004B 60dB 1MA 3 DIN 45004A1 60dB 1MA 2
January 17th 07 06:08 PM
by - Go to last post
0 233
How to transfer from Sky to mp3? by John Jones
Hi...Is there a way to transfer a radio program, directly or from saved to hard drive on Sky+, to mp3? Thanks. John
January 17th 07 05:50 PM
by John Jones Go to last post
7 383
Rigger recommendation in or near Chippenham Wiltshire? by Rob Horton
I'm getting some odd noises from my aerial system, DAT75 on a long pole, when the wind is blowing strongly. The rigger I originally used had an accident a few years ago and now doesn't go up ladders. I am now reduced to picking something at random from the phone directory. Obviously any advert that shows a picture of a circular, omni directional FM aerial will automatically be...
January 17th 07 05:17 PM
by Gendy Go to last post
1 281
Connecting a DVD player to a non-SCART TV using Humax MG-TU1 freeview decoder by [email protected]
My mother has an old Bush TV that has no SCART socket. She has a Humax MG-TU1 freeview decoder that has a modulator and RF output so that she can watch digital channels. She wants to connect a Sony DVD player. The DVD player has both SCART and RCA connectors. The Humax freeview box has two SCART sockets - one for a TV and one for a VCR or DVD. She tried connecting the VCR/DVD SCART socket to the...
January 17th 07 08:24 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
5 440
terrestrial microwave transmissions by Bill Wright
Troubled as I am of late by terrestrial signals in ku band causing problems with satellite distribution systems, I wonder if anyone here has any info on the usage of these frequencies. I seems to be seeing great lumps of what I assume is data running across the lower half of the band. It can wipe out satellite reception. 10 to 12 GHz is the area of interest. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 07 12:58 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
15 525
DVR recommendations for tivo user by Adds
Hello, For the last 5 or 6 years, I've been using a TiVo in conjunction with Sky. It's always worked very well (with the exception of the very occasional errors when the TiVo attempts to change the Sky channel via the IR blaster thing). However, I'm on a bit of a cost-cutting exercise at the moment, and this means switching from Sky to Freeview. It also means getting rid of the TiVo, as,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 07 12:15 AM
by Ashley Booth Go to last post
13 750
BBC News 24 newspaper review by
Is there anywhere online to view it?
January 16th 07 11:27 PM
by Go to last post
0 366
New Installation Advice/Comments by Kevin
Here is my proposed installation, and I would appreciate any feedback. I live in Milton Keynes and I need a system for analogue, Freeview and FM for multiple rooms throughout the house. I will be pointing at Sandy Heath (http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=SP838354) External aerials: UHF- Blake DMX10WB FM Blake 3 element
January 16th 07 10:52 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
2 1,311
Which direction to point aerial based on Postcode? by Fred
Is there a website into which you can type a postcode and it will let you know which transmitter to point the aerial to, giving a compass bearing from that postcode? Many thanks
January 16th 07 09:07 PM
by ronald Go to last post
7 40,251
HD Petition for UK DTT by Mark Carver
This has been posted in another group I subscribe to. There is a petition regarding Ofcom's plans to auction the spectrum made available after DSO. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/openhdtv/ There is also an opportunity to respond to the DDR (Digital Dividend Review) proposal by using the on-line form found he
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 16th 07 08:54 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
21 1,135