Post New Thread
Remote control question by Peter
Would a Topline 8 control a Toshiba DVD/VCR recorder as well as a Toshiba Digital TV ?? as well as a Panasonic Sky box Apologies if this is wrong newsgroup I am a loss as to which is the correct one Thanks Pete
January 23rd 07 01:15 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 212
Sony VTX-D800U Software Updarte by mlv
Does anyone know why Sony have cancelled the scheduled software update for their VTX-D800U Freeview box? Was this to have been a repeat transmission of the current V1.14.02u software version, or a software update? Source: http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl -- Mike -Please remove 'safetycatch' from e-mail address before firing off your
January 22nd 07 03:51 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 477
Freeview problem in Leicester by alexander.keys1
I just got a Freeview box, after I autoscanned, it found all the available channels, and produces on-screen displays as normal. However there is no picture or sound, I phoned BBC information and they told me to reboot it, which I did but that made no difference, so I phoned them again and they claimed there was no problem at their end, the box must be faulty. As it is generating the on-screen...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 07 01:49 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
16 1,037
for your delectation and delight by Bill Wright
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/RealBillWright/20thJan07 The pictures were taken today. Run the slide show (set the time to about 10 secs) and read the captions. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 07 11:00 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
10 536
why T & K brackets and not k & K brackets? by Rob Horton
As the subject describes, surely this would be a stronger mounting system and eliminates the eternal question, does the K go up the top or the bottom. I would suggest it goes up the top since this is the pivoting point and so needs to be strongest. The T placed lower down provides a force opposite to that produced by the wind acting on the aerial.
January 22nd 07 01:04 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 455
Backing Tracks by Chas Gill
Hi Russ, April Cabaret: When you have a minute, could you send me a couple of MP3s, please? Islands in the Stream and Vaults of Heaven (as done in The Way We Were - in Pat Rumble's key). Cheers.............. Chas
January 22nd 07 12:42 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 236
Freeview and DVD recorder by Simon
Sorry if this has been asked before, I glanced through the postings but couldn't find anything that helps. I want to watch Freeview through my DVD recorder and record Freeview to my hard drive. I have the following: aerial wall socket - Freeview box Freeview box - DVD recorder DVD recorder - TV
January 22nd 07 12:41 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 351
Currys 'Digitally Accredited Advisors' by Ian Jackson
Heard on 'You and Yours' today (BBC Radio 4), during an item about poor quality on flat-screen TVs... Currys have just trained 5000 'Digitally Accredited Advisors'. Wow!! Ian. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 07 09:55 PM
by Chris Go to last post
24 1,117
Aerial Downed in recent high winds by GrahamW
How about this for a sad picture :- http://www.grahamwoodhouse.me.uk/AerialDown01.jpg It fell like a tree - just missing my windows. In fact one of the elements actually brushed the window leaving a black rubber mark ! It seems to have snapped just above the higher bracket :- http://www.grahamwoodhouse.me.uk/AerialDown02.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 07 08:46 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
15 570
Sony RDR HXD860S Signal Strength/Quality? by Trumpeter
Severe blocking of picture and sound drop outs lately (high winds?), mainly Channels 4 and 5. Picture via TV tuner is ok. Recorder has displays showing Signal Strength and Signal Quality. On Channels 4 and 5, Signal Strength shows maximum level and "Good," whilst Signal Quality varies between "Good" and "Poor."
January 21st 07 06:22 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 206
Apartment rent help by [email protected]
Hallo , I'm in the process of moving to London for studying , Im going to relocate early February and stay there until June . Wondering if any member of this group knows of a good economical rental apartments, like a furniture flat with one or two bedroom in London in one of the following areas : NW3, NW2, NW6, NW8 or NW11. ? please any one can help me in this by anyway conact me on my email:...
January 21st 07 10:33 AM
by Keith W Go to last post
2 194
My DAT45 by Marky P
Further to the post on DAT75's, here's my DAT45 that I left on my dad's house after I left home 18 months ago. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2007_0120DAT450001.jpg Used to have DAB & FM aerial on there & also had a rotator with a 12 element DAB aerial a few years back. This aerial serves the 3 house tellys with no amplification. Marky P.
January 21st 07 08:06 AM
by charles Go to last post
5 289
Petition to PM against logo's on TV stations by David
After signing the petition highlighted by Mark I looked through some of the others and found this one of great interest to many of us. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TVlogos/ -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 07 01:28 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
27 827
NTL surround sound receiver connection? by Alan Davies
I bought a surround sound receiver but I now realise that the Samsung NTL box has no audio out sockets of any kind. Seems pretty poor to me. How can I use a surround sound receiver with NTL? Is it possible to connect the surround sound decoder/receiver to just the left and right out sockets on the television? Will this basic left/right stereo signal from the television allow for a surround...
January 21st 07 12:16 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
1 224
Sony KDL-15G2000U + RDR-HXD860 by ah
I am planning on buying toses two elements and I have 2 dumb questions: 1. Will I need a separate piece of software to convert my old VHS tapes into digital (I still have my old combi telly + VHS) or can I convert them just by connecting the 2 devices together? 2. Can I put the telly on top of the DVD recorder, I mean is it strong enough to bear the weight and won't it get too hot after a...
January 20th 07 08:58 PM
by ah Go to last post
2 242
SCART ribbon leads by Dave Plowman (News)
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum length is 0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I could squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use the correct one. -- *The colder the X-ray...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 07 08:38 PM
by Mark Fraser (News) Go to last post
14 513
Macrovision remover scart cable by Mike108
My macrovision remover scart cable (from KTVision) does not work well with my new Panasonic DMR-EX95V (combi hard drive, dvd & vhs recorder). The lead is connected out from my Sky digibox and into the recorder. When watching, (not even recording) (for eg) BBC1 sports today the image would flicker when football results were displayed. Or certain adverts will cause the screen to flicker. No problem...
January 20th 07 08:08 PM
by Alan Go to last post
1 1,189
Joining up two aerials by Ed Rear
I have aTeleves DAT45 aerial feeding my freeview box. Reception is excellent on the BBC channels, but on ITV sometimes the picture breaks up. I have a smaller aerial on the mast fitted below the DAT45, which is not now in use. Would it be possible/beneficial to connect the two aerials into one downlead?
January 20th 07 07:39 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 438
Who owns CH4 by David
A lot of fuss these days about CH4, particulary by the government, but isn't it the goverment that owns CH4? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
January 20th 07 04:18 PM
by Mizter T Go to last post
9 760
1984 Miami Vice by [email protected]
Styled differed from earlier police shows, Miami Vice got the revolutionary aspects reflecting the more glitzy and gritty feel of 1980's new Wave culture. Phil Collins, Glen Frey Peter Gabriel, U2 and more artists' music added dramatical background to the show made specially for MTV audience, the lyrics and tempo contributes to the storyline showing character's images, emotions and energies.Miami...
January 20th 07 04:15 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 243
Post New Thread