Post New Thread
TV Over The Internet by Kulgan
Hi All My brother is living in student house with very poor reception (an no realistic way of improving it for all sorts of complicated reasons). Is there any way of watching Freeview or even analogue TV over an Internet connection rather than an aerial? Thanks, Kulgan.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 07 05:09 PM
by Robert Wilson Go to last post
10 453
Do LCD screens wear out? by Lucid
I notice that my LCD TV appears to be backlit by a flourescent light system. Is this true ? Strange effect too, the front of the screen gives off heat, not a lot. Also, do they wear out eventually, either the lighting system, or the screen ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 07 05:01 PM
by charles Go to last post
29 1,047
panasonic dmre20d by darren anderson
Hey all have a panasonic combined dvd/digibox worked fine till last weekend when lost all freeview channels. first thought aerial come down again but only looked a bit bent. anyway when i do rescan only pics up analogue signal badly at that. Have another digibox in dining room which works fine on same connection. so apart from the obvious "its kna****d" any other ideas..... chears in...
January 30th 07 04:34 PM
by harry Go to last post
2 250
Aspect Ratio....? by ADVID
I've got a 32" widescreen TV.... When viewing BBC1 / 2, ITV and CH4. (can't get ch.5) in analogue mode via my loft aerial the aspect ration of my screen is perfect. (a round circle is a round circle). Since getting SKY - my picture is losing a bit from both top and bottom and a circle is now oval. I still always watch BBC/ITV in analogue because this stretching annoys me.... Faces are...
January 30th 07 01:28 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 259
Freeview / HD DVD connection problems by Westy1975
Sorry if this has been asked before. Just bought a Pioneer DVR-440HX-S HDD DVD recorders (one with built in freeview). I have a TV (2 scart plugs), Sky Digibox (2 scarts) and the DVD player (also 2 scart plugs). I have connected the above as per the manual, but when I try to complete the setup the system is not registering any TV channels. We don't use our analogue arial as the reception is...
January 30th 07 10:25 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
3 754
Arial not picking up any freeview channels by Chris
Hi, I have just moved into my new house and have noticed that the house has been connected to NTL cable. There is a normal arial in the loft which I have chased down to the living room. Where the arial cable should come out in the living room there is a small NTL box on the wall which is connected to an old-style NTL cable box which has a COAX connector coming out of it. When I attach...
January 29th 07 04:26 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
8 411
BBC R&D: 48 Mbps DVB-T using MIMO by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp-pdf-files/WHP144.pdf We'd all need new aerials and set-top boxes (we'd need new set-top boxes if we want HDTV anyway), but by transmitting independent signals from 2 transmitters, with one signal having vertical polarisation and the other having horizontal polarisation, and having a dual-polarisation receiving aerial (i.e. a 2x2 MIMO system), BBC R&D has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 07 04:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 440
Help wiring Panasonic- TX32LxD60 by David
Yesturday I collected one of these 32" LCD TVs for an older friend, of course they wished me to unpack and install. It has Freeview built in. They have an LG VCR, cheap? An NTL cable box. ( The previous TV was anologue only.) I was surprised the Freeview was better than the cable, anyway that's not the piont of the post.
January 29th 07 11:54 AM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
3 238
Backing up Hard Drive in DVD player by Martin S Taylor
Hi: The hard drive in my Panasonic DVD player is showing signs that it may be on the way out (it's started 'Self-testing' for up to five minutes before it will let me view it). Were this the hard drive on my computer, I'd be backing it up like crazy; what's the recommended action with the hard drive in a DVD player? I don't fancy putting 80 hours of movies onto DVDs.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 07 11:47 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
13 533
Recording Freeview on IDTV to DVD Recorder by [email protected]
Hi, I note from your discussions that it is possible to record Freeview channels such as ITV2 etc if you set up a separate channel AV1 or AV2, Scart etc and use the digital decoder in the TV but then you can not watch other channels at the same time, what will happen in the future when Analoge TV ends will this mean the end of watching one channel whilst recording another as we all do now,...
January 28th 07 04:38 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
3 231
Bedroom TV by Mel
Can anyone recommend a decent but cheap LCD or Plasma for a bedroom. Something around say 23" or larger. Does not have to be HD ready although would be nice. Have googled around but there are so many. Just looking for some decent recommendations. TIA
January 28th 07 04:15 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
1 193
Humax 9200T menu question by John Hatpin
Any other Hummy users come across this? Sometimes, when I go into the menu and select 'Record', and get the usual options ... 1 Recorded Programme 2 Recording Schedule 3 MP3 4 Digital Album 5 HDD Control
January 28th 07 01:09 PM
by John Hatpin Go to last post
3 221
Recording Freeview on IDTV to DVD Recorder by [email protected]
Hi, I note from your discussions that it is possible to record Freeview channels such as ITV2 etc if you set up a separate channel AV1 or AV2, Scart etc and use the digital decoder in the TV but then you can not watch other channels at the same time, what will happen in the future when Analoge TV ends will this mean the end of watching one channel whilst recording another as we all do now,...
January 28th 07 11:07 AM
by Prometheus Go to last post
2 181
RSS Toppy by housetrained
Hi, Anyone used the Toppy RSS download? What's it like? -- John
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 07 10:07 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
41 858
Top Up TV Anytime Issues by John Porcella
I received this e-mail regarding some of the issues currently affecting the TUTV Anytime DTR. Might be of interest to those that have one... Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your email. As you may be aware, the Top Up TV Anytime DTR is currently experiencing a number of small issues that are affecting the service.
January 28th 07 09:59 AM
by Bob Geddes Go to last post
1 335
Why no SCART recording with a PVR by Steve Thackery
In a reply to a question on tech.tv.sky I realised I didn't really understand why none of the current generation of hard disk based PVRs will record from their SCART inputs. Only the ones which also have a DVD drive (and cost at least twice as much) will do so. Can someone explain why? What has the presence of a DVD drive got to do with it, when we're talking about recording from SCART to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 07 01:34 AM
by Tony Go to last post
11 1,196
scart switching blanks video signal by josh
First, apologies if this question has been answered already on this newsgroup somewhere. I have three scart imputs in the back of my TV but four outputs from boxes. I bought a two-input switchable junction box from Maplin, plugged cables from Sky box and DVD recorder into it , and plugged the output cable into the TV. Problem sorted, I thought naively. With signals coming from two sources...
January 27th 07 09:18 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
3 247
Selecting a LCD TV by Blair
I am at the stage when I require to replace my TV and have been looking at the various web sites and am now suffering from information overload. It looks like that most sets are now HD ready although unless I go to Sky I cannot receive for some time. At present in our area I still cannot receive Freeview. I don't want a very large TV - approx 20-23ins. I would like a set with freeview built...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 07 08:57 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
19 447
Analogue tuners and their future by Marky P
Just a thought. Surely there will be a place for analogue tuners in tellys long after switch over due to people having RF pumped around their houses from Sky boxes & videos etc. Do you think they will still make TV's with analogue tuners in after switch over for this purpose? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 07 08:30 PM
by Peter Hayes Go to last post
20 861
Off topic: VHF FM radio aerials by Bill Wright
For many years, since the introduction of mixed polarisation FM broadcasts, I have favoured a simple vertical dipole for general purpose applications. The days of co-sited FM transmitters are long gone. Although I would prefer a genuine omni pattern, I usually have to accept that there will be a mast a quarter wave away from the dipole, so the pattern will be cardiod. It doesn't matter....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 07 01:28 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
24 1,376