Post New Thread
TOT Dublin by Bill Wright
I know some of you lot get about a bit, so does anyone know of any good pubs in Dublin? I mean proper pubs used by the locals, with music and that, not touristy places. Also, does anyone have any ideas for any good entertainments in Dublin? Bill
February 7th 07 07:08 PM
by James Go to last post
5 311
Sony TV and Panasonic DVD by Rosie
I've just bought a Sony Bravia 26" TV and set it up with a Panasonic DVD recorder - DMR-E50, which has worked fine since 2003. I now find I can only play DVD's but cannot use time recording, only direct. Panasonic have told me I should buy a compatible DVD recorder. Is this the only way round the problem? Rosie
February 7th 07 04:37 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
6 360
What is the "dog"? by Alan
In message , T. Fink wrote It's maybe a stupid question, but what exactly is the "dog" people write so often about here in this group? It's that very helpful logo that appears on the corner of the screen to remind you which channel you are watching. With so many channels it is an essential part of your viewing experience.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 07 04:10 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
23 670
Old digital viewers by
What are they going to do as from next year when the analogue signal begins to get switched off? You can send as many leaflets as you like to people explaining the change - you can even get someone to visit them, but when someone lives in a communal housing court with only a shared arial between the individual houses - how are these people going to get digital tv? You can get Freeview...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 07 03:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
81 1,853
Sony TV - correct model numbers by Mister Nobody
Here are the right model numbers which I need to compare; sorry for the earlier confusion. Compare and contrast the following please: KDL46S2010U KDL46S2030U KDL46V2000U I thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 07 12:11 AM
by Mister Nobody Go to last post
13 477
Log Periodic question by Marky P
Hi, Is installing a log periodic aerial as easy as a standard yagi? My dad's neighbours need a new aerial, and I was thinking of a log periodic as it needs to be wideband. Signal strength is good (9 miles from Sandy Heath) so gain shouldn't be a problem. CPC have a few, but which is the best to go for? The Antiference is the cheapest at 7.38 (exc VAT). Is that ok? Others include Blake,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 07 11:47 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
13 588
What is the "dog"? by [email protected]
On Jan 23, 11:03 am, "T. Fink" wrote: It's maybe a stupid question, but what exactly is the "dog" people write so often about here in this group? Cheers Torsten -- Freedom for Tibet!http://www.tibet.com/
February 6th 07 10:07 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
9 320
Urgent Action Needed to help Millions of Laboratory Animals by TONY_GALL
Tony Nottingham England 4 February 2007 TO: All People Who Care I am a private individual posting this message to help Laboratory Animals.
February 6th 07 09:52 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
7 275
Sound dropping out by Tim Hall
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal Palace via a Ferguson STB. The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is it my STB or CP? Tim
February 6th 07 09:52 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
8 390
Old Widescreen TV by gbh
My elderly neighbours have an old Panasonic analogue widescreen TV - I don't know its model number but it was one of the first available. It appears, from what they say, that there is no way of controlling picture zoom. It is always scretched. Does anybody know if what they believe is actually correct? Is there a way of adjusting sets like this? Indeed were any widescreen TVs produced which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 07 09:52 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
32 947
DVi Component by MG
I need to know how i would get a component cable, into a DVi port, the DVi is HDCP, I need it to be able to support HD signals. A convertor or switch box, anything!
February 6th 07 03:11 PM
by Ian_m Go to last post
9 302
colour depth on Toshiba 32wtl66? by bugbear
I've got one of these... http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/products.nsf/pages/lcdplasma-lcdfreeview-32wlt66?opendocument But when watching some images with smooth vignettes, like sunlight under water, or the UKTV History inter-programmme logo (moving shades of green) I can see quite severe "posterisation". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posterization
February 6th 07 11:23 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
5 302
sony kd-28dx40u freeview programs by gull991
Hi I have a sony triniton kd-28dx40u tv with freeview built in. this has been working fine for the past few years. I did an autoscan to update my freeview channels and although it finds them all, it will only store the first 99 channels so i cant access the later channels, eg radio stations ect. it used to store everything ok until i did thid recent autoscan. any ideas on how to get it to...
February 6th 07 10:20 AM
by Steve Hayes Go to last post
3 336
Why Humax 8100 Leaves Favorites? by Davy
Quite often when I switch on my Humax 8100 I find that it no longer is displaying my favourite channels but displays all channels found. I have to go to the channel listing and reset it to display my favourites. Anybody any idea why this should happen. thanks Davy
February 5th 07 06:47 PM
by Davy Go to last post
0 273
Humax 9200 by [email protected]
I have 2 questions.... 1) I would like to record the same programme each week on the same channel, but it is at different times..... Can I do this with the Humax. I can see how I can record at the same time each day, week, etc, but.... 2) Even with the Humax up to it's loudest setting, it is not as loud as when I switch off the Humax and watch analog tv. Plus, if I try and turn up the tv sound...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 07 04:10 PM
by alansd Go to last post
10 616
Panasonic TU-CT20 by Trebizond
Panasonic have a provisional booking for a new software download for the TU-CT20 of the early version of this box currently running DCB_1.15 on the Monday 5th February at 10.00am until Wednesday 7th February at 9.00am.This is DCB_1.19 The rest of that week is a repeat of DCB_A_1.19 for the later versions of the TU-CT20. http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl
February 5th 07 10:50 AM
by Horovan Go to last post
4 934
Sensitive DVB-T recording cards? by Ian Rawlings
Wotcher all. I've got a PVR box (MythTV) currently recording analogue TV as best as it can from the rotten signal I get here in Dorset. I can just about scrape a digital signal out of the brand-new digital installation I've had put in, although if they can't make it better than it is I'll be getting them to take it all away soon. In order to make it useful, I need to be able to get my PVR box...
February 5th 07 08:47 AM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
2 198
elementary electronics by Bill Wright
I have been asked by a young person if I have any books I can loan him that will help him gain a knowledge of elementary electronics. I have few such books, but then I thought of t'internet. Can anyone suggest a tutorial-type thing he could work his way through? What he needs to know, I think, is, in no particular order: -- what is AC and what is DC? -- batteries -- ohm's law -- how to work...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 07 12:48 AM
by Keith W Go to last post
23 1,014
Sony LCD confusion by Mister Nobody
Could somebody please enlighten me on the distinction between these Sony 46" LCD models please? KDL46S2010U KDL46V2000U KDL46W2000U Apart from the fact that the latter supports 1080p (?just how necessary), it's not at all obvious. Thanks.
February 4th 07 11:31 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
3 217
New aerials on flats in Hemel Hempstead by Marky P
Went through Hemel in Herts today & noticed that most of the blocks of flats there had new aerial installations including a high gain aerial (pointing at CP), FM halos, DAB dipoles & SAt dishes! Every block scattered around the town had exactly the same install. They look to me like council/housing association dwellings, so they probably got them all done for a bulk price or something. Marky P.
February 4th 07 11:13 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
6 266
Post New Thread