Post New Thread
Kettle deposits by Sid.
+ACI-Woody+ACI- +ADw-harrogate3+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message news:n2hccr+ACQ-e2d+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- +AD4- +ACI-Norman Wells+ACI- +ADw-hex+AEA-unseen.ac.am+AD4- wrote in message +AD4- news:db1qbdFd2aiU1+AEA-mid.individual.net... +AD4APg- +ACI-Woody+ACI- +ADw-harrogate3+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message +AD4APg-...
November 18th 15 07:30 AM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 185
Coloured stripes by Norman Rowing[_2_]
Just what are those multi colour stripes I get when I shine a torch on the tv when it's turned off?
November 18th 15 07:14 AM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
4 222
Angry
Midhurst transmitter issues by HMCQ3Man
Anyone else on the Midhurst transmitter experiencing regular picture breakup? I'm located in the Northwest area of Horsham and have had the problem for maybe the last few months. Appears to be happening at any time of the day, in all weathers with no particular commonality. Thanks for any and all responses.
November 17th 15 03:40 PM
by HMCQ3Man Go to last post
0 369
What's the use of "catch up" on smart devices ... by tim.....
.... If they don't offer all of the programs available Note that I'm not referring to them only offering a limited choice of catch up services, I'm referring to them "cherry picking" the programs that they offer from a service that they do provide. I missed a prog that I wanted to record last week due to a clash and I thought "now I have my smart box hooked up to my new wifi, I can see it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 15 09:54 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
47 799
Wobbly reception. by Brian-Gaff
In the last week or so, I've noticed that some stations will go No signal check your aerial for no apparent reason. The aerial should be ok its in the loft and pointed at Crystal Palace which is line of sight from here. as was mentioned in another thread, this is very unusual, and seems to be caused by something desensitising the tuner, as often you can get reception back by merely...
November 16th 15 04:57 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 235
Reception at 51.5882N 0.6243E by Geoff Clare
Having seen Woody's pointer to www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/AudioVisualTV/TerrestrialTV/TerrestrialCalculator.php in another thread, I decided to put in the lat and long (see subject) for a house I'm buying. The signal profile doesn't look good to me for both Crystal Palace and Sudbury, but I've never seen one before so maybe I'm wrong. Can those more familiar with them comment? The house has...
November 16th 15 09:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 328
Petty annoyance by pinnerite
My wife gets me to set up for future recordings on our PVR. It is a purpose built home build. So basically a microcompter. We're about to go to visit our kids abroad so you can image our excitement when we received a notice this morning that the power is scheduled to be cut while improvements are made to the delivery network, the day after we leave. The router will automatically reboot but...
November 16th 15 01:22 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
9 400
Channel 601 red button by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know whether the first ELO showing on the channel the other day was in fact truly live? I ask as I recorded it and heard a distinct glitch in the first song about three quarters of the way though. However since I wanted to keep theaudio version of it, I let it run through the first track again, no glitch. I guess I'm asking if anyone else noticed it, which would be right if...
November 14th 15 09:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 250
The wit and wisdom of Willybob, aged nearly three by Sid.
+ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:n24f8q+ACQ-3g4+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- Well, I understand that women over there do have more hair in places +AD4- where it is unfashionable over here. Apparently not in Brazil, although they speak portugese.
November 14th 15 08:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 201
lnb: quad or quattro? by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I've bought a freesat box that also records, so ideally it needs two inputs. If I am going to go up a ladder, I would rather only do it once so thought about future-proofing with a couple of spares. Now is it best to go down the quattro route, so I never need to climb my ladder again, or would you recommend I go with quad or octo lnbs instead, any why? Are octos as good as a single...
November 13th 15 06:25 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
7 327
The wit and wisdom of Willybob, aged nearly three by Bill Wright[_3_]
William shouted 'moustache' today at another child's Portuguese grandma. Bill
November 13th 15 09:54 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 219
Sony to stop making Betamax tapes by Sid.
http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/sony-says-it-will-stop-producing-its-betamax-tapes-in-march/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 15 03:45 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
11 362
Viera keeps updating by Norman Rowing[_2_]
Almost every time I turn the set on it gives me a 'new channels available' message. It's getting boring the amount of time it is doing it. Occasionally it won't do it and again it might go weeks without doing it. It's asked 4 times today to install new channels when I have turned the set on but I can't see any new channels despite going through the routine. Are these genuine updates or is...
November 11th 15 02:56 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 204
Freeview signal has occassionally short breaks by Maurice[_3_]
We - and neighbour - have experienced occasional short breaks (3-5 secs) in the signal recently. (We are tuned into Midhurst; they Midhurst or Guildford). Anyone any clues on what is going on, please? (We normally use Freesat, but use TV's Freeview tuner when recording 2 channels on Freesat.)
November 11th 15 02:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
6 286
Countryfile by Davey
Countryfile yesterday showed a segment on the attempt to excavate a Spitfire from the ground, but got as far as showing some small parts and the tip of the propeller, before the dig was halted due to finding a piece of bone. But the programme never said how far the dig went after that, it was like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Did it never restart after that, or did they dig up the fuselage...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 10th 15 08:37 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 579
Simple TV remote like Weemote X by Pete Forman[_2_]
I'm looking for a simple TV remote for an aged relative. It should have four or so presets, power and volume but little else. The Fobis Weemote X looks pretty much ideal but does not seem to be readily available in the UK. There seem to be simpler sticks available with no presets but they seem unsuitable. They have channel up/down buttons which presumably allow the user to get lost in the scores...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 15 07:51 PM
by Pete Forman[_2_] Go to last post
10 481
How is this done? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Most of the SD TV channels on 11,566H 13E have a moving caption at the top of the screen. It's hard to read because the top of the letters is off the top of the picture but it appears to be notification of a change of transponder. The font is a thin monospaced 'typewriter' one. What interests me is how this banner is placed at the top of the picture of a wide range of channels which...
November 9th 15 01:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
4 241
How to shoot youself in the foot... by [email protected]
Following the discussion of programimg languages up there this seems appropriate. The link wasposted by DaveG in another group. http://howto-pages.org/shootfoot.php Hope it's of interest. -- Pete
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 15 09:28 AM
by NY Go to last post
51 799
Whatever happened to 4G interference? by Tweed[_3_]
When the 4G 800 MHz allocations were made a while back, there was much prediction of doom for TV reception in certain areas. I recall there being much debate about how inadequate the filters might be and how it would all never work. Given the silence since, I presume the end of TV reception did not come to pass?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 15 08:04 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
74 995
Temporary 'screen burn' on Panny LCD? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
I've got a relatively (2 years?) recent Panasonic TV but recently I've noticed that if I look at the EPG, and then switch back to the channel, I can still see the EPG 'burnt' onto the screen. After a while, this fades away but has anyone else seen this and know why? I would have thought that an LCD was driven from memory and once a new picture is written to memory, I should not be able to...
November 9th 15 07:49 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
4 227
Post New Thread