Post New Thread
Blake LP downlead by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. The blake LP aerial has a short pre-installed co-ax tail, terminating in an F-connector, and a rubber boot. The general idea is you make up an F-connector on your downlead and make them up, covering the connection with the boot. Do people generally do this, or do they remove the tail and just install the downlead directly to the elements? It's easy to do this.
March 16th 07 07:58 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
5 258
Mast mounting - General Best Practices by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. I've got all the parts I need, and will make a start to this shortly. General Questions: 1) What order would you install these on the mast: ( this is my proposed order ) LP UHF ( End clamp ) 3-element FM ( Clamp is in the middle of the array, so the mast comes up through the middle of it )
March 16th 07 06:31 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 229
Local Vs Main Transmitters by Geoff Lane
Driving past an area of Hemel Hempstead (HP1) today I noticed the local Hemel transmitter. One house, close by, had a clear view of the Hemel transmitter and was probably within half a mile distance but had a TV aerial pointing in the opposite direction, almost certainly Crystal Palace. Why would someone choose or need a main transmitter over a local one if the local mast was very close.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 07 02:40 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
20 525
How do I lock my sat box signal by Alan
Hi Can anyone tell me how to get my sat box to lock it's signal as the box has lost it some how? What code do I need to do this? Help Please
March 16th 07 02:35 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
1 169
epg installation by [email protected]
I recently bought a new Sony LCD tv and a DVD recorder (Sony RDRHX525 ). I think I finally managed to get it hooked up correctly with the Skydigibox, however, the EPG doesn't work. I think I have tried everything but nothing comes through. Can anyone tell me how to install this? There seems to be conflicting info in the manual as well as at one point it says to use 'tuner' as source and at...
March 16th 07 01:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 219
Home Video Distribution by Simon Dobson
Hello all, A friend is after setting up a home video distribution system. Two sources, a multimedia PC tucked away upstairs along with a Sky+.. Three outputs; two plasma TV's & surround systems and a normal Hi-fi. Quality of the system is the most important, so sending everything about the place wirelessly or with RF would be a no-no :-)
March 16th 07 09:17 AM
by Lurch Go to last post
6 251
Another classy aerial install by fred
This pair of aerials is installed on two adjoining blocks of flats in Glasgow, probably housing association by the look. How could they get one right and one soooo wrong? http://i19.tinypic.com/2itlvmq.jpg http://i19.tinypic.com/2nrhgrd.jpg http://i16.tinypic.com/2s1oi2w.jpg First thoughts were that the correct aerial is for terrestrial and the other is an attempt at satellite or DX reception...
March 16th 07 01:53 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
4 219
How many DTT muxes after switchover? by DAB sounds worse than FM
The last time I read about this Ofcom was saying that there will be 8 DTT muxes after switchover instead of 6 now and they would all be using 64-QAM. Is this still the situation? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 07 01:43 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
12 629
Virgin threatens to sue Sky by Beck
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6421419.stm Do Virgin have a leg to stand on? I am not sure of the legal ramifications of all this but are Sky legally obliged to supply channels to other suppliers? Surely if Sky do not want them to have them then that is within their rights?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 15th 07 10:48 PM
by Keith W Go to last post
55 1,057
converting a wire aerial to proper coax socket by Marky P
Hi, I jus bought my dad a little CD/FM/DAB micro system, but I would like to connect it to a proper loft or outdoor mounted aerial. It only has a piece of wire hanging out of the back. I know I can just attach this wire to the centre conductor of some coax which would improve reception but is it possible to connect the braid to something, such as the negative speaker terminal to shield it. ...
March 15th 07 10:09 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
3 213
Toppy update by madge
Over the air update worked fine. In case anyone is counting I do not notice any differences. I was running 5.12.25. Were there any mind shattering changes that I should take note of?
March 15th 07 03:04 PM
by Nigel Whitfield Go to last post
1 198
an advanced body builder_stair climber. by [email protected]
The stair climber of HJ1101,HISUN brand ,is one of the body builders, which are used in aerobic training. We are the direct manufacturer in china. Specialty: 1, it is a full automatic intelligent controlling machine, you could preestablish your sport's object, and when it is on, you will catch the data about how long have you done the sport , the mountain height reached, the speed of moving ,...
March 15th 07 01:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 44
Capital Gold by Commander Gideon
I listen to Capital Gold on a satellite receiver (non Sky) and this morning I noticed it has disappeared from my presets,have they changed the frequency? Does anybody what the new tuning details are,I am not to technically minded I'm afraid!
March 15th 07 11:25 AM
by Commander Gideon Go to last post
2 169
Just had a new 32" LCD TV but?? by Ken
If I set the 4.3 mode the picture has black lines around it. The other options, on the remote zoom button, are zoom, full or subtitle but with no explanations, in the very poor manual. In these other modes the top and/or the bottom of the picture is cut off. I would of thought there would of been an auto setting but there is not. If I had bought a 26" set with 4.3 format I wouldn't of got...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 15th 07 06:09 AM
by Ken Go to last post
26 861
Grainy UHF output from Humax 9200 by Stone Free
For the last year I have had absolutely no problems with the UHF output, until yesterday. My Humax is connected to my TV through a SCART to S-Video lead as well as via RHF. It is also connected to my stereo through the RCA Stereo outputs. The aerial output of the Humax goes into my VCR and then from the VCR to the TV. When I am watching a film or decent drama series I prefer to use my...
March 14th 07 09:56 PM
by Mick G Go to last post
2 345
Type of scart lead? by Kirsty
We have just had digital TV installed, and we currently have the digibox connected to the video with one scart lead, then the video to the TV with another (the TV only has one scart socket). To watch DVDs we would need to unplug the video scart lead from the TV and plug in the one in that's attached to the DVD player instead. My husband is sure he remembers having a type of scart lead a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 07 09:30 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
14 1,042
"Sky Three, Sky News and Sky Sports News will disappear from digitalterrestrial" by Chris Vowles
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6343715.stm from this summer .... Sky Three, Sky News and Sky Sports News will disappear from digital terrestrial .... Just how many people have bought a freeview box mainly for Sky Sports News / Sky News / Sky Three, well they will be annoyed .....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 14th 07 09:26 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
45 1,086
ITV Play Is Currently Unavailable..... by Geoff
Lets hope this continues !!!!!!!!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 14th 07 10:46 AM
by David Taylor Go to last post
43 881
Download Unlimited Music, and Movies straight to your iPod! Spyware & Adware Free. by lilly
Get Instant Access to Unlimited Movies, TV Shows & Video Clips directly to your iPOD. Also access millions of music MP3s, CDs & DVDs and much much more. Convert your DVD collection and transfer it to your iPod, (including new releases). No download fees and no burn fees. Come check it out--- http://www.ipodmusicdownloads.150m.com Thanks:)
March 13th 07 09:43 PM
by Go to last post
1 167
Freeview Box - Dolby Digital out? by Slitheen
I have bought a new Freeview box, a Philips DTR210. On the box, it says it has a SPDIF Dolby Digital bitstream output....which is a coaxial output. It carries the Dolby Digital logo on the box too. But do any Freeview channels actually broadcast in Dolby? I was dubious of it to start with, and now I have connected it to my Dolby amp via coaxial, my suspicions are confirmed. It is just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 07 09:23 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
12 435