Post New Thread
New sports needed... by Brian-Gaff
I am not sporty by nature and not really am I going to watch it on tv. I actually think its a good thing that many sports are now going subscription tv. However, with the rise of programs like Strictly come panel beating and Candle making challengem are not the tv companies making up what are in fact new sports to counter the ones they are losing? What next? Naked camel racing fro Kewait or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 1st 15 08:08 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
20 404
Are we in the Wright group? by Brian-Gaff
Its just a statistical anomaly. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-) "R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message ...
December 1st 15 03:52 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
1 171
Upscaling by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've never thought much to the idea, but I must say my wife's new Humax Freeview box really does make SD programmes look good. It was however necessary to adjust the contrast and brightness on the telly. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 15 02:03 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
16 413
Right aerial for problem area by AnthonyL
This is a continuation from a posting I made in uk.d-i-y. Several folk in the area I've just moved into report regular reception problems - for the moment I've just hooked up and old and previously used aerial (vendor was on Virgin for his whole 11yrs). I am getting some channels, some break up at various times and some I don't get all but the aerial would have been from when Nottm was analogue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 1st 15 09:52 AM
by AnthonyL Go to last post
72 999
the dangers of insulating tape by Bill Wright[_3_]
I got a bit of tape stuck under my right boot, on the right side. Since I can't reach my feet these days unless I'm laid down I attempted to stand on the bit of tape that was sticking out with my left foot, in the hope of removing it. In order to do this I had to get my left foot to the right of my right foot. Now you know that Len Goodwin off Strictly? Well I'm not a bit like him. I ended...
November 30th 15 10:33 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 214
Stereo A/V Recorder by Davey
I am looking for Stereo Audio/Visual Recorder, like a Humax, but for line signals instead of TV antenna input. I looked at CCTV recorders, but they only seem to offer mono sound, but I am looking for a recorder to record the output from a PC or a VHS machine. I can use a long cable set and record on a DVD using the living room DVD/VHS recorder, but I would rather have a stand-alone device in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 29th 15 03:40 PM
by NY Go to last post
27 562
Ofcom announce 700 MHz Band plans by Mark Carver[_2_]
No great surprise, but DSO2 is coming and it's goodbye to UHF Chs 49-60 http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/700MHz/statement/700-mhz-statement.pdf -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply. --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 15 02:17 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
59 773
BBC Three to move online from February by Sid.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34932688
November 27th 15 02:15 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
4 336
Your CB handle by Bill Wright[_3_]
What was your CB handle? Mine was Pseudonym. Bill
November 27th 15 09:06 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 292
PVR (not) finding alternative by tim.....
My HDR1010, as per the freesat spec, offers to find me alternative showing of a prog if I try to set up a recording clash. It achieves this happily using the +1 channels for ITV and C4. But for 5, it fails completely to look at the +1 channel. weird tim
November 27th 15 12:02 AM
by Davey Go to last post
9 251
Measuring signal strength by AnthonyL
Someone pointed me to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-27867R-Digital-Signal-Strength/dp/B001GXQUNQ For casual and occasional use any views? -- AnthonyL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 26th 15 01:52 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
44 1,035
Jeckyl & Hyde not recording on Humax? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone else having this problem? Last week's (15th) was cancelled but showed up as a zero-length recording on my HDR-FOX T2 but this week's (22nd) also showed up as zero length. I used the FTP server to have a look in case it was the old 'BBC3/4 broken indexing' issue but there really was nothing there other than a minimal 'placeholder' file. Paul DS.
November 25th 15 05:20 PM
by Tim Jones[_2_] Go to last post
5 363
POOR INSTALLATION & SERVICE by Welly
Following is the text of a letter written by me on 16th November 2003. To date I have only received an acknowledgement stating that I would get a reply when all parties concerned had conferred. Am I unreasonable with either my original letter, or in thinking that I should have heard more by now? To: Skyforce Ltd
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 24th 15 07:21 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
20 664
Our future king is a cretin by Brian-Gaff
However of course if you believe the conspiracy theories, Diana was killed to stop her having amuslim child. I have no problem with Islam a rule. Its those who bring over their hate and ways they treat women that get my got. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
November 24th 15 01:28 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 163
Movies for Men (Freeview). by Ian Field
Where do they get all the crap movies?!!! Seriously wooden acting and Sherman tanks with Nazi crosses painted on the side..........................................
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 15 01:13 PM
by Norman Rowing[_2_] Go to last post
17 474
BBC HD channel by Scott[_2_]
I watched something last night recorded from the now defunct BBC HD channel. The picture quality seemed to me to be better. Is this just coincidence or has the bitrate of HD been reduced over the years?
November 23rd 15 02:13 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 248
BBC Three by Scott[_2_]
As a matter of interest, does anyone know when this channel will close as a terrestrial TV channel? I wonder what will happen to BBC Four. Will it become Two XTRA or some other manifestation?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 15 10:26 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
45 908
Sky Q launched by sintv[_2_]
Well finally the wait is over. Sky today have released details of their new Sky Q box. We always new Sky would have something good up their sleeve and they havn't disappointed us. This new set top box looks quite something with a whopping 12 tuners means you can record up to four channels simultaneously, while still watching a fifth channel live. So never again have you not enough space and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 15 11:50 AM
by Ian Go to last post
14 775
Potential BBC cuts by Sid.
+ACI-Jim Lesurf+ACI- +ADw-noise+AEA-audiomisc.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:5525846f39noise+AEA-audiomisc.co.uk... +AD4- In article +ADw-qipt4b1el3kaj4p9vsuebrd6qd4kpqoo8d+AEA-4ax.com+AD4-, Roderick Stewart +AD4- +ADw-rjfs+AEA-escapetime.myzen.co.uk+AD4- wrote: +AD4- +AD4APg- How about dumping everything that's done just as well if not better by +AD4APg- all the commercial channels, and...
November 20th 15 04:00 PM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 209
Can I fast-forward on BBC-iPlayer by Alaric
Somebody sent me a link to a BBC South programme on BBC i_Player. However, the news item appears shortly before the end of the programme. Is there any way that I can go fast-forward rather than have to watch it all from the start? Alaric.
November 19th 15 07:45 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
6 1,264
Post New Thread