Post New Thread
pull out the choke by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20151204_122603.jpg I never really expect this to work. This time it was a recurrence of a problem we had a few years ago: interference from a PSU in a CCTV camera housing getting back to the HDR and putting lines on the (analogue) outputs. It worked this time, almost perfectly. The interference went from very bad to scarcely visible. Fewer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 15 05:13 PM
by Mike Tomlinson[_2_] Go to last post
50 938
BBC iplayer Clutter by Mark Carver[_2_]
Just when you thought you were safe from clutter on BBC iplayer.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/b68236ef-01e2-41fd-a9f6-d3f7d3838510 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 12th 15 11:13 AM
by Davey Go to last post
40 684
What is this? by Woody[_5_]
Management went for No1's at 0430 this morning and looked at the clock on the bedroom PVR - as she usually does - a Humax HDR Fox-T2. However rather than showing the time as normal it was showing 'searching.' Is this looking for channel updates or the EPG - anyone know for certain rather than a guess? (I can guess all day long and still be wrong!)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 15 12:47 AM
by Davey Go to last post
12 398
freeview 100 by Brian-Gaff
OK what is this channel? The caption reads Freeview Inform or similar according to the voice inside, but it has no actual content. Is it text or what? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
December 11th 15 07:29 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 453
Red button on BBC1 HD by Andy Burns[_9_]
Got a pop-up on BBC1 HD while waiting for the dancing hippos to end during the regional news ... it linked to the usual digital text pages ... that didn't used to be there on HD did it?
December 11th 15 02:59 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
4 208
My long gone Granny by Brian-Gaff
I was reminded of this woman who used to live in Southfields in London during my childhood, mother to my father, deaf as a post but really quite sharp otherwise. Her TV was one of those that needed a liquid filled magnifier over the top and when we made our bi weekly pilgrimage to her house we had to sit and watch a very grainy slightly yellowy green Perry Como Show which of course was only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 10th 15 09:49 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
77 1,019
Duronic HDMI three way smart swith. by Peter Crosland
I recently bought one of these from Amazon marketplace. It is two inches square with an HDMI connector on each edge, three inputs and one output with a manual select button and a LED to indicate the selected input. It worked OK but no sound output. I tried three good quality HDMI leads but without success. The supplier is as puzzled as me. Helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Damn the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 15 11:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
19 373
Late 1960s TV distribution head-end by Bill Wright[_3_]
General view https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20151204_105305.jpg Note separate amplification for VHF. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20151204_105519.jpg Triplexer for BI, II, and III. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20151204_105456.jpg
December 9th 15 12:01 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
4 302
12 volt Freeview DVR recommendation sought. by Graham.[_12_]
A house-guest is asking what's available for his caravan. Bill? Anyone? -- Graham.
December 8th 15 08:18 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 217
OT The Forth Bridge by Bill Wright[_3_]
I think they're over reacting! Just because of a few cracks in the metalwork they've closed the bridge. I sometimes look at a newsgroup populated mostly by Russian engineers. One person, a senior female engineer called Slapabitta Ameritonit (you might have heard of her because in a previous life she represented the USSR for weight lifting in the 1964 Los Angeles Olympics) said that they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 7th 15 10:16 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
108 1,857
FM radio interference by NY
What sort of factors can cause poor FM radio reception in one room in a house but not in another a few yards away? It seems to be weak signal interference, in that there is a lot of crackly hiss and maybe continuous buzzing, rather than rhythmic pulsing like the "galloping horses" interference you get from a mobile phone or the rhythmic noise from Homeplug. The room which experiences it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 15 03:02 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
44 1,087
Really strange phenomenon by Bill Wright[_3_]
Luckily I videoed this, or you wouldn't believe me. I have a stack of hi-fi separates in a kitchen cupboard. It's all old gear, but the whole thing works well. There's a CD deck, an FM tuner, and an amp. The amp has an input selector switch, Aux-tuner-CD. Aux takes a feed from the telly nearby. I was using this gear to listen to the radio (FM tuner) but decided to
December 5th 15 08:59 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
7 243
DVD Death thoes shock horror by Brian-Gaff
This would be the headline if a reporters DVD/cd player died. My one has just done so and its dead, no sign of life, no lights whirring noises or anything and the plug fuse is intact. Its one of those odd named ones. Yamada, but its been quite good for some years now, playing mp3 cds as well. So it only cost under 50 quid, but I need another one which is simple to use with the same specs,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 15 07:44 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
16 328
OT doghouse by Bill Wright[_3_]
She was giving me a bit of a massage, rubbing my back to ease the pain. I said, dreamily, "Oh I am a lucky man!"! "Why's that darling?" "Well I was just thinking, I've got just about every power tool I've ever wanted, now I've got my new drill." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 15 07:17 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
18 378
DAB/FM aerial by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.blake-uk.com/vhf-band-ii-fm/571-fm-aerials-omni-element-dab-and-fm-aerial-vhf-band-ii-fm-blake-aerials.html Why do they persist with these horizontally polarised FM aerials? What's the point? How come the gain for both FM and DAB just happens to be 0dB? For various reasons that seems most unlikely. And is it dBd or dBi or what? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 15 12:55 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
151 1,604
the wit and wisdom of Willy, aged two by Bill Wright[_3_]
Mum was asleep on the settee. She became vaguely aware that a small boy had climbed onto her lap. A voice said, "You got hole. Fairy got tooth in her house." She woke up to find a small finger in her mouth, feeling her teeth and gums. From the same boy this morning I had: "Where's the rainbow gone? Is it slipped into the water?" and "I got welly stuck in the rocks. I don't want welly. You...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 15 02:36 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
58 708
curious paragraph in the Guardian by Brian-Gaff
I see, but with agreement we all justsomehow manage to keep things together and live happily ever afterwards? That is assumiing we do not blow ourselves up, encounter a giant meteorite or have a nuclear winter event cause then the Yellowstone volcano rips the guts out t of the usa then. Living on spaceship earth is a pricarious business and always has been. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 15 01:03 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
75 751
Hacked tv still goes on then? by Norman Rowing[_2_]
'A man has been sentenced to 32 months in prison for selling illegal TV set-top boxes online. The boxes contained hardware which enabled users to watch Virgin Media television services without subscribing.' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34879832
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 15 11:43 AM
by pamela Go to last post
16 378
My long gone Granny by Sid.
Those were the days, remember it well. +ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:n3qhal+ACQ-con+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4-I was reminded of this woman who used to live in Southfields in London +AD4-during my childhood, mother to my father, deaf as a post but really quite +AD4-sharp otherwise.
December 4th 15 06:15 AM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 174
Dropped plasma by sintv[_2_]
I was removing the back of a Samsung 7yr old 46" plasma without laying it face down because Samsung stands dont fall off. Well this one did and the set fell and cracked the display. Since I feel guilty Im going to supply the customer with a 48" new Panasonic and just charge him for the original estimated repair - 60. Does anyone know what are my legal obligations in this case just as a matter of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 15 12:42 PM
by David Hume Go to last post
19 415