Post New Thread
notebook to LCD by bumblebee
Hi, I am trying to connect my DELL notebook to my Sharp AQUOS LCD TV thru HDMI. But I dont have a HDMI or DVi interface in my notebook. I am using a HDMI to DVi cable from my LCD TV and connecting to VGA interface in my notebook thru a DVi-to-VGA connector. Nothing is happening on my TV and I dont get any signal.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 07 10:52 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
18 556
Recommendations for good quality RF modulator wanted. by Bill Wright
"Mark" wrote in message ... DVD recorder went south, the replacement model has no RF modulated output, so I'm looking for a replacement stand-alone modulator device for the wired-up TVs around the house. Mono sound will do, but user-selectable TV channel is required. Are they much of a muchness (e.g. Maplin...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 18th 07 06:10 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
27 704
Looking for LCD with RS232 by [email protected]
Greetings all, I am looking for recommendations for a good quality 26" - 27" LCD monitor/TV, that has an RS232 port, for external control ( computer controlled on/off ). Looking to control 6 - 10 monitors. Thanks in advance
July 18th 07 04:08 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
8 222
NBC Deal or No Deal Game: Now you can challange online players by Nick
http://dealornodeal.somee.com/ First starter will get $1000 bonus.
July 18th 07 04:31 AM
by Nick Go to last post
0 141
media center pci freeview card help... by daz
hi, anyone give me any advice on the best way forwards? my trusty pace twin has just started playing up (more than usual) so ive retired the old girl. Ive got a PC connected to my TV so would like some advice on the best way to turn it into a pvr. Its running vista home premium and is a core 2 duo. Ive got one spare PCI slot so would like to know.. whats best, PCI or USB
July 17th 07 02:33 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
3 247
Tvs in Makro flyer by David
I note the Tvs in todays leaflet from Makro quote 3 specification and what a range of numbers in the HD ready ones, buyer beware. Ok I know the higher the numbers in contrast ratio and resolution mean better. But what is CD/M2 please? This range of numbers is all over the place. -- Regards, David
July 17th 07 10:04 AM
by Lurch Go to last post
1 342
Connectivity from DELL Notebook to Sharp AQUOS LCD TV by bumblebee
Hi All, I am trying to connect my DELL notebook to my Sharp AQUOS LCD TV thru HDMI. I dont have a HDMI or DVi interface in my notebook. I am using a HDMI to DVi cable from my LCD TV and connecting to VGA interface in my notebook thru a DVi-to-VGA connector. Nothing is happening on my TV and I dont get any signal. After this I am not sure, how to go abt connecting these two. I would appreciate...
July 17th 07 09:15 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
1 244
take a look at a good BBC resource by Bill Wright
http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/image_galleries/flooding_june_07_gallery_two.shtml
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 07 06:49 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
10 413
Directional finding system? by Graham Jones
I hope someone can shed light on this strange mast that has appeared near me. Unfortunately I do not have a photo but it has seems to have 5 dipoles in a pentagonal arrangement with an additional vertical pole. On top of the mast seems to be a plastic dome. Looking for planning permission for this I came...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 07 11:57 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
24 711
Missing MUX by Hawkins
I was called in by an elderly neighbour, well she is a few years in advance of my 70+. Her new digital TV would not get channel 5 in digital mode. I tried manually tuning the relevant channel 42 with no result as there was "No Signal". Rather than send her new TV back as faulty I took round my Humax PVR and connected it up and this also could not get the MUX on channel 42. That pointed fair...
July 16th 07 06:15 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 240
philips 42 inch lcd tv by martyh
Bugger just brought the LG plasma -- ********************************************************************************** The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are confidential and intended only for the named addressees. Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited. Unless stated to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 07 03:31 PM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
18 459
Digital TV Signal Boosters by Richard Wagstaff
Our area has just started to receive a limited Freeview service from Whitehawk (14 Km away). We've had an aerial company fit a new digital aerial and make sure the alignment is OK Unfortunately, we are still unable to receive some channels - ITV, Ch 4, Ch5, to name but a few - The BBC channels are all fine. Do you think an aerial Signal Booster would bring in the missing channels? I see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 07 10:05 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
28 826
Got a Prolink-1C by Marky P
Hi everyone! Just bought meself a Prolink-1C level meter :-). I can now measure signals wherever I go! Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 07 09:22 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
14 395
More DSO transmission details published by Ofcom by Andy Wade
Received on the Ofcom DSO mailing list this morning: quote Ofcom has today published details of the transmission characteristics which the television transmitter network will adopt at switchover for the 81 transmitters already carrying digital services. This information is primarily intended to help systems installers make initial preparations for switchover. Please see link below for...
July 15th 07 03:52 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
9 877
PVR 9200 TB/S by Ivan
I've just impulse bought a Humax PVR 9200 TB/S (which I collect tomorrow) I'm now beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing, however I believe a number of people on this newsgroup have mentioned in the past that they have this particular model and wonder if any of them would be good enough pass on any good or bad points they have encountered TIA. PS it will mean certain death for me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 15th 07 10:17 AM
by Ivan Go to last post
50 1,538
Create the life that you desire at Your Rich Life by [email protected]
I found this program to be amazing in helping me get my life going in a wonderful direction. This simple yet powerful, 10 session program got me to begin creating the life I always desired. Best of all, it is FREE. I highly recommend it to everyone. Check it out on http://www.yourrichlifeinc.com.
July 15th 07 03:44 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 216
ASO and subtitles by Bill Wright
The use of subtitles on DTT is problematic. Some boxes won't do it at all; some do it sporadically; some boxes do it for a while then lose it and have to be rebooted. My concern here is for the elderly hard of hearing. It's sometimes quite a learning experience for those using analogue to press text then 888, then remember that they have to press text again before they can change channel....
July 15th 07 12:26 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 213
my signal levels on my bedroom potable by Marky P
Just fo a laugh, here are the signal levels I measured on my bedroom portable using the set top loop aerial. Analogue: BBC 1 - 71.1 dBuV BBC 2 - 78.4 dBuV ITV 1 - 73.7 dBuV Ch 4 - 76.0 dBuV Ch 5 - 60.1 dBuV
July 14th 07 09:40 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
2 220
1080p question by Malcolm H
Question: If a panel has a vertical pixel count of 1080 does this mean that it can correctly display 1080p video? Or is some additional expensive magic required in the electronics to display 1080 progressive scan?
July 14th 07 07:59 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
3 244
philips 42 inch lcd tv by mike
wrote in news:[email protected] 4ax.com: Hope this is the right place chaps. I am an old crinkly and the new lcd tec stuff is beyound me but i need to replace a 28 inch crt tv. The one that seems to fit my needs is a philips 42pfl5522 - 42 inch lcd. I can not find a review except from sellers. Does anyone have any comments about this unit?
July 14th 07 07:09 PM
by mike Go to last post
7 397
Post New Thread