Post New Thread
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea: Missing episode on iPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pbpg3 Whatever happened to Episode 3? It's never been available via iPlayer. Does anyone know why? -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
January 3rd 16 05:48 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
2 219
Domestic mysteries solved or deferred by Bill Wright[_3_]
1. The living room telly feeds its audio into a pre-amp, which feeds a power amp, which feeds two speakers. The right channel started acting funny. Distortion on loud passages and a general reduction in volume. I suspected the power amp, and wasn't too worried because it's one of a pair originally used in bridged mode, one for each channel, and the other one is OK. I turned the pre-amp round...
January 2nd 16 04:07 PM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
2 222
Top tip by Bill Wright[_3_]
If you find that the remote handset for the workshop TV set doesn't seem to work very well after you've been paint spraying, have a look at the little infra-red LED at the front end. Bill
January 2nd 16 12:18 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
8 322
BBC censorship by omission by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 27/12/2015 22:37, wrote: On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:15:07 +0000, Bill Wright wrote: On 27/12/2015 14:32, wrote: This story was on the front page of the Times. It does seem rather important to me and I find it astonishing that the BBC seem to be ignoring it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 16 05:53 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 419
nice threpenny bits missus by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Ian wrote: I find Dairy Milk tastes completely different to how it used to even a few years ago. Wasn't sure if it was the product, or just my tastes changing as I hit middle age. I tend to prefer Galaxy now, which i never used to like when I was younger. James
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 16 03:35 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
13 333
Rip off? by Dickie mint[_2_]
My son has moved house and jusr had a satellite dish installed for £250. Standard 3 bedroom semi, no installation problems. Is that a standard price or has he been ripped off. He says the installation is good quality, so it's not a botch job merchant. I'd have done it for him but he has no ladders, and does not know any of his neighbours to borrow any. And he's in Nottingham and I'm in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 15 07:18 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
19 438
One foot in the grave Xmas specials on Yesterday by tim.....
(Bill - note the capital letter!) I dunno what it is with those of you who think that there's something wrong with repeats/rerun channels as ISTM that they provide opportunist for gems such as this. I was never a fan of "Victor" as a child, so we didn't habitually watch this series, and I don't think that I have seen them before. But I watched the reruns of the half-hour progs earlier in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 31st 15 12:58 PM
by Steve Go to last post
34 797
Filtering out channel 28 by alan_m
I have a log period wideband aerial pointed at Bluebell Hill but can also receive very strong signals from Crystal Palace. The CP direction is in the shadow of tall buildings in the town centre whilst Bluebell Hill has a clear path and so is more reliable, hence my preferred transmitter. Both use transmitter channel 28. Bluebell Hill for 'local TV' and Crystal Palace for ArqB...
December 30th 15 10:22 PM
by I love spam Go to last post
7 265
nice threpenny bits missus by Mike[_19_]
In article , Brian-Gaff wrote: Yes I notice i have some of both kinds of 5 p and 2 p coins here, but 1 p and 10 p seem to still be non ferous. I just tried a handful, 2013-2014 coins -- 5p's and 10p's showing as ferrous content, so they are out there! -- --------------------------------------+------------------------------------
December 30th 15 11:37 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
3 275
The Dad's Army Story by Bill Wright[_3_]
Ten minutes into this drama, which is set in 1967, and we see David Croft is well ahead of his time with a Sky dish on his house. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 15 09:54 AM
by Ian Go to last post
20 573
The Good Old Days by Bill Wright[_3_]
The BBC are have been showing a few of these programmes, from the late 70s and early 80s. They demonstrate the decline in technical and entertainment standards since then. The performers don't use microphones; there are a few mikes at the front of the stage and possibly a boom mike that we don't see. Yet the sound is always perfect. The balance between the instruments of the orchestra and...
December 29th 15 07:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
5 268
Christmas Day so far by Bill Wright[_3_]
1. Hil gets up. 2. Me woken by the sound of a screechy voice whittering on and on. Kind person had brought us some home-made mince pies and was reluctant to leave. Whitter whitter screech whitter. 2. Dog tires of whittering and screeching and gets into bed with me, cuddles up, puts paws over ears. Dog's feet and undercarriage are muddy. 3. I stagger to the bog, barefoot, naked, eyes shut. I...
December 28th 15 07:34 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
4 230
Christmas subtitles by Davey
The BBC gave a subtitle during a Christmas Service on TV yesterday: Spoken word: Amen. Written word: Ahmed. I would have thought that 'Amen' could be expected fairly frequently during this season. Oh well.
December 28th 15 11:35 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
8 292
BBC blames el Nino instead of global warming! by Bill Wright[_3_]
Yes honestly, they did! On the news channel! A long item about temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere being unseasonally high. They wheeled a bloke on who said it was all due to El Nino. He didn't mention global warming once and not did the voice over the bits of video they showed. I can't believe it! I wonder if someone will be sent for re-education, as happened after the 'What's the...
December 28th 15 10:52 AM
by Dex[_3_] Go to last post
5 359
Correspondence that might be of interest. Comments anyone? by Bill Wright[_3_]
NAME = John SURNAME = Pritchard EMAIL = COMMENT = Having spent much of my youth in the USA where cable standoffs were routinely used to reduce coax cable signal losses through capacitative and inductive interactions with exterior walls and metal poles, I wonder why such hardware is almost never used or findable in the UK, even in low-signal strength locations? It...
December 28th 15 08:47 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
5 274
Poor source switching at stations by Brian-Gaff
Has anyone noticed how terrible the switch from one programme of to another is on most channels? It basically sounds like a switch and all the announcements sound pre recorded due to the fact that they tend to use them more than once. I feel sure it has to be possible on tv stations even working on duke box mode for one source to fade out while the next fades in, I mean they often do not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 15 01:10 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
13 294
today's dogwalk pics (on topic) by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/crww49wdcteofxr/DSCN4994%5B1%5D.JPG?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ms9hu999fl3jct/DSCN4996%5B1%5D.JPG?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tvhm8sbwvncbkt/DSCN4997%5B1%5D.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/hygojc55uw0770o/DSCN4999%5B1%5D.JPG?dl=0 I don't know why any radio ham would install such an aerial without having it on a rotator. It's been there a while; never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 26th 15 01:59 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
37 572
Wideband to narrow band (433MHz?) by Paul D Smith[_2_]
It's digital, but not TV ;-). I'm playing with 433MHz devices such as temperature sensors and the like (e.g. the weather stations that come in both cheap and nicer forms). These operate at 433MHz and I was wondering how to extend the receiving range of my little computer interfaced receiver. It is possible to build yagis but I wondered whether it might be sensible to buy a commercial (but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 15 01:55 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 356
BBC gone secular? by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone noticed that the background picture behind the 'BBC circle' is no longer Christmas related? No Christmas tree, no tinsel or baubles, no star - just candles in jars hanging on trees against a snowy background. Or could it be because Jesser is an atheist? -- Woody
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 25th 15 11:38 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
78 947
Thunderbird won't paste text by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why can't I paste text into an outgoing Thunderbird message? When I click paste it just pastes the last thing I put into the clipboard when in Thunderbird, and not the thing I've just put there from another program. I thought you could only have one thing in the clipboard at once. So I click paste in Word and it pastes one thing; I click paste in Thunderbird and it pastes another. How come?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 15 04:39 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
34 675