Post New Thread
top up tv advice by Dee
I want to be able to get channels like UKTV but don't want to pay the Sky subscription. I'm thinking if getting a top up TV box and recorder. Is the Thomson 160G supplied direct by top-up TV the best buy? (I don't have cable)
December 15th 07 02:39 PM
by Alan Go to last post
2 196
Sony DVB Hard Disc / DVD recorder at Tesco by Adrian
RDRHXD770 120GB HD / DVD-R recorder with single Freeview tuner on Tesco stores for 219.97 Is it any good?
December 15th 07 09:18 AM
by CS Go to last post
4 268
THIS IS MOHAMMED 25 by msk2000
Then he recited this verse to them: In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful "O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes so you may know each another. Surely the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is All- knowing, All-aware". (Koran xlix.13) After this he said to them: 'O Quraysh, what do you think I am...
December 15th 07 03:17 AM
by msk2000 Go to last post
0 167
How can a TV know that an image is coming from a computer, not a comsumer set-top box? by Bob[_4_]
I think you can use the "input" button on your TV remote to choose HDMI input. "D" wrote in message ... Hello! According to Samsung LE-32r71b HDTV manual the TV cannot receive an image from a computer through its HDMI input, but through its d-sub only. Is it really true? How can the TV know that an image...
December 14th 07 03:35 PM
by Bob[_4_] Go to last post
0 149
Digitalspy forum subject 'Kiss of death' for FreeSat? by madge
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=707251 I wanted to post the message below to it but I have to wait until I'm authorised. Would a kind soul post the following to the forum. There is no problem with Tesco et al selling FreeSat boxes. All they need to do for most customers is to tell them to :
December 14th 07 03:23 PM
by madge Go to last post
2 311
How can a TV know that an image is coming from a computer, not a comsumer set-top box? by [email protected]
In alt.tv.tech.hdtv Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote: | On 14 Dec, 12:51, D wrote: | Hello! | According to Samsung LE-32r71b HDTV manual the TV cannot receive an | image from a computer through its HDMI input, but through its d-sub | only. Is it really true? How can the TV know that an image is coming | from a computer, not a comsumer set-top box? My video card is...
December 14th 07 01:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 195
SKY Pin Number by Sargeant Rutter
How can I find out how to obtain the PIN for SKY Digital? I,ve been trying to watch movies and some times it asks for the number.
December 14th 07 09:29 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
4 230
Auctioning off of digital spectrum by Ed
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7141913.stm OFCOM has packaged the available spectrum into key uses: *National digital terrestrial TV in high or standard definition *Cognitive radio - a new wireless technology which can deliver broadband *High-speed mobile broadband and mobile TV *Local television - 25 new local TV stations across the UK
December 13th 07 10:25 PM
by Mallory[_2_] Go to last post
8 229
UK has highest take-up rate of digital TV by Michael Chare
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2007/12/nr_20071213 In the UK women use the internet more often than men! -- Michael Chare
December 13th 07 09:20 PM
by tim \(not at home\) Go to last post
6 426
Ofcom statement on Digital Dividend Review by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/ddr/statement/ and YouTube video to boot (at the bottom): http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2007/12/nr_20071213a -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
December 13th 07 04:51 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
2 220
detecting video signal ? by bugbear
Does anyone know if a video signal (e.g. composite, RGB, or component) can be detected with a normal multi-meter e.g. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=4402&source=2001&doy=search BugBear
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 13th 07 10:49 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
20 589
Panasonic TUCT30 STB OAD by Wilf
Hi, I've inherited a Panasonic TUCT30 Freeview STB and wanted to use it with a spare TV. It works great and has the usual now/next information but its software version (can't remember right now what the version number is) only makes it "EPG-ready" for the 8-day epg. I'm sure there must have been a software update via OAD over the years but the previous owner never updated the box. Does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 07 08:54 AM
by Wilf Go to last post
10 372
Christmas Shopping Deals by ayt46g6b
I am always in search of the best deals online. Check out http://www.christmasplayland.com that I came across.Great onestop Christmas marketplace for entertainment and travel.
December 12th 07 11:52 PM
by ayt46g6b Go to last post
0 166
Sky RF Out into Masthead Amp by Geoff Lane
I've currently got a loft aerial feeding into a Proception proMHD14V - four-way amplifier supplying 3 TVs on freeview. All working fine. I've also got Sky with aerial feeding into just one room. Could I feed the Sky's RF1 (Not the powered RF2) feed into where my aerial enters the masthead amp and get a distributed Sky RF signal.
December 12th 07 07:42 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
6 941
Horizontal only? by Allan Jones[_2_]
Analogue signals used to be either horizontally or vertically polarised but I've only ever seen reference to digital transmissions being horizontally polarised. Is this correct or can they be vertical as well (it's important to me as I travel all over the country by narrowboat) -- Allan Jones - N/B 'Keeping Up' www.keeping-up.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 07 05:50 PM
by charles Go to last post
10 393
Sparklies on plasma TV by Marky P
When I turn my telly on, initially there appears to be sparklies which gradually fade away over a few minutes. Not sure whether it's always done it or not. It's not a signal problem. It's a Samsung 42". Marky P.
December 12th 07 12:11 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
9 237
Broadcasters add pictures to radio by Stephen
"Ian" wrote in message ... "Mike Terry" wrote in message ... Radio broadcasters are adding pictures to compliment their transmissions. So what is YOUR point? This isn't a group for people to just post links to Internet Sites over and...
December 12th 07 08:38 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
1 163
Radio with pictures - hmm, where have I heard that? by Stephen
"Graculus" wrote in message ... Feast your eyes on this piece of drivel, and weep: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/7132171.stm "Glanceability is the phrase the tech-heads use." Really? I've never heard it. Sounds more like a bit of marketing drivel to me. Radio with Pictures would be...
December 12th 07 07:27 AM
by Kristoff Bonne Go to last post
7 219
THIS IS MOHAMMED 24 by msk2000
The Romans cried out in anger when they heard this, so Heraclius quickly said, 'I was only pretending; I wanted to see how strong your faith was. I am pleased to see that you are true to your religion.' Heraclius then suggested that they attack or give land to the Muslims in order to maintain peace, but the Romans refused. Realizing that he could do no more, and knowing that one day Islam would...
December 12th 07 02:16 AM
by msk2000 Go to last post
0 150
The great Britsh tradesman by Bill Wright
I've been to see a customer recently who had a lot of CCTV equipment installed some time ago. He paid well over the odds for the job. It never worked properly and the faults we have found so far include: The cameras, IR lights and audio units were powered at 12V via an astonishing rats' nest of cables in the loft including CAT5, 6 core phone, CT100, RG59, mains twin flex, all connected by...
December 12th 07 01:16 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 448
Post New Thread