Post New Thread
wrecking films by Douglas Paulley
I'm watching "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" on Channel 5 at the moment. The only thing is, there's been some form of stretch in the film. It's really noticeable whenever there's any of the poignant music: there's a waver. It's spoiling it. And there's a definite lipsync problem, a delay by a fraction of a second I think. Still it isn't as bad as what ITV2 did to Schindler's List the other
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 08 12:41 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
30 699
Samsung hybrid HD-DVD/Blu-Ray out in two weeks :-) by Marky P
I ordered this hybrid machine back in October and is expected to arrive at my door within a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see how it performs. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 08 10:15 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
14 427
Samsung LE-40M87BDX by tv
I'm no expert but I'm looking to buy the Samsung LE-40M87BDX as it seems to be the best overall spec in its price bracket (I'm looking in and around 700): 1. Has anyone else got this screen - what do you think? 2. I only use my TV for DVDs and Freeview at the moment with no plans to change in the short term - will my Freeview picture look any good on the screen? 3. I was told and have read to...
January 7th 08 09:09 AM
by diy-newby Go to last post
5 209
confused about contrast ratios by Peter Lynch
I've been considering getting a new TV with a bigger screen. Given the difficulty of sourcing a large CRT, or of having the furniture to support it, the new set would be LCD or plasma. Now, when I read reviews of either LCDs or plasmas, the specs all seem to make a big deal of the "contrast ratio" of the screen, with values in the thousands being possible. My assumption is that this is the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 6th 08 02:35 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
38 1,286
Advice on connecting a PC DVI-D + audio to HDMI by Light of Aria
Humbug. I am having trouble sourcing this cable / connector or do I have the wrong idea altogether. I want to connect a typical PC which has a DVI-D digital video output to an HDMI TV/monitor. Of course a PC's DVI-D output will not include the audio channels be it either the PC's two channel analogue audio output or S/PDIF digital audio output.
January 5th 08 10:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 210
Downloading Dr. Who with iPlayer by Marky P
Currently downloading the xmas Dr. Who as my DVD-R decided it didn't want to record it. This is my first experience with the iPlayer, and it's taking ages to download. Another 5 hours to go... Marky P.
January 5th 08 07:36 PM
by Fred X Go to last post
9 247
New Philips LCD 26 inch TV by Tim and Wendy
Hi have just bought a new Philips 26 inch LCD digital TV which on the whole I have very pleased with, however, I have noticed that the picture quality isn't as sharp as my old CRT TV, with picture blurring at times? Almost like watching a video from Real Player? Is there anything I can do about this in the setup, or does everyone have the same problem? Any good advice would be much...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 08 04:24 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
26 725
1080p playback on a PC by Grumps
Hi I've got a 1080p file (7.4GB, .mkv) which will not play without stuttering on either of my PCs. PC1) Pentium4, 3GHz, 1Gig RAM, ATI X1950Pro, WinXP-pro. PC2) PentiumD 3.4GHz, 1Gig RAM, nvidia 7300LE, WinXP-home. I have the same programme but 720p (1.5GB, .mkv) and this plays perfectly.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 08 11:43 AM
by Grumps Go to last post
22 540
Promax Explorer 1 on Ebay by Marky P
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290195469789&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019 Bloody typical! He ended the auction early due to item being lost or broken. More like changed his mind or sold it privately. Never mind, can't spend any more of my dad's cash anyway, or the authorities will start getting suspicious :-) Marky P.
January 5th 08 11:03 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
0 194
Sony Service Manuals. by Clive.
I used to be able to buy Sony service manuals myself but believe they are now only available to Sony service centres, does anyone know where I can buy one and the service remote if required? Thanks. -- Clive.
January 4th 08 08:30 AM
by Alan White Go to last post
4 179
Marky P - In here! by Carpy
Promax TV Explorer on the bay! This is a proper meter and is what I use. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290195469789&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk
January 4th 08 07:42 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
2 241
Good Quality Aerial Splitter by Peter Barns
Does anyone know where I can get a good quality aerial splitter? I want to connect my TV and the Freeview card in my PC at the same time. I have a Y-adapter but it degrades the signal so much that Freeview breaks up on both the TV and the PC. I live in a flat with a communal aerial. If I connect the fly lead for the TV or the PC directly I get a good signal. Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 08 01:08 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
37 2,871
Signal Booster question (was Freeview PVR Questions) by Ed
From http://tinyurl.com/2glmxw Hi there Given that best advice seems to be go for the Digihome DTR80 (www.argos.co.uk/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=5321272) I am expecting to require a replacement booster - the one they have (and need) is only a single - due to the stories of breakup on the second tuner of this box using the external aerial loop.
January 3rd 08 10:09 PM
by - Go to last post
3 283
Can I ditch my set-top aerial? by Robin Faichney
I have a Humax 8000T (single tuner PVR) and also an old Pace STB that allows me to watch one DTT channel while recording another. I've just tuned my newish Phillips DVD recorder to the Pace RF output, so I could record two DTT channels at the same time while watching analogue. Both PVR and DVD have two scarts. AV1 on each is connected to the 2 scart oldish CRT TV. AV2 on PVR and DVD are connected...
January 3rd 08 03:38 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 226
ace by lipperryan
Description GET MUCH RICHER IN 30-60 DAYS virtually no investment The home based opportunity to make substantial money with a $6 investment: as seen on Oprah MAKE $100,000 U.S (approx 65,00 GBP) OR MORE IN A FEW MONTHS - AS SEEN ON OPRAH & 20/20 **Proven by various, highly-respected U.S. TV and Radio programs as being 100% successful everytime for whoever does this **Oprah Winfrey and ABC's...
January 3rd 08 02:58 PM
by lipperryan Go to last post
0 186
Help choosing TV by Nick Marks
Hello I am having problems choosing televisions for myself. I got someone to do a research on Plasma and LCD and another one to do a Brand wise research. I got them on a web page for me . Now i am in a confusion on what to choose. Is it possible that some one be able to help me choose the right telly. I have got the Comparisions on http://www.squidoo.com/sony-LCD-TV-Samsung-LCD-TV-HDTV For the 2...
January 3rd 08 10:32 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
2 193
Happy new year! by Marky P
Well, another bloody year is upon us. Anyone here made any resolutions? This year, I may be out of work by April and my dad will probably go in a home. But, looking on the bright side, I might still have a job in April, and my dad might go in a home :-) Happy new year! Marky P.
January 3rd 08 02:00 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 209
Silly Idea? by Clint Sharp
Quick question, is the content of an encrypted MPG stream any different from the content of a clear stream from a technical point of view? I.E. could you use a cheap digital PVR to record an encrypted stream without it complaining and then be able to stream it back via whatever CAM is required to allow access/viewing? I've got a daft idea rolling around in the back of my mind s'all... --...
January 2nd 08 07:51 PM
by Clint Sharp Go to last post
8 252
Evesham TV handbook not so good by Capt T[_2_]
My TV has somethings called: 1 AVL on / off...What is it? 2 Dynamic Bass Low/Med/High (with warning not to use high on high volume) What is the point since you can chose and set your own bass level or accept pre sets for Jaz pop etc. 3 Effect on/off.. What is it? Probably basic stuff but not to us oldies.
January 2nd 08 06:58 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 192
Where to start? (LCD TV) by larkim
I hate spending money when I feel I am a complete amateur about the subject. But now our sole 24 inch TV is feeling unsuitable for our house which has a long lounge and (more importantly) three growing boys in it. So I'm after a decent sized (37 inch?) TV to wall mount at a slight angle (both downwards and from the left). Given the range on offer, LCD looks to be the technology of...
January 2nd 08 06:40 PM
by J[_2_] Go to last post
3 222
Post New Thread