Post New Thread
ANALOG RECEPTION IS SUPERIOR to digital non-reception by Mr. Stabby
I live 40 miles+ from the nearest city and I get many more channels with digital than analog, using an indoor antenna. I did find that my HDTivo's tuner pulled in more digital stations than my Samsung plasma TV, so digital tuners do vary.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 19th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
27 578
Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers. by Colin Stamp
Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a set of decent 2.1 speakers so replace the cheap Creative ones I currently use with my TV. I want some with remote control for volume, bass and treble. So far, Altec Lansing FX4021 seems to be the front runner. One possible problem though, could be that I've modified the TV to cut the mains power to the speakers when I turn it off. That's fine of the current ...
January 19th 08 12:50 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
0 190
today message : by stella
today message : 1. A short pencil is better than a long memory. 2. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% http://padmagirl.blogspot.com %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
January 19th 08 07:10 AM
by housetrained[_2_] Go to last post
1 149
DVR 62160T SL-T UK by [email protected]
I have been trying to find a site where I can download an Instruction Manual for a DVR player. Sagem DVR 62160T SL-T UK 160GB Hard Disk Drive. DVR 6200T Series. Can you help please? I seem to be going round in a circle - getting nowhere.
January 18th 08 10:34 PM
by Brian Lawrence Go to last post
1 256
Sky+ or BT Vision? by Michael Harding
Will someone please comment on the comparitive costs, ease of programming and help-lines of Sky+ and BT Vision? MH
January 18th 08 07:21 PM
by Monkey Hanger Go to last post
4 185
BBC News: Blu-ray future limited for some by Java Jive
"Owners of Blu-ray DVD players may find themselves frozen out of future developments in the technology because their machines are not upgradeable." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7187179.stm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 18th 08 03:34 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
29 539
Thinking of your next holiday by [email protected]
Are you planning for vacation, holiday? We would like you to spare your valuable time! Visit our website www.magical-nepal.com for information on Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. Thanking you in advance visiting and look forward to assist you. Regards, Rath Nepal Tours and Travels
January 18th 08 04:55 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 128
Virgin V+ STB by ChrisM
Noticed there is a selection of Virgin V+ PVR boxes for sale on eBay. Would I be right in thinking these should not be sold, and that they remain the property of VirginMedia. Purely hypothetical now... Given that, if I was tempted to buy one anyway, would it work as a PVR, would my existing card (I have a regular (non-PVR) Pace Virgin Digital Cable TV Box)... -- Regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 08 11:40 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
17 586
DOGs by Paul D.Smith
You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the following: - On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an annoying DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick to remember which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if I'm watching NCIS (say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?). - An adverts, where I find the same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 08 05:01 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
24 529
ANALOG RECEPTION IS SUPERIOR to digital non-reception by Flasherly
On Jan 13, 10:17 am, SFTV_troy wrote: Old tale; new setting. I purchased a Hisense Tuner off ebay, with the intent of giving it to my parents so they could receive DTV. Well that was a horrible mistake. Long story short, here were the results using a directional, indoors antenna aimed towards Philadelphia (my parents say that gives the best results for...
January 16th 08 07:49 PM
by Richard C. Go to last post
2 161
New Television by John[_6_]
I'm thinking of getting an LCD television in the sales. I just have a couple of questions for those more in the know than me. Full 1080 HD Televisions is there a certain size of screen that you have to get or above for full HD, or can you get full HD in most screen sizes? I didn't want to get something too big, maybe only a 26 or 32" screen size. If I was to get a full HD screen, would I still...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 08 10:01 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
45 854
Topfeild 5810 by Agamemnon
When is it going to be available?
January 15th 08 09:46 PM
by Nigel Whitfield Go to last post
3 134
Test only by Gordon MacPherson
Messages have no been getting through
January 14th 08 06:31 PM
by neverwas Go to last post
5 147
How to greatly inprove the performance of your LCD or plasma by Bill Wright
Adjust the contrast, brightness, and colour for the most realistic effect. Usually this will mean setting all three a long way below the manufacturer's default. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 14th 08 10:03 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
78 1,160
troublesome muxes by Bill Wright
I'm thinking of compiling a list of muxes on 28.2 that are more troublesome than average. This is especially with regard to large distribution systems. There are many different factors that cause problems with certain muxes. If anyone has any specific experience of reception problems on certain muxes, especially if they managed to find out the cause of the problem, I'd be interested to hear...
January 14th 08 10:02 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 150
Blu-ray - Anyone got a player? by Dr Hfuhruhurr
Anyone got a Blu-Ray player? Anyone got a PS3? Anyone got both? How do they compare? Is it worth getting a standalone player or (for the kids sake of course) does the PS3 do as good a job? So many questions....... Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 08 09:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
14 317
Advice on domestic Video/audio distribution please by PeterT
Hi, Advice on the following would be much appreciated. I am hoping to move to a new (new to me, not a new build) and plan to install both a video distribution system - i.e. Sky, Digital terrestrial and DAB to approximately 7 or 8 rooms. The audio distribution system I am looking at presently is something from http://www.anderson-smart-homes.co.uk/multiroom.htm but would be open to suggestions of...
January 13th 08 07:04 PM
by PeterT Go to last post
8 200
Freeview signal problem by Jeff Layman
At present I have a group A 15-element aerial (Crystal Palace) and a group C-D 18-element aerial (Midhurst) connected via a passive combiner to a 26 dB labgear masthead amp. The output of that feeds about 10 metres of coax (unknown quality, but about 2 years old) connected to a passive triple splitter in the loft. That feeds 3 separate rooms by at least 10 meters of unknown quality coax...
January 13th 08 06:40 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 253
Sandy Heath by [email protected]
Good morning to all.Remember me?Techno dumbo? Famous for my literacy skills!!! Happy new ear to all.Can anyone tell me if Sandy Heath is experiencing problems,only I have lost all my freeview channels?!Thanks
January 13th 08 02:17 PM
by News Will Go to last post
6 211
Blackhill - no Dave or BBC4 by GJW[_2_]
Anyone else with crappy reception from Blackhill in the last fortnight?
January 13th 08 01:13 PM
by Scott Go to last post
9 239
Post New Thread