Post New Thread
Grumble - Tivo - grumble...BBC....grumble...F1..... by David[_13_]
Just finished working my way through the recordings of the 2015 F1 Grand Prix on our Virgin Tivo. Away at the end of last year so couldn't watch it then. All very fine, until the last race. The Abu Dhabi GP was shown as the recording title, but instead it was a recording of the Davis Cup Final. I assume that they gave the David Cup priority on HD and moved F1 to SD
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 16 10:34 PM
by Davey Go to last post
11 427
UK TV by pinnerite
I wanted to try to watch a missed episode of The Bill this morning. This channel tells me my version of Adobe Reader is out of date. It may be but it works across most 'catch-up sites. Maybe they have anti- Linux triggers built in. If so they've lost one potential viewer. Thank goodness HMTL5 is gradually being implemented web-wide. -- Mageia 5 for x86_64, Kernel:4.1.15-desktop-2.mga5
March 1st 16 12:34 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
5 319
Delay in on-line TV by Scott[_2_]
I was watching Breakfast on BBC One in bed on my iPad. At 7.30 they said BBC One would show Match of the Day and Breakfast would continue on BBC News. I changed to BBC News and saw that part again - in other words BBC News was running about 1 minute behind BBC One. I am totally puzzled why this could happen. I could perhaps see the other way round if BBC One had to travel to regional centres...
February 29th 16 07:09 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
7 391
Tell us something we don't know by Jeff Layman[_2_]
At the bottom of the Radio Times pages with all the Sky TV programmes the words "All programmes on the above channels are repeats unless otherwise stated" appear. I'm not sure how long the RT have been doing this, but the same words have just started appearing on the Freeview channels pages. I wonder if this is one reason why the RT moved BBC4 to the pages with BBC and 2, ITV1, and C4, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 16 10:30 AM
by Martin P Go to last post
18 530
John and Tessa by Bill Wright[_3_]
I drempt that I went to a trade show. There was a lecture that I was interested in so I went into the hall and sat down. Then I realised John Reddihough and Tessa were sitting just in front of me. Afterwards we went and had a beer and reminisced about the old days. It was lovely. As many of you will know John died some time ago. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 16 06:40 AM
by Ian Go to last post
23 593
Complaints to broadcasters by Brian Gaff
Hi is there a list of telephone numbers for the majority of freeview channels? The whole thing is now bewildering and it has been suggested by some people that these numbers are kept low key as they just don't want to know what the people think. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
February 25th 16 08:06 AM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
3 214
TOT BigClive Youtube by alan_m
I was looking at some of Big Clive's consumer product tear apart videos and came across this video with Clive playing with a doll he had purchased from pound land. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDgOGC5Lcc watch to the end.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 24th 16 08:00 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
20 2,076
Series are shorter than they used to be. by Brian Gaff
I notice that both Vera and Midsummer Murders have now ended their runs. OK they are quite long, but I did not count the number they made, but its not very many. So, is it that cash is short or just that the term 'series' means anything with more than 2 programmes these days? to me the length of the s episodes seems to make the action a little languid for me. The Americans seem to be able...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 24th 16 09:56 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
20 604
11A DAB from Emley: I'm excited by Bill Wright[_3_]
Currently on the air: Share UK (London station about stocks, shares, and instrumental folk music) Sunrise (Punjabi, lots of sitars, some wailing) UCB2 (Christian superstition) Waves 1 (someone having a bath by the sounds of it) Waves 2 (the missus has got in with him) Waves 3 (getting a bit frisky now) Absolute Rock 80s (dreadful racket aimed at fifty-year-olds who haven't developed their...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 23rd 16 09:01 PM
by pamela Go to last post
51 1,292
Watch in HD! by Bill Wright[_3_]
I put my Humax DTT box on and tuned to Sky News. "Watch in HD" said the message, with OK in a circle. I pressed OK and got Al Jazeera. Hmm... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 22nd 16 08:10 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
28 734
anyone use CorelDraw? by Bill Wright[_3_]
I simply mirrored eight objects as a group. Well I tried. They disappeared. Edit undo didn't bring them back. I found them listed in Object properties. They had a specific fill, a specific outline, etc, but their dimensions were zero by zero. I tried to give them real dimensions. It didn't work. In the end I had to use the back-up file to retrieve them. I mirrored them and again their...
February 22nd 16 06:51 AM
by Charlie+ Go to last post
6 353
Is this entirely safe? by [email protected]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91810659/2016-02-20%2009.09.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 16 11:36 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
16 605
How does Joe Bloggs know which telly to buy? by Bill Wright[_3_]
The Sony Bravia KDL32R503CBU is advertised by various retailers as 'HD ready 720p', 'full HD', 'Freeview tuner', 'Freeview HD', etc etc. Does it have a DVB T2 tuner? You just can't tell. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 20th 16 02:33 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
74 1,194
BBC3 closure by JohnT[_11_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35221706 -- JohnT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 20th 16 09:44 AM
by John Hall[_2_] Go to last post
39 738
Pleased Radio 4 extra is now stable again by Smolley[_2_]
When I go to bed I listen to radio 4 extra, but over the last few days the stream has been interupted with silence, sometimes for several minutes and many times over the evening. I noticed whilst in my neighbour's house his network radio went silent for several minutes during the daytime, is anyone at the other end interested ?
February 18th 16 02:07 PM
by Smolley[_2_] Go to last post
2 201
BBC Youf by madge
'Merger plan' for BBC Three and Radio One http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35566451 -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices | https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/ This information is provided without warranty of any kind
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 16 08:14 PM
by John Hall[_2_] Go to last post
10 530
BBC Three slot by Scott[_2_]
Does anyone know what will happen to the space on the main HD multiplex occupied by BBC Three when it closed? I know the BBC One +1 idea was rejected by the BBC Trust but I cannot find any information. Logically, BBC Four should go there but I think this might mean a later start.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 16 01:43 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
27 1,002
weird it just started to work by Brian Gaff
You know I've done nothing but suddenly the bbc I player through Firefox has started working for me again. I suspect somebody has done an update. I do find the way modern software updates itself without much indication a bit of a worry though. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 16 09:36 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 340
Damn codecs! by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a dashcam I fitted a couple of weeks ago. It records in HD as *.avi files. I have no problem playing these on the laptop in VLC. etc. I thought I'd play them on my Panasonic TV, which can play *.avi files an USB sticks. So I plug in the stick and try to play the video: "File not supported" pops up. After a bit of checking I found it was the audio codec causing the problem. For some...
February 14th 16 06:22 PM
by Norman Rowing[_3_] Go to last post
5 330
Software defined radio - Portable? by madge
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1703258614/psdr-pocket-hf-sdr-transceiver-with-vna-and-gps/description -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices | https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/ This information is provided without warranty of any kind
February 14th 16 05:00 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 252
Post New Thread