Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Panasonic program pixelation problem. by Gordon Lloyd
I have a Panasonic Freesat Plasma tv model TX-P50G10B and a Panasonic Freesat Blue-ray disc recorder model DMR-BS850EB, the recorder also has a hard drive and two separate satellite inputs. For the past few weeks both the tv and the recorder are having a problem with just one channel, 119 ITV HD, it keeps breaking up on both sound and vision with blocky pixelation and sound dropping out, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 16 08:05 AM
by |||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk Go to last post
14 5,873
Argos signal booster - any good? by [email protected]
I am looking for a signal booster to my grandmother's freeview signal from occasionally dropping out. Her box reports the signal as poor. My parents live in the same area and with a booster get good signal. I was wondering if anyone had freeview experience with either of these argos...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 3rd 05 05:36 PM
by Brian Gregory [UK] Go to last post
51 5,854
LG telly default input by CD
My 83 year old dad had an ageing 32" CRT that he had got to grips with over the years that recently died. I stuck in a 42" LG, which he was over the moon with, into this was plugged his SD Sky box via scart (remember them) which cheerfully switched the telly to AV1 automatically. The Sky box started freezing so my brother put a spare Sky HD box on via HDMI, all was fine apart from him getting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 13 09:04 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_2_] Go to last post
21 5,834
Cavity Wall Cable Feed by Geoff Lane
I live in a property that has a cavity wall. If I want to feed some aerial cable through the double wall is there a suggestion or tool to get the cable through both walls. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 08 10:23 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
35 5,715
Samsung UE32ES5500. by Rick[_10_]
I'm sorely tempted by this offer, especially as it comes with a five year warranty, does anyone here own one, if so what are your impressions? Samsung UE32ES5500 LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 32 Inch with Freeview HD. http://www.johnlewis.com/231559101/Product.aspx?s_kenid=12664bf5-c5b2-34c9-d35a-00003ceef6e3&s_kwcid=7x938005
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 12 08:13 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
18 5,668
Bloomin digital. by Brian Gaff
According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over half a minute out of register. It rather brought up the idea of when the year started into perspective. It was all over the place, so it seems to me that one of the major...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 17 01:19 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
255 5,658
TOT turbines by Bill Wright[_2_]
From my window I can see four wind turbines. This morning two were turning clockwise and two were turning anticlockwise. There wasn't much wind so they were all turning very slowly. But how come two were running backwards? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 25th 12 11:40 AM
by Davey Go to last post
292 5,620
Eurosport on free-to-air digital satellite? by Bonge Boo!
Anyone know if you can get Eurosport on free-to-air digital satellite? Currently I have an old analog dish that gets Eurosport. I'm weighing up upgrading my aerial and getting a freeview box for digital terrestrial, or replacing the analog sat disk with a digi dish and decoder. The deal decider is Eurosport. I must have it, and I don't want to pay Murdoch for it. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 06 09:36 AM
by MJ Ray Go to last post
13 5,564
new thread about what will work after dso. by Brian Gaff
Can someone tell me the layout of the file that is supposed to give a list of what will and will not work, as mentioned in a thread recently? I ask because the dweebs who wrote that pdf, have failed to tag the reading order, and after having let adobe reader do its various suggestions, I've given up. its a nightmare jumble of names, model numbers yes and nos etc, in no particular reading...
September 7th 09 07:04 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
2 5,552
genuine pic by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/photo%20%282%29.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 13 04:57 PM
by John Williamson Go to last post
67 5,519
Tesco Techwood AEDTR80S7 Freeview PVR by David
Looks like these branded for Tesco to sell, are they sold under other names/model by others? I'm looking for Reviews on it. They very cheap wanting to know if rubbish. -- Regards, David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 08 08:44 PM
by Clive Page[_2_] Go to last post
12 5,515
HD Freesat box reccomendations? by David WE Roberts[_3_]
I'm getting more and more ****ed of with our Bush HD Freesat box. It seems to get all arsey from time to time, possibly due to overheating, and then needs to have a nice rest in a quiet darkened room until it feels better. Witness previous queries about using an old Sky box as backup. I'm now wondering if it is worth replacing with something more modern (by a couple of years) possibly with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 12 11:21 PM
by Jim Go to last post
57 5,509
Freeview via NTL wall box? by James Enrita
I've recently moved in to a new flat. The previous owners had had NTL installed although this has since been disconnected and I have no intention of signing up to NTL. As a result there are boxes in each room with outlets for TV, FM and data. The TV ones have a length of what I guess is co-axial cable coming from them. The plug at the end seems odd, it certainly wouldn't connect directly to an...
October 24th 03 09:49 PM
by David Hearn Go to last post
9 5,481
why 12V? by Bill Wright[_3_]
So many things run on 12V DC. Firstly, why has that become the standard? Is it all because of the nominal voltage of a car battery? Secondly, wouldn't 24 or 48V be more convenient for many things? I heard a few years back something about new cars being 48V in the near future. Did it ever happen? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 7th 17 03:24 PM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
435 5,411
Buy cigarettes UK - Buy tax free cigarettes and Tobacco, duty free.Europe, UK by [email protected]
Cheap cigarettes UK - Buy tax free cigarettes and Tobacco, duty free. Europe, UK Free.Cigarettes-Cigars.com offers you the possibility to buy cigarettes and tobacco online for the lowest prices possible. All products are original and have the same quality and taste as the products you buy from your local tobacoshop. Smoke great tasting cigarettes and enjoy our duty free, tax free and discount...
November 23rd 08 08:38 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 5,395
wow, free sky, uk cable hack, free cable, modified cards, how? by Mat Overton
m8 told me of about this site. thought you should all know SUBJECT:- just a few of the discussed topics in detail over here at this site.... www.freesky.tv wow regards the master of freesky Zzzzzzzzz..........
December 15th 03 01:22 PM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
3 5,393
UK FUEL by The Master[_2_]
Dear Friends, I have set up a petition about the ever rising fuel prices in the UK. Please add your name(s) and then send the link onto as many people as you can. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ukfuelcosts/signatures-1.html Kind Regards.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 6th 08 07:09 AM
by Tommy[_2_] Go to last post
214 5,393
It's time to ban widescreen. by half_pint
Due to it's inherent lack of height a widesceen picture is tremendously wasteful in terms of energy usage and bandwidth. Typically half of the image displayed is wasted which means a widescreen TV uses approximately twice as much energy a more sensibly sizeed screen (4:3 for example). Also from a bandwidth point of view about twice as bandwidth is needed to display a given number of channels. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 2nd 06 08:04 AM
by Alan White Go to last post
295 5,380
Slow Humax PVR 9200 by Ivan
When I upgraded my Humax PVR 9200 (to a PVR 9300) I passed it on to my son and it has worked fine until a couple of days before the DSO here in the West region, since when it has now become so slow as to be virtually unusable, I appreciate that this isn't a new or unknown problem with this model, however does anyone know if there is a fix now available, or if there will be one arriving in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 5th 18 08:07 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
138 5,344
no text on BBC Freeview by Noggin
We were getting the BBC Oracle without problems til a few days ago, now we can't get it at all. The ITV Teletext service works ok. If we watch via the dvd recorder we can still get BBC Text ok, It's a newish Panasonic tv and a fairly old Pioneer dvd recorder I have tried rescanning the channels but that didn't help. The signal strength meter reads 10/10 signal strength/quality on all...
June 1st 10 08:58 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
8 5,339
Post New Thread