Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
why 12V? by Bill Wright[_3_]
So many things run on 12V DC. Firstly, why has that become the standard? Is it all because of the nominal voltage of a car battery? Secondly, wouldn't 24 or 48V be more convenient for many things? I heard a few years back something about new cars being 48V in the near future. Did it ever happen? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 7th 17 03:24 PM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
435 6,285
Alba 19" LED TV/DVD by David
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5297564.htm?mvt=HP1_main1a#pdpFullProductInformation Anyone got or seen one of these? I'm wanting to know if it has a 12volt input, ie. fed by a 240v transformer as I'm after one for use in a caravan at 12volt. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 17th 12 09:10 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
26 6,283
Loss of picture colour not teletext or channel indicator by SHook
Hello, Wonder if anyone can tell me if the problem i have can be fixed easily or should I just ditch the tv and buy another one? I have Sony Trinitron KV-X2552U tv. Unfortunately and suddenly the colour picture will become black and white, maybe for a few seconds or usually for a couple of hours. Occasionally if you turn the tv off and on again (either remote or on the tv) the colour picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 07 11:58 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
12 6,279
Panasonic program pixelation problem. by Gordon Lloyd
I have a Panasonic Freesat Plasma tv model TX-P50G10B and a Panasonic Freesat Blue-ray disc recorder model DMR-BS850EB, the recorder also has a hard drive and two separate satellite inputs. For the past few weeks both the tv and the recorder are having a problem with just one channel, 119 ITV HD, it keeps breaking up on both sound and vision with blocky pixelation and sound dropping out, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 16 08:05 AM
by |||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk Go to last post
14 6,227
TOT turbines by Bill Wright[_2_]
From my window I can see four wind turbines. This morning two were turning clockwise and two were turning anticlockwise. There wasn't much wind so they were all turning very slowly. But how come two were running backwards? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 25th 12 11:40 AM
by Davey Go to last post
292 6,149
Freeview equivalent in US? by larry mehl
Hello UK -- Does anyone know if there is something like Freeview in the US? Thanks for any information. Larry Mehl
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 6th 04 09:26 AM
by Ed Go to last post
11 6,120
LG telly default input by CD
My 83 year old dad had an ageing 32" CRT that he had got to grips with over the years that recently died. I stuck in a 42" LG, which he was over the moon with, into this was plugged his SD Sky box via scart (remember them) which cheerfully switched the telly to AV1 automatically. The Sky box started freezing so my brother put a spare Sky HD box on via HDMI, all was fine apart from him getting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 13 09:04 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_2_] Go to last post
21 6,017
UK FUEL by The Master[_2_]
Dear Friends, I have set up a petition about the ever rising fuel prices in the UK. Please add your name(s) and then send the link onto as many people as you can. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ukfuelcosts/signatures-1.html Kind Regards.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 6th 08 07:09 AM
by Tommy[_2_] Go to last post
214 5,976
Cavity Wall Cable Feed by Geoff Lane
I live in a property that has a cavity wall. If I want to feed some aerial cable through the double wall is there a suggestion or tool to get the cable through both walls. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 08 10:23 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
35 5,961
It's time to ban widescreen. by half_pint
Due to it's inherent lack of height a widesceen picture is tremendously wasteful in terms of energy usage and bandwidth. Typically half of the image displayed is wasted which means a widescreen TV uses approximately twice as much energy a more sensibly sizeed screen (4:3 for example). Also from a bandwidth point of view about twice as bandwidth is needed to display a given number of channels. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 2nd 06 08:04 AM
by Alan White Go to last post
295 5,837
Freeview signal quality all over the place by WCZ[_3_]
For about the last week or so I've been getting picture breakup and pops and squawks on Freeview. I've not checked all channels but the first dozen or so in the EPG have the same problem. As I was getting fed up with it last night I thought I'd have a poke around in the tele menus (Panny PZ80) and found the signal strength screen. Strength was 100% but the quality was fluctuating wildly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 12 03:16 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 5,767
Samsung UE32ES5500. by Rick[_10_]
I'm sorely tempted by this offer, especially as it comes with a five year warranty, does anyone here own one, if so what are your impressions? Samsung UE32ES5500 LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 32 Inch with Freeview HD. http://www.johnlewis.com/231559101/Product.aspx?s_kenid=12664bf5-c5b2-34c9-d35a-00003ceef6e3&s_kwcid=7x938005
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 12 08:13 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
18 5,767
OT Low Energy Light Bulb by David
Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer. -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 08 04:13 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
250 5,762
White Spaces!.... by tony sayer
Looks like more of the UHF broadcast band might be compromised;!... http://www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/docs/Cambridge%20White%20Spaces%20Tri al%20-%20technical%20findings-with%20higher%20res%20pics.pdf -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 13th 13 08:24 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
204 5,752
Tesco Techwood AEDTR80S7 Freeview PVR by David
Looks like these branded for Tesco to sell, are they sold under other names/model by others? I'm looking for Reviews on it. They very cheap wanting to know if rubbish. -- Regards, David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 08 08:44 PM
by Clive Page[_2_] Go to last post
12 5,740
Slow Humax PVR 9200 by Ivan
When I upgraded my Humax PVR 9200 (to a PVR 9300) I passed it on to my son and it has worked fine until a couple of days before the DSO here in the West region, since when it has now become so slow as to be virtually unusable, I appreciate that this isn't a new or unknown problem with this model, however does anyone know if there is a fix now available, or if there will be one arriving in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 5th 18 08:07 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
138 5,724
Eurosport on free-to-air digital satellite? by Bonge Boo!
Anyone know if you can get Eurosport on free-to-air digital satellite? Currently I have an old analog dish that gets Eurosport. I'm weighing up upgrading my aerial and getting a freeview box for digital terrestrial, or replacing the analog sat disk with a digi dish and decoder. The deal decider is Eurosport. I must have it, and I don't want to pay Murdoch for it. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 06 09:36 AM
by MJ Ray Go to last post
13 5,724
HD Freesat box reccomendations? by David WE Roberts[_3_]
I'm getting more and more ****ed of with our Bush HD Freesat box. It seems to get all arsey from time to time, possibly due to overheating, and then needs to have a nice rest in a quiet darkened room until it feels better. Witness previous queries about using an old Sky box as backup. I'm now wondering if it is worth replacing with something more modern (by a couple of years) possibly with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 12 11:21 PM
by Jim Go to last post
57 5,721
Analogue TV vs DTV Picture Quality -- which is best? by DAB sounds worse than FM
The reason I'm starting this thread is because of the following comment: "Ad Maybe you got crap analouge, my analouge is bright, clear and is far better than digital and that also means sky as well. Dominic Shields - No, quite the contrary, people have remarked on what a good analogue picture I had in the old days and I haven't removed that aerial, its just the huge improvement that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 1st 05 11:08 AM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
214 5,702