Post New Thread
Should I quit Virginmedia? by Lobster
I've been with VM for years now; currently we take TV (XL package) /phone (talk evening/weekends package alongside several 3rd party companies via a dialer box)/broadband (L package; 4 Mb) from them at a total cost of 49.45 GBP/month. I'm now thinking of changing this, driven by (a) a feeling that I'm paying too much overall and (b) family pressure to get access to Sky 1(!) which we lost...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 08 10:30 AM
by Carl Waring Go to last post
110 2,397
Build Your Own Dream City!!! =) by nadmin
Build Your Own Dream City!!! =) It's sort of like Sim City, but with a collaborative aspect--when you visit my town, more people come to live there. Please to be clicking'cause right now I'm having trouble to balance my industry, enviroment, transport and crime. If you build a town, post your link here, for the clicking! http://mestisyok.myminicity.com/tra
February 7th 08 04:42 AM
by nadmin Go to last post
0 210
Freeview and 3am by John Hatpin
My TV (which has a built-in Freeview tuner) switches half-on for a couple of minutes at about 3am. By "half-on", I mean it's on standby, it clicks, the green LED comes on, but the screen stays off, then it clicks again a couple of minutes later and goes back to sleep, like I should be at that time in the morning. Not a problem at all, but it's got me curious. Is it picking up the guide...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 03:14 AM
by Bill (Adopt) Go to last post
17 1,559
Easiest set-top box to use by Tony
My mother who is over 100 years old has decided that she would like to have digital TV. I plugged my own stb into the aerial system where she lives and was somewhat surprised to find a good signal on all the channels she is likely to want. So I'm looking for a box that shows only pre-selected "favourite" channels, accessed with the minimum number of key presses, has fairly large text on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 08 01:32 AM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
33 884
Doctor Who tops BBC iPlayer views by Agamemnon
The Times, January 15, 2008 More viewers are watching programmes on demand Adam Sherwin British viewers are abandoning the television schedules, creating a boom for programmes downloaded on demand, a survey has found. More than a third are now watching programmes on demand regularly through web media players, twice as many as last year, according to the annual Tiscali TV Trends report. More...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 08 11:05 PM
by Top Poster Go to last post
29 834
Virgin EPG auto-loads by default on terrestrial digital by FCS
Well, I am wondering if I can sue Virgin for a new Hi-Fi. Fortunately my speakers are stage monitors and cut-out if over-loaded and I resent the erosion of courtesy the US-style malicious-claim culture has led to here, so I shan't be. Anyone does, post here to keep us apprised though. Yes, that's right, Virgin have taken over the EPG for terrestrial digital television in some parts of the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 08 08:49 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
24 725
Flicker on Sony LCD TV by Agamemnon
I was in the Sony Centre and noticed that the Sony 1080 line LCD TV's flickered when displaying solid text, around the edges of the letters which were quite large. This was really annoying and suggests that these screens were displaying alternate frames at 50Hz in the same manner as a CRT and the pixels were not being held at a fixed level but were allowed to fade. Otherwise the set was...
February 6th 08 08:16 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
5 211
Rigger's diary: this week's absurdities (1) by Bill Wright
"I'm very sad that I won't be able to watch my films soon." "How do you mean?" "All my tapes, I love them. I've got all the old films. But they're switching it off. It's really not fair." I didn't speak. I thought hard. "I just watch them now and think, 'Well, I'll probably never see that one again'. I just wasn't up to speed with this. Holding my cup and leaning on the kitchen unit I decided...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 08 07:28 PM
by Peter Twydell Go to last post
88 1,989
Ofcom's HDTV plans "jeopardise" Freeview by Adrian
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a88432/ofcoms-hdtv-plans-jeopardise-freeview.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 08 07:06 PM
by Robin Faichney Go to last post
27 838
Freeview PVR questions by Ed
Hi there Spent a few days at the inlaws and explained to them the benefits of a PVR. They're not keen on getting a dish so I said I'd sort them out a freeview PVR. Every freeview decoder I've ever seen has a now and next banner, but not one where you can press 'down' a la sky plus to see what is on after that, and therefore to set a recording for later that evening you have to use the painfully...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 08 07:00 PM
by tim \(not at home\) Go to last post
46 1,436
SW Facing Dish by Geoff Lane
I am curious, one house close by to me has two dishes, one pointing the conventional SE direction (From London) but another pointing roughly South West. What would this be picking up. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 08 06:48 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
32 829
Freeview BBC 1 by Moo
I'm not getting any listings for BBC one on my freeview box (from tomorrow onwards). Usually shows 14 days in advance, all of the other channels appear ok and there's no signal problems etc. Last few days I've been getting a few 'program/film to be announced', but only on BBC 1, I put this down to the sport over the weekend and that it may alter times etc. Anyone else having trouble? My...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 08 06:21 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
14 648
Sharp TUR160HA for less than 100 by 'Nel'
Tesco are doing this PVR for 95 (ish) and I'm sorely tempted! But what I really need is a PVR that can record from an AV input as well as the twin tuners. I've searched on the internet, but can't get clarification with this model. Anyone know if it is possible on this machine, or know of another model that has this function?
February 6th 08 05:17 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
9 1,226
ANALOG by Bill Wright
You know that feeling when there's a lift and suddenly a lot of foreign stations appear all over the dial? Well, that's how I feel about this ANALOG thing that's suddenly appeared. When the fog lifts will it go away do you suppose? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 08 04:13 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
20 588
To Bin... or Not To Bin by Agamemnon
"Stephen Wilson" wrote in message ... "Agamemnon" wrote in message ... "Stephen Wilson" wrote in message ... "Agamemnon"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 08 03:09 PM
by john smith Go to last post
130 2,479
LCD HD TV - please help! by Neil Hindry
I wonder if you can help me. I am in the UK and looking to buy an LCD HD ready flat screen TV. I want one that has a digital tuner built in. I have noticed in a TV programme magazine that the BBC are starting to broadcast a small amount of programmes in HD. What I was wondering was, if I purchased an LCD HD ready TV with built in freeview, if I watched a programme that the BBC was...
February 6th 08 12:29 PM
by Robin Faichney Go to last post
9 379
Signal strength problems in Leeds recently by Patter
Just wondering if I'm alone in this, but for the last few weeks the signal strength on some Freeview channels (BBC1, 2, 3, 4 and occasionally FiveUS) has been too low to see a proper moving picture (just a broken still picture that sometimes updates). Other channels have been fine. Oddly enough it cleared up this weekend. -- Stephen Patterson :: :: http://patter.mine.nu/
February 6th 08 12:24 PM
by Patter Go to last post
0 882
Duff Pix by Weatherlawyer
The picture on the TV has just degraded to early Five standards. This is on terrestrial. What is going to happen when the buggers switch us all to digital? Total white-out?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 08 10:47 AM
by John Hall Go to last post
11 545
Maplins HDTV receiver? by Agamemnon
Does the Maplins "Fortec Star Passion" HDTV receiver have HDCP. There is no mention of it on the manufactures web site so will it be able to playback protected channels by bypassing the protection or won't it be able to play them back at all which is more likely? Also will it be able to be upgraded to be compatible with the Freesat EPG if it ever gets off the...
February 6th 08 10:07 AM
by David Hearn Go to last post
1 264
Channel4 and Five going FTA on Astra2? by Robert Wilson
Anyone any idea when? Cheers, Rob.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 08 10:01 AM
by Brian W Go to last post