Post New Thread
slightly OT? - Topfield PVR 4000, any good by Funker
Hi I'm looking for a second hand receiver to record the FTA channels on Astra 2D Until now I've just been using my trusty Panny DSB30 but would like the option of recording to harddisk. Bit of a paradox really considering the quality of offerings on TV is on the whole abysmal.
February 9th 08 07:53 PM
by Funker Go to last post
0 154
Anyone know what this might be? by Graham.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/sputnik.jpg The picture is awful I know, but it was the best I could do with my phone. its a shiny dome with three elements at the bottom at 45 deg, possibly ground-plane. The building is a care home, so a warden call system naturally comes to mind, but I am not totally convinced it is an aerial at all. --
February 9th 08 05:03 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
6 166
Auto-on - Panasonic TV / Thomson PVR by larkim
Sorry to anyone that reads this on digitalspy too.... I've just bought a new Panasonic LCD TV (TX32LMD70) which is paired up with my existing Thomson DHD4000 PVR. When used with my old TV, switching on the DHD4000 would bring the TV (Thomson TV) out of standby. Apparently this should happen with the Panasonic too, but it isn't doing. The manual (for the Panasonic TV) refers to this signal...
February 9th 08 03:51 PM
by larkim Go to last post
2 165
request by [email protected]
Dear Sir/Madam I am a student of Warsaw School of Economics. I write a master's thesis about a opinion on managers. I would like to ask you to fill in the survey (link below) by you and as many members of your group as possible. It will help me to write my thesis. It takes only up to 7 minutes to fill it in. The survey:
February 9th 08 01:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 178
the depths by Bill Wright
I encountered a no-name DTT box yesterday that would not receive the ch46 mux without an 18dB attenuator, and wouldn't receive the others with it. "How much did you pay for this box?" "Nowt pal. It were free wi' t' missus's mobile." Bill
February 9th 08 10:30 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
7 294
Freeview Playback doomed? by Paul D.Smith
All, Just got a Humax 9200 and had the time to start setting it up. It's just had the FTA Freeview Playback update but I know enough not to get too excited. So I try to record CSI on Five, 21:00 every Tuesday. Hurrah, it seems to have the FP start/end tags; boo it doesn't have FP series link. So now I have two options:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 9th 08 08:27 AM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
43 964
Promax demos by Bill Wright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goMxGMWeHDY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asyw9cfgUaI Bill
February 9th 08 02:20 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 178
Annoying VideoPlus by Geoff Lane
How does VideoPlus actually work. I've got a Philips PVR with VideoPlus, very often I miss the last minute or so of a program when I use the auto record function. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 08 09:10 PM
by William Go to last post
19 488
Toshiba Pixel Policy continued..... by tpow
further to my plight......and I started a new post because this could be vital to ALL buyers of new LCD TV's I phoned Toshiba UK today in my final attempt to determine why I (we) are the guilty parties when it comes to a stuck pixel not being considered faulty. Customer Service asked what the problem was, I told them Red Stuck pixel after approx 1 days use. Hold the line.............30...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 08 05:37 PM
by Scott Go to last post
11 366
It never ceases to amaze me... by Ed
....how ostensibly clever and successful people can be thick as **** when it comes to connecting TVs and DVD players together. I just had a conversation in the kitchen here at work with a very senior chap, who said he'd only just worked out how to record freeview onto DVD. I was curious to ask what he meant, and he said he had to leave the TV on all night!!!!! A brief chat discovered he had the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 8th 08 05:01 PM
by Tennant Stuart Go to last post
79 2,639
Many remotes makes... problems by Paul D.Smith
All, There are now two sets of postings on this NG about "dualing remotes". Both of these are in regard of "2 of the same manufacturer's products", however I'm close to having a clash between my Sanyo TV and Humax PVR (switching Humax channels in a certain mode also alters the Sanyo volume!). Anyone know what the manufacturers are doing about this? This is only going to keep getting worse...
February 8th 08 12:48 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
4 253
ANALOG RECEPTION IS SUPERIOR to digital non-reception by Larry Bud
On Jan 13, 10:17*am, SFTV_troy wrote: Old tale; new setting. *I purchased a Hisense Tuner off ebay, with the intent of giving it to my parents so they could receive DTV. *Well that was a horrible mistake. Post a link to the ebay item please...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 08 01:42 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 395
Tomorrow's TV by Ashley Booth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPHP0QkL130 -- Ashley For Windsor Weather see www.snglinks.com/wx
February 8th 08 01:11 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 183
ANALOG RECEPTION IS SUPERIOR to digital non-reception by SFTV_troy
On Jan 13, 10:17 am, SFTV_troy wrote: Old tale; new setting. I purchased a Hisense Tuner off ebay, with the intent of giving it to my parents so they could receive DTV. Well that was a horrible mistake. Long story short, here were the results using a directional, indoors antenna aimed towards Philadelphia (my parents say that gives the best results for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 11:10 PM
by SFTV_troy Go to last post
14 414
Sandy Heath DTT problems by Marky P
Is Sandy Heath undergoing any work at the mo? Lost a mux yesterday for a few minutes and it's just gone again today. Marky P.
February 7th 08 10:30 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
4 475
Pixel policy by tpow
is there one for new LCD TV's I bought new Toshiba 40XF355 which was delivered on Friday and gained one hot pixel over the weekend. I have asked the suppliers customer service to comment. I notice it every time now. dj
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 08 08:14 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
67 1,695
What a plonker by Dave Farrance
So that "Television Engineers bbs" has done it again. Spammed this group with a load of stuff from last year. I suspect that it's actually one of those email-harvesting sites that ask people to sign up to a "community" -- and that it has a "bulletin board system" that appears to be well-subscribed but is actually a disguised gateway to the Usenet system. It wouldn't be so bad if this guy could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 07:58 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
10 383
Control problem by Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot
Evening all, Sitting in front of me is a Philips 32PW6008-05 TV. It has a DVD player built in and we were given it recently by a relative who has bought a 42" monstrosity with a fuzzy picture (hah!). Underneath the 'new' TV is our Philips LX8000SA home cinema system. The problem is that both remote controls seem to want to operate both devices, which is getting irritating. When I press...
February 7th 08 06:49 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
7 259
Humax questions by Derek F
Received my first Humax 9200TB/320G on Tuesday. It practically set itself up and all seems good but one complaint and two questions. Complaint: Press instant record as a programme starts and if it has started a bit early it assumes that you are recording the programme that just ended and only records for a minute. Question 1: Can I make the display on the front panel brighter? Question 2: How do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 08 03:50 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
20 518
Check Out Dis Site For Free Movies Tv Shows N Games by [email protected]
Check Out Dis Site For Free Movies Tv Shows N Games http://360pad.co.uk/index.html
February 7th 08 12:47 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 184