Post New Thread
[OT] Braun RC wall clock and MSF time signal by Jon[_2_]
I've have a Braun RC wall clock for a few years and have had no problems with it until now. it has an LCD display which shows the current date and up to the leap day it was fine, but when it should have showed for the 1st of March it was showing , so I took the battery out for about 10 minutes and it reset to the pointer to the correct time but it now shows the date to be the 3rd of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 16 01:32 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
12 700
Oh dear me, another technical fault by Phi
The BBC blamed the "angle" of long-lens photographs for making the stunt appear closer to the Cenotaph than it actually was. However, images later revealed tyre marks surrounding the nearby women's memorial remembering the women who served in the Second World War. Chris Evans, Top Gear's new lead host, later apologised for the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 16 07:50 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 683
OT Carphone Warehouse by alan_m
I must commend the honesty of Carphone Warehouse in their latest advert We will rip you off unless you actually ask for a better deal. -- mailto: news {at} admac {dot] myzen {dot} co {dot} uk
March 13th 16 09:00 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
3 367
Trump's mouth by Bill Wright[_3_]
Is it just me, or does he have Mussolini's mouth, when he tries to look serious? Bill
March 13th 16 07:22 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 238
watch out by Woody[_5_]
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... The metal strap on my 100 five-year-old watch failed, so I took it to a shop that sells that make. A big posh shop.They took it in but after three months of me ringing them finally said they couldn't get the parts. Would I like to buy a new watch? They offered 5 for my old one. I declined...
March 13th 16 02:11 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
1 243
Tis the end of days ... Culture Secretary to end iPlayer "loophole" by madge
The culture secretary has vowed to end the iPlayer "loophole" soon, so those watching catch-up TV do not get "a free ride". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708623
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 16 04:08 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
74 1,319
Huge shift in Lip Sync BBC1 1900 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Several times over the last few weeks, when BBC1HD (108) goes into the One Show the lip sync is way out. It seems to be an effect of the ad, sorry trail, voice over. Anyone else see this? Solved by switching to 109 (BBC2SD) and back. Humax Foxsat HDR.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 16 02:39 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
11 445
Licensing the use of iPlayer catchup programs by Phi
The Beeb will have make all the listed programs available, where at the moment only about 30 per cent are playable. It looks as if all the american crap like (family guy etc.) takes up huge chunks of space, but is 'not available'
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 16 02:18 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
29 619
DS2 The seecond coming? by Brian-Gaff
So have they named a date when they will be making all our sd only boxes obsolete by doing a mass switchover. DS2 Son of DS or DS the sequal? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 16 01:08 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
10 374
Search BBC iPlayer for HTML5 content by Phi
answer is none......loads of rubbish in Flash Player though.
March 11th 16 09:59 PM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
9 500
[OT] Which smartphone to record meetings, consultations, etc? by Graham.[_13_]
On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 15:54:25 -0600, Les Cargill wrote: Graham. wrote: On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 08:54:52 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Chris wrote: nospam Wrote in message: In article , tlvp wrote:
March 11th 16 02:21 PM
by Graham.[_13_] Go to last post
0 204
ITV 3 on SKY blackout by Ron
While watching ITV 3 on SKY I've noticed that when the advert break starts and the sponsored by Viking ad comes on there is always a momentary break in the sound and a momentary black screen. Even the EPG vanishes if on. This happens all the time. Is it just my TV and Sky box or is this happening to others? I've also noticed when flicking through the channels that some channels appear...
March 11th 16 07:52 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 279
why do women think we can hear them through walls? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why is it? You can be two rooms away with the telly and the chip pan on and they'll issue some instruction and expect you to hear what they're on about. Then when you don't they get the hump. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 16 11:01 AM
by Davey Go to last post
25 603
Interesting ITV+1 Subtitles by Davey
The local evening news tonight was most confusing, the subtitles came on 15 seconds before the spoken word. I have seen plenty of mis-coordination, but this was exceptional. -- Davey.
March 10th 16 10:50 AM
by Davey Go to last post
7 374
killing the bass (was 'some sort of tone control') by Bill Wright[_3_]
OK, well, putting a capacitor in series with the audio feed worked. Thanks to everyone who responded. I knew the basic idea but I assumed that such a simple solution would be too crude. I have a box of misc capacitors from wayback. Damned if I can remember the colour codes and how they work. A google session has confused me further. The caps that give the right amount of bass cut are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 16 09:14 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
14 404
some sort of tone control? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Thanks everyone for the comments about connecting one audio source to two amplifiers. Yes it works fine! But there's another problem. The little wall-mounted audio units seem (without blowing the dust off my scope) to have a response that goes almost down to DC. The audio is very bass-heavy and boomy, and any LF vibration such as someone walking about on the floor above overloads the amp and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 16 09:04 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
13 424
Aljazeera SD by Paul Ratcliffe
On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 22:44:17 GMT, Johnny B Good wrote: BTW, has anyone heard of a definite date or time scale till "DSO 2"? It hasn't been announced, so no-one can have heard of it. It's a bit of an old-fashioned question.
March 8th 16 09:14 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
1 225
Channel 5 HD Licenced for Freeview by Ian
Http://www.a516digital.com/2016/02/channel-5-hd-gets-freeview-licence.ht ml -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 8th 16 09:59 AM
by pamela Go to last post
35 1,151
how to split audio by Bill Wright[_3_]
I have a series of mikes with built-in pre-amps. These feed 'standard audio' into a recording device. I want to feed some of the mikes into two separate recording devices. How do I split the audio? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 5th 16 03:29 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
24 609
Winter? by Davey
The Beeb has announced that the long cold winter in the South is about to end. Umm, excuse me, I still haven't seen winter here in East Anglia, in fact, I'm still waiting for last Summer. Are they on a different planet to us? Or does living in Salford distort the view? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 5th 16 10:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
75 1,234