Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Equivalent wi-fi dongle for Panasonic Blu-Ray by Jon Dennington[_2_]
Hi, please can someone confirm an equivalent USB wi-fi dongle for a Panasonic DMP-BDT110, rather than the expensive own brand? TIA Vigman PS I see that there are no equivalents for the Sony Blu-rays 8(((
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 11 09:06 AM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
11 6,908
Sky Remote control codes for JVC TV? by Brian W
Does anyone have the codes for a JVC TV so I can program my Sky remote? And can anyone remind me how to do it as I've forgotten?!! Thanks
September 16th 07 06:15 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
2 6,898
Drax (TOT) by Bill Wright
Other discussions have touched on the Drax protest. I just thought I ought to pass on something from this morning's paper. "Their campaign against CO2 is is a vehicle for a much more radical political agenda, however. "Our movement is based on questioning the whole basis of economic growth" said Robbie Madden . . ." So there we have it, they've admitted it. The environmental bandwagon...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 16th 06 01:34 AM
by g.harman Go to last post
224 6,882
Freesat 109 started. by David
Now getting a caption on 108 saying BBC1 HD staring tonight and BBC HD now 109. Indeed it is transmitting BBC HD on 109 Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 10 08:31 AM
by Jerry[_3_] Go to last post
294 6,837
Plans for Sky's unused spectrum at 28.2 East? by Stephen
Band C (10950 to 11200 MHz) is empty at Sky's 28.2 orbital position, and although it could provide dozens of HDTV channels, none of Sky's present 4 satellites can use it. Astra 2C could "move in" but it has a Europe wide beam and surely the BBC and ITV, 4 and 5 would much prefer another "spot-beam" like Astra 2D for future expansion of Free to Air services like ITV HD. Will they move Astra 2C...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 08 09:09 PM
by ~consul Go to last post
278 6,744
OT - All DAB receivers to be obsolete - DAB is dead by DAB sounds worse than FM
DAB has adopted the AAC+ audio codec and stronger error correction coding: http://www.worlddab.org/upload/uploaddocs/WorldDMBPress%20Release_November.pdf Ignore the spin in the article about the UK not switching to using AAC+ - we will switch to using the AAC+ codec, and all existing DAB receivers will eventually be made obsolete. Receivers that support the new DAB standard will come on sale...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 06 10:09 AM
by AD C Go to last post
265 6,725
Sony Bravia KDL-37EX503: Labels for inputs? by Maurice Batey[_2_]
Recently I saw a 32" Sony Bravia that had a facility for labelling the various input selections on the 'Inputs' menu (e.g. HDMI-1="SAT", HDMI-2="DVD"), but on the 37" Bravia I can't find any such facility. Anyone know if it can be found and where, please? -- /\/\aurice (Retired in Surrey, UK) (Replace "nomail.afraid" by "bcs" to reply by email)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 9th 12 09:37 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
25 6,675
DTT spectrum analyser program by John Legon
I've been working on a program which gives a graphical display of signal strengths and qualities for the DVB-T muxes across the UHF broadcast band, from channel 21 to 60 (and beyond). The program will also display the strengths of other signals resulting from the "digital dividend". The program should work with all BDA-compatible devices, but I've only tested it with my Nova-T stick and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 12 02:43 PM
by John Legon Go to last post
99 6,623
Sound but no picture on LCD TV...help! by Only Me
Hi I've got a 4 year old Bush (OK, you can stop laughing now!) LCD TV. Up to now, everything's been great with it. However, now we can only get sound and no picture at all...the screen just stays black. Does this signal the end of its life or is it possible it can repaired at a reasonable cost? Thanks. Jaqy
October 15th 07 08:05 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
4 6,618
Power trips at same time of morning by Roger
Do either Sky or Humax boxes power up at the same time in the small hours to grab updates? Both our sky boxes are connected to the internet so I presume they no longer download programs overnight but our power trips at almost exactly the same time (around 0415) every 10-14 days or so. I have isolated the main suspects (underfloor tile heating on a timer) and the power still trips so the only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 14 03:09 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
400 6,569
e-Motion TVs anyone? by Roger Mills
My local Sainsburys have got this 26"TV/DVD combo with USB recording feature on offer for 200. http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/televisions/119758222_emotion_26_hd_ready_digital_lcd_tvdvd_combo_with_usb_record_and_4gb_key.html?hnav=4294960182 I'm tempted to get one for my holiday home, but have never heard of the brand. Made in Slovakia, apparently. Have any of you bought one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 12 07:38 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
12 6,567
Freeview channels (LCN) changing? by Paul D.Smith
All, According to http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html it seems that quite a few Freeview channels are changing on October 18. Thanks for tellings us - not! Paul DS. -- Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 05 08:37 PM
by Andereida Go to last post
22 6,554
Patientline by Doug Paulley
I had the misfortune of spending more time in hospital last week. As such I was subjected to the Patientline "TV". I decided to do a little investigation. It's a bizarre setup: for some reason, with it's 4:3 screen, it still has pillarboxing; black strips both left and right, on all channels. Why, I wonder? http://www.kingqueen.org.uk/2.jpg And even though it's an LCD panel, it's very...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 27th 08 03:42 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 6,443
DAB aerial? FM aerial recommendation please by David WE Roberts[_3_]
Radio reception here is not sparkling, but I do have a couple of FM tuners with my audio kit. We also have a portable DAB radio, and are thinking of getting a new radio for the kitchen which may be DAB. Previously I installed an FM radio aerial when I instaled the new TV aerial. Probably will again, so I would welcome a suggestion as to the current best FM aerial. Is it worth installing a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 2nd 12 02:32 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
231 6,374
OT No more wind farms on land. by Java Jive[_2_]
Didn't spot this before ... On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:22:15 +0100, Andy Champ wrote: I didn't say it was infinite. It's worth a few centuries though, which ought to give us time to do something else. A few centuries? On what figures are you basing this? To us, who have no indigenous supply of nuclear fuel, nuclear power is barely
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 12 11:38 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
344 6,267
Loss of picture colour not teletext or channel indicator by SHook
Hello, Wonder if anyone can tell me if the problem i have can be fixed easily or should I just ditch the tv and buy another one? I have Sony Trinitron KV-X2552U tv. Unfortunately and suddenly the colour picture will become black and white, maybe for a few seconds or usually for a couple of hours. Occasionally if you turn the tv off and on again (either remote or on the tv) the colour picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 07 11:58 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
12 6,204
Alba 19" LED TV/DVD by David
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5297564.htm?mvt=HP1_main1a#pdpFullProductInformation Anyone got or seen one of these? I'm wanting to know if it has a 12volt input, ie. fed by a 240v transformer as I'm after one for use in a caravan at 12volt. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 17th 12 09:10 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
26 6,158
Trying to align a satellite dish? by Mick.
Hi all, I have bought at B&Q a Ross High Definition Satellite Kit, 22300HD-R It is for Freesat but other Satellites can be tuned. Can anyone help with how to get it aligned enough to register the signal strength to start with.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 9th 10 04:02 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
33 6,047
subtitles by allan
Just bought a new Technika Tv from Tesco and when I go to any channel there is subtitles showing.There is a way of stopping them but when channel is changed they come back again so it is a case of getting rid of them every time channel is changed.I have been on to tesco help but they just put me through all I have already tried myself and my cordless phone gave up before we got finished.My...
May 8th 08 09:19 AM
by allan Go to last post
4 6,011
BBC HD vs ITV1 HD by David
Watched my first movie in HD from ITV1, well first 15 mins. not my type of film. Not seen any on ITV1 before because they do not do much HD. It was a really good picture quaulity most impressed. Only seen BBC HD before and could not tell difference from SD. What are the BBC doing 'wrong' or differently? Will the BBC improve? -- Regards, David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 09 07:42 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
299 5,976