Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
It's a classic! by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inadequate wall bracket, extra attempted fixing onto the bargeboard, two masts joined using a bit of tube and two exhaust clamps, guy wires fixed to thin metal strips screwed to the wall. It's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 13 10:31 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
123 2,473
BSB Squariels by Robert Whiteley
I've spotted 2 houses near me with a Squariel on them (I assume from BSB, but have not been close enough to read anything, and I'm guessing nobody else used squariels?). Does anyone know if they could still be in use? Obviously not for BSB, but for something else, maybe not even TV related? Or have the homeowners just been too busy/lazy for the last 12(?) years to take them down?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 3rd 03 06:31 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
24 2,471
8 Tescos now selling digiboxes [Was: Getting free channels after cancelled Sky Subs] by Moldy
Or, if you live near one of 6 select branches of Tesco, you can walk in and buy a brand-new Sky digibox for GBP113. See uk.tech.sky for details. Is there a list of the six branches anywhere as I can only find messages saying there are 6, none listing them... OK, just phoned tescos and there are now 8 stores selling the digiboxes:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 04 02:06 PM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
30 2,465
BBC/ITV FreeSat - will this be any different from FreeSatFromSky? by Dave
I understood that the BBC and ITV were going to launch their own free sat package sometime "early" this year: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4221722.stm I was going to wait until this service was launched before getting my parents digital satellite TV (as they live in a non-freeview area and have a widescreen TV). Does anyone know when this service will launch Will this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 06 10:46 AM
by Zero Tolerance Go to last post
157 2,464
TV aerial signal strength meter for freeview by garbageguy
I know there is a built in meter on most box's, but it would be easier if i could hook up a small length of coax to my aeriel and see if its pointed in the right direction, just like they do when installing Sky. Is there a cheap meter that will do this, from say Maplin? I live in Cleveleys, Lancs and am tuned into Winter hill, I went on the roof and replaced my existing aeriel with a digital...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 06 05:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 2,462
Another retune? by Davey
SWMBO, who watches a lot more TV than I do, reports that she has been seeing warnings recently about another re-tune being needed this week. We receive from Tacolneston. Is she right, and if so, what's this one for? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 26th 12 04:18 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
85 2,461
Adverts for dogs? by Allan[_2_]
I see that Bakers have produced an advert for their dog food which uses sounds above 18kHz to attract dogs to look at the TV. Presumably they hope that owners will think the dogs are trying to tell them how much they like the food. Apparently the first airing of the advert will be during Emmerdale tonight. Does the transmitted audio bandwidth extend this high? Even if it does, I wonder how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 12 12:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
79 2,460
FM - Switchover by John[_22_]
Would it be short sighted to buy a stereo system that does not have DAB?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 15th 09 11:22 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
95 2,453
tv coax plugs by Stephen[_4_]
Hello, I know to use f plugs wherever possible but I need a coax plug to connect at the back of the tv. I had a quick look on the CPC web site but they sell aluminium plugs, nickel plated zinc plugs, and plated brass plugs. Are they all the same or is one better than the others? Thanks, Stephen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 15 03:34 PM
by Davey Go to last post
62 2,449
Aerial costs? by Carpy
Found a few interesting pages regarding aerial costs etc. Read the comments at the bottom of the pages too. I don't understand how some of these installers can claim to offer a new aerial installation with an amplifier for 65? http://www.whatprice.co.uk/prices/household/tv-aerial-install.html http://www.whatprice.co.uk/howi/freeview_aerial.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 19th 08 08:14 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
82 2,444
TOT moorland fires and turbines by Bill Wright[_2_]
I've seen a few news items about the moorland fires, and in each case the wind turbines in the background have been stationary, despite the obvious wind. I wonder why? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 11 12:03 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
84 2,431
BBC HD critised in The Independent by Grappler[_2_]
BBC criticised over HD picture quality. By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent Broadcaster accused of stifling complaints after TV shows lose their sharpness The BBC's high-definition (HD) television service has lost its pin-sharp pictures, viewers are claiming. Hundreds of complaints have been posted online saying that broadcasts
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 16th 09 04:53 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
84 2,429
How Good is Freeview Audio Quality by Davy[_2_]
I have a Sony Triniton stereo CRT TV which has pretty good audio and have recently acquired a Humax 9200 PVR which has audio outputs. I am wondering about getting a mid- prices stereo system to feed the audio into. How good is the audio on Freeview transmissions. Can it drive a woofer? How would Radio 3 sound? Davy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 08 04:13 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
119 2,422
Powerpoint iin the loft? by Bazzer Smith
I just bought a Freecom USB DDTV stick so I can watch (and record) DDTV on my PC, however as my reception/(signal strength) is not too good I had to buy a signal booster as well as I have to split the signal, it is one of those ones you plug in to the mains so I used it in the 'living room' where both the TV and PC are. It seems to work find, however I an not too sure if the picture(s) are a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 26th 06 12:21 AM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
118 2,422
Best HD widescreen LCD TV for 600ish ? by Kev
The main goal is for a good HD image like you see in the in-store demos. The ones that have people gawping at HD footage of mundane things LOL. The minimum screen size is 26" and it needs to be wall mountable. The LG RZ-27LZ55 looks ok but it doesn't seem to have an HDMI connector. Is this essential ? How about this 32" LG...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 06 10:54 PM
by Kev Go to last post
16 2,419
Problems with three Freesat stations. by David[_9_]
I'm getting in the green signal quality on all my Freesat channels except for three of them, 119, 145 and 200. 119 ITV HD and 145 Challenge I get nothing at all and they are unlocked. 200 BBC News HD is very badly broken up and intermittent, one moment green quality and locked then next moment nothing and un locked. I think dish is aligned ok as any movement puts the lesser know stations...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 30th 14 01:24 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
41 2,417
ITV4 Tour de France by Rob Gibson[_2_]
ITV4 7pm Freeview: How can they broadcast such an appalling picture? It's truly dreadful. I've complained, but I know it won't make any difference. Sorry - probably preaching to the converted!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 21st 12 01:37 PM
by Ian Go to last post
48 2,411
Reliable make of tv? by Hugh Newbury
I have a friend who is going to buy a tv soon -- prolly at Comet/PCWorld/etc. Which *maker* has the most reliable tv's, so she doesn't have to rely the 'advice' of the sales people? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 1st 10 03:40 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
59 2,410
Copy from a Humax PVR to a PC by Petert
A little off topic, but I thought I would try this NG to ask: Is it possible to copy a radio programme that has been recorded onto a Humax PVR to a PC using the USB port found behind the flap at the front of the Humax? -- Cheers Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 08 08:29 PM
by Fred X Go to last post
19 2,408
Is the Flat-Screen Telly a bit of a con? by Horovan
I watch TV on a Philips Pixel-Plus I CRT television bought in 2004 for about 1000....at the same time it was married to a Panansonic TU-CT20 Freeview box and the pictures have always been absolutely superb for colour , contrast and above all detail.....I have yet to see in any store and I have looked a lot or in the homes of my friends with a Freeview or Sky signal,anything be it plasma or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 07 10:24 PM
by Turkey Cough Go to last post
96 2,408