Post New Thread
Aerial RF connections over long distances by Andrew Hodgson[_2_]
Hi, Sorry if this is a bit off topic. I have a CCTV system installed at the top of a bell tower connected wirelessly to a unit in a room below the bells. This connects then through an RCA cable to the television. We are wanting to provide the same signal simultaneously to a television downstairs in the church. We have estimated that we will need 22M of
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 19th 11 09:44 AM
by Andrew Hodgson[_2_] Go to last post
22 569
Feedback and BBC Radio off Freeview in Scotland by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
The removal of many BBC Radio stations from "Freeview" "in the evening" sic was mentioned in the R4 Feeback Programme yesterday. So now might be a good time for anyone with views on the matter - and the way the 'consultation' and decision were made and implimented - to send their comments to feedback at the BBC. BTW If you want to check what was said using 'listen again' it was at about the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 18th 11 07:10 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 673
Built in Freesat TV sets a failure? by David
http://www.freesat.co.uk/products/hd-tv-range Seems only Panasonic brand and each one only one source of each model Tesco or Dixon group. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 11 01:41 PM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
30 1,543
Wireless adapter for Panasonic telly? by Lighthouse
Hi all, My Dad's got a late 2009 model Panasonic 32" full HD set with both freeview & freesat built in. At the back of the set there's a standard network socket to take a normal RJ45 UTP network lead. His ADSL router is upstairs and his carpets are fixed down, so unfortunately there's no way that I can run a network lead to the set and he can't access the iPlayer feature as a result.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 18th 11 12:36 PM
by Lighthouse Go to last post
23 873
Holst and a Headache by Albert Ross
I have to admit the Royal Wedding was pretty excellently done, proof that the BBC can still do technical excellence when it wants to. Did anyone else watch a recent programme on BBC4 about Gustav Holst? It was very interesting, I didn't know much about him, unlike Vaughan Williams and Cecil Sharp, and only really knew The Planets. The programme was made up of current interviews and concert...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 11 11:07 AM
by Norman Wells[_5_] Go to last post
65 1,051
digital switchover by Geoff Pearson
What do they do in the two weeks between Steps 1 and 2? It seems a clunky way of doing the job - bet they didn't do that in other countries (we seem to be amongst the last)..
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 11 11:03 AM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
222 2,868
Sony probs since switchover by gordon Sinclair
The Craigkelly transmitter has had the first retune and I seem to be having problems with Sony gear. A recordable DVD will tune in the channels but when turned off, it loses just BBC1 & 2. A Sony 22" puts a lot of the channels in the 800s. I also had a Grundig receiver that wouldnt pick up the BBC channels even on a manual retune. All these were under 2 years old. I can only hope that the next...
June 17th 11 10:25 PM
by Mike Tomlinson[_2_] Go to last post
8 202
New HD Channel? by Rick[_10_]
Apologies if this is old news and I've missed it, but this evening I noticed an extra HD channel in the EPG of my Technomate TM-5402 satellite receiver, the dog in the left hand corner is 'S TV' the EPG ID is 3855 and the frequency is 10.936 V / 22.000, the programmes are in English as are the ads.
June 17th 11 08:51 AM
by Silk Go to last post
8 216
Edinburgh digital by wulfit
What a waste of time. Edinburgh did it's second switchover today and I lost about a dozen channels, and not an HD channel in sight. I'd rather go back to the old system. Being totally non-technical about it makes it difficult.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 11 08:33 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
31 713
Channel duplication between DSO 1 and 2 by Richard Tobin
I had not previously noticed that in the two-week period between DSO stages, some channels are transmitted on two different multiplexes by the same transmitter. Some of the BBC channels continue to be transmitted on old MUX B even though they are also transmitted (at higher power) on the new BBC A. Black Hill is currently in this state ( http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=NS828647 ) Why do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 11 08:38 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 315
TV aerial interference in line of sight? by David WE Roberts[_2_]
Our row of houses is more or less aligned towards the transmitter at Sudbury. So if you line up an aerial it is likely to be more or less directly behind another one on the next house, if you use the equivalent fixing point. Minimum distance is probably 30 feet or so. I have a couple of easy(ish) options which don't involve getting up the top of a very high chimney. One sits behind the next...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 11 07:07 AM
by Doctor D Go to last post
34 889
The inevitable has happened -- ITV 3D by J G Miller[_3_]
King of Sat lists a new TV station "ITV 3D" http://en.kingofsat.NET/detail-itv3d.php orbital position : 28,2° East satellite : Astra 2B transponder : 14 transmission : DVB-S mode : QPSK
June 15th 11 06:24 PM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
2 288
Universal remotes by Graham.
Carrying on from a common theme of the last two threads about the merits of integrated tuners vs. set-top boxes, it seems to me that what is needed is manufactures to use a common protocols for remote control so that universal remote handsets will work out of the box, making separate bits of equipment virtually integrated. This can't possibly be a new concept, so why no progress? -- Graham.
June 15th 11 11:28 AM
by Jim Go to last post
7 265
DSO Stage One - my experiences by Scott[_2_]
WARNING - no technical person should read this. I have only posted it to be helpful to anyone caught out as I was. We had our Digital Switchover Stage One on Wednesday (Blackhill, Central Scotland). I got home on Friday and retuned my Sony Bravia set. Presumably because of the increased power of adjacent transmitters (Darvel?) my Sony picked up the stations three times. However it detected...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 14th 11 11:50 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
25 644
Quick iPlayer Desktop query by David WE Roberts[_2_]
Baffled as usual. Didn't watch the Candian Grand Prix as we had a guest. Thought I'd download it today instead. Now I have iPlayer Desktop on my PC which is supposed to let me download programs in slow time then watch them off my local hard drive. The Grand Prix is in two parts on the BBC iPlayer website. Part 2 is available.
June 14th 11 11:24 AM
by David WE Roberts[_2_] Go to last post
7 193
Freesat no central east? by Tony[_15_]
Just got a freesat system installed but cannot access my local itv region (central e). Anyone know why? Can get central west without a problem. Thanks Tony
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 11 06:54 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
13 440
e-motion tv's by [email protected]
Logik, UMC, e-motion, Technika all made in Slovakia. Company is UMC which is an offspring of a Taiwanese outfit. Sainsbury actually list Slovakia in the specification. The old Chechoslavakia were well know for their quality rifles etc so I would say they are probably able to deliver a degree of quality.
June 10th 11 11:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 740
Weird effect on Humax Foxsat HDR by Dickie Mint
Came back home after few days away, visiting B-in-L after his heart op, to find that the Humax Freesat HDR had coped with the DVB-S2 change BUT three recordings made on Tuesday came up with AD as the selected audio : Holby City BBC1 HD Secret Seas BBC HD Lead Balloon BBC HD. Had to select them back to ordinary audio. weird!
June 10th 11 02:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 198
Freesat BBC 108 and 109 by David
"No Signal" this morning, when do we expect transmission to restart? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 11 01:24 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
15 389
Digital vs HD by wulfit
I know little about this subject, but as far as I can tell, HD is a subset of digital - it's possible to have digital without HD but not the other way around. I have seen some HD TV and the clarity is amazing compared with alleged digital programs - some of them seem little different from the previous high quality analogue programs. I live in central Scotland, where there was a switchover...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 8th 11 08:47 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
29 565