Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-October/006240.html quote The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so search and PVR functions no longer work. There is no programme information to cache, and it was the cache that supported search and PVR functions. There is no fix available at this time. You can still download individual programmes via PID or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 14 04:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
206 8,825
Digitising Vinyls (OT for uk.tech.digital-tv) by Java Jive[_2_]
Regulars will recall that I've been digitising all my ACs, MDs, and vinyls. I've almost completely finished this now, and as I've made some discoveries which I at least found interesting, I'll put them on record, before they are forgotten ... First a reminder of the general situation ... In various posts June 2011, Java Jive wrote: I still have some audio recordings in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 6th 12 02:52 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
508 8,754
TV Aerial Alignment Calculator by Java Jive
I've now got a more sophisticated version of the TV Aerial Alignment Calculator up and running. There's a transmitter list with aerial heights (and potentially a more complete one with lots of other info not yet used), 60% and 100% Fresnel zones, and the curvature of the earth: http://www.macfh.co.uk/Test/UKTerrestrialTVTest.html The biggest long term need is for directional information,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 26th 09 09:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
54 8,626
You and Yours by Bill Wright
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ly564/You_and_Yours_14_08_2009/ I'm surprised that you hounds haven't leapt upon this and devoured it. Go to the 47 minute point and marvel at the sheer bloody cheek of the bloke, telling the most outrageous lies about DAB and FM. A total morass of misinformation. What the chuff is a '25 adaptor'? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 09 12:43 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
241 8,606
TCM on Freeview? by John Silver[_2_]
Speaking to a friend in Scotland recently who said that she had been watching Gone With The Wind that afternoon. Later I looked up our TV guide and could only find that it had been on TCM that afternoon. She is not technically minded and had her STB fitted by the changeover team and has an old loft aerial.Other times she has commented that she keeps on finding horse racing flicking through...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 18th 13 10:13 PM
by John Silver[_2_] Go to last post
29 8,491
Humax Remote with on/off and volume for TV? by Dave Farrance
Every time I switch on the TV and Humax 9200T PVR, I need to juggle two remotes. The TV's remote for on/off and volume, and the Humax remote for the channel and its other functions. I see from Google-shopping that there's quite a range of Humax replacement remotes. Does anybody know if one of them can be programmed with the TV's code to control the TV's on/off and volume?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 12 10:00 PM
by mcp[_2_] Go to last post
24 8,466
asda freeview by [email protected]
Just got the Durabrand CG5660-M freeview box, and everything works fine except that when you put it in standby mode overnight, it won't come out of standby. You can pull out the power supply and reconnect, but then it loses all its settings. Leaving the unit on seems to be the only way to overcome this. Thanks for any suggestions
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 6th 06 10:25 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
35 8,414
Petition to stop FM being switched off by DAB sounds worse than FM[_2_]
There's a 10 Downing St petition to stop FM/AM being switched off: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/AM-FM-Radio/ Please sign. Thanks. -- Steve - www.savefm.org - stop the BBC bullies switching off FM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 3rd 09 12:39 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
449 7,923
No DAB reception in cars near BBC Television Centre! by Ian Jackson[_2_]
BBC R4 Today Programme (8:24am) have just demonstrated that you can't get R4 DAB on a car radio near the West London BBC Television centre. However, FM was fine! Interesting discussion afterwards. It's worth a Listen Again (when available). -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 24th 09 04:57 PM
by Richard Evans[_2_] Go to last post
318 7,849
website builders' newsgroup by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know of a sensible website builders' newsgroup that my 84 year old uncle could join? He's very interested in website building but continues to have a few basic problems that I feel sure a knowledgeable group could help with from time to time. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 8th 13 10:41 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
360 7,784
Routing co-ax down stud partition wall by Slider
Hi I will be mounting my small LCD tv on my bedroom wall (stud partition). I am wanting to get some co-ax cable from the loft, down through the stud partition wall to exist directly behind the tv. What is the best way of getting the cable down the stud wall?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 08 08:18 AM
by Slider Go to last post
34 7,696
Mysterious bleeps night and morning by Derek F[_3_]
Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30. I assumed that they were coming from the computer and at first thought it was coming from the BIOS or from some program that sounded an alarm. Not finding any reason for it I turned the computer off just before the time but the bleeps continued.. I had also found that it also beeped at 7.30am. When the clocks changed in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 13 10:17 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
366 7,684
TV/DVD combi with Freesat? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Customer wants a 32" or similar TV/DVD combi with Freesat HD built-in. Anyone ever seen such a beast? Bill
April 25th 13 11:52 PM
by Ian Go to last post
6 7,645
Those were the days! by Rick[_10_]
Hard to believe, but once upon a time Britain actually sold TV Equipment to Japan... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11815200/pye1%20%281142%20x%201686%29.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 11 10:32 AM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
505 7,498
Full HD by Mal Travers
This phrase appears in adverts for many TV's. Does the phrase mean that when HD comes to an area that the TV will receive it via their suitable aerial. Friends bought this bought this one from House of Fraser. http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Toshiba+32BV701B+LCD+TV/165318435,default,pd.html The HD channel numbers were evidently not found. When they go to BBC1 or BBC2 a reference to DVB T CH 52...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 12 07:12 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
71 7,354
DVB Aerial by Trevor[_3_]
I use freeview in my truck on a little portable but the aerial I have is only a small mag mount thingy and reception isnt the best. There is an aerial for sale on ebay NV 536 96db Car TV Antenna (item no 120539720437) which is quite expensive at £50+ anyone give me a clue if its worth the money? Ta trev
March 8th 10 03:02 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
8 7,241
1 in 6 people don't watch BBC TV by DAB sounds worse than FM
From the BBC Annual Report: http://www.bbcgovernors.co.uk/annreport/report06/bbcannualreport.pdf (6.1 MB) page 33: % of individuals that watch (weekly reach) the following: BBC Television = 85.3% (86.6% in 2005)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 06 11:51 PM
by Alex Go to last post
471 7,042
Widescreen TV's a major contributor to the Global Warmigg Crisis. by Lord Turkey Cough
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/29/1182624165361.html About time they were, like smoking ,banned. LTC.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 07 04:23 PM
by The Magpie Go to last post
457 7,038
terminology by Bill Wright
I've got used to the fact that when a customer says 'analogue' they probably mean 'terrestrial'. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 08 07:01 PM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
297 7,035
How am I going to be able to use my VHS recorders when digital is forced on us? by Alan Holmes
At present I have two video recorders which I use for recording two different programmes at the same time, especialy when I'm out at the times they are being broadcast. I undersatnd that set top boxes are available for use with conventional TVs, but how will that help me record differet programmes at the same time? -- Alan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 9th 05 02:19 PM
by G Hardy Go to last post
259 7,015