Post New Thread
BBC News CHannel 107 by Pinnerite
This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al Jazeera) Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace. Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an explanation anywhere. -- Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.114-desktop-1.mga5 KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 28th 18 06:09 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
34 264
Blackhill return confusion by Scott[_2_]
I would ask a similar question to Max about Blackhill. At the moment COM7 and COM8 are on channels 32 and 35. Will these be moving up to the mid fifties, and if so why if they are clearing the top part of the band? Will the frequencies be the same as Crystal Palace to create a single frequency network (with other transmitters involved also of course!)? What are my prospects of getting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 18 03:38 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
23 184
The BBC have (22 hours ago) screwed GIP's search functions yetagain! by Johnny B Good[_2_]
Pretty well as per the subject: I can still download by pid but it's now quite obvious that the Beeb has done something that neutralises the last GIP work around to previous similar show stopping changes. This change appears to have happened around about 2am today (Thursday the 22nd of March 2018 for the record). I'd noticed the problem earlier this afternoon trying to fetch a couple of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 25th 18 12:18 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
18 139
Dressing drama sets with tech by Adrian Caspersz
I regularly watch Holby (er, shoot me now...). They seem to have bought in the guys who dress up the shop displays in Ikea. Some time ago I noticed a Shuttle 'cube' PC case, sitting lost on a bookcase - no monitor, no keyboard. Perhaps it's a midi hifi system? Last week, Guy Henry's character (a pedantic swede of taste for things exact and expensive) placed, horror of horrors, a stylus upon...
March 24th 18 03:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 87
retune xtal Pallace on non hd by Brian Gaff
I can confirm that we have lost no sd channels as yet here on my old goodmans box. However the remote control for this box has failed in that its setting off random buttons like the up and down channel selector or the on and off button. This does make it somewhat odd to use. I'm sure the makers of remote controls make them out of crap. Brian --
March 24th 18 03:09 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 95
Crystal Palace retune confusion by Max Demian
See: https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/freeview-changes-in-london-21st-march.html This morning, I couldn't receive COM7 or COM8 at all, so I retuned. According to the web page, COM7 (e.g. Channel 4+1 HD) is changing from UHF 33 to 55. Actually it's now 32. Also, COM8 (e.g. CBeebies HD) is changing from UHF 35 to 56. Actually it's now 34.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 18 11:45 AM
by Dave W Go to last post
38 630
snowy picture by Bill Wright[_3_]
When we had analogue TV and the signal to noise ratio was poor we would say the picture was snowy. When we had satellite TV with FM video and the signal to noise ratio was poor we would say the picture had sparklies. They were white or black. You had to tune the receiver to the midpoint where the white and black were about the same intensity. On modern HD CCTV snow can look like sparkles....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 23rd 18 07:47 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
23 177
Weather warnings by Scott[_2_]
Why do they use yellow and amber, which seem to me to be very similar? Should they not choose colours that are totally dissimilar, as with electrical cables? Anyone with a visual impairment could be confused.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 18 08:01 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
108 402
Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8 by [email protected]
Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D. Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD). Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31 received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD). --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 18 11:55 PM
by Brian Gregory[_2_] Go to last post
11 253
Disabling Unused Analogue TV Tuners - Samsung by Adrian C
Friends have just bought a new Samsung LCD television. (Series 4, LE32B450). Nice picture. I've noticed a little problem with it's builtin tuner setup. It has both analogue and digitial tuners arranged so that if ye press "1" for BBC1 you first get the digital (DTV) BBC service, and then if ye press "1" a second time, you get the analogue (ATV) BBC service. Sometimes it's showing ATV first,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 19th 18 11:28 AM
by Phi Go to last post
27 17,653
Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You ToWatch Anything For Free! by Java Jive[_2_]
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-with-these-cable-replacing-gadgets/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0N7SiPnu2QIV1T4bCh1CqwmtEAEYASAAEgJQzfD_BwE Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards Authority and/or TV Licensing.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 18 09:38 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
13 217
Weather Women by Phi
I have noticed over the last few years that women reading the weather forecast on the BBC seem to be rising in voice frequency. That skinny one on Look North has a very high pitched voice, to the point of being irritating.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 18 10:31 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
27 200
Paranoia or real effect? by Brian Gaff
I was talking to somebody a week or so back who swears their freeview goes blacky and stutters whenever a plane from Heathrow goes over. Now in the good old analogue days you could detect aircraft flutter quite easily, how would you go about it on a digital system. I did not rise to the bait of suggesting I go around as to be honest there would be little I could do. We are after all in a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 18 08:52 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
15 195
As planned I upgraded my TV equipment by Bill Wright[_3_]
Regular readers of my fascinating missives will know that, annoyed by C4 HD leaving Freesat I vowed to add Freeview to my living room equipment. I bought a Humax FVP-5000T 1TB receiver and because I'm incapacitated Paul installed it for me. This was three days ago and so far I'm very impressed by the receiver. Very fast to respond, very user friendly, really good clear graphics. I haven't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 13th 18 08:56 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
64 474
What I'd like to see. by Brian Gaff
Is a third party web site where you could get one log in and every program and variant, ie AD etc, could be accessed from it. Surely this should not be hard to do? I'm talking free to air here of course. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
March 12th 18 02:50 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 134
BBC accounts vanishing. by Brian Gaff
I have thus far had two accounts set up on the i player site for tv, and since I very seldom actually log in to see bbc stuff, I notice that they appear to have deleted both as my usernames and passwords come up as not valid. i hate sites that do this till in the end you have completely lost the bloody memory of which is the current one! Brian
March 12th 18 02:49 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 160
Upgrading Tivo to VM 6 box by David[_14_]
I'm just starting this process; I've received all the bits and the instructions and am reading through them. First thing; I've been given an SH3 as an upgrade to my original SH. I've read bad things about the SH3 and am reasonably happy with the 160 Mb/sec I currently get from my SH. I could go to 200 Mb/sec with the SH3 but if there are intermittent problems then it may not be worth it....
March 11th 18 07:40 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
3 165
The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers. by Brian Gaff
I'm standing at the door talking to somebody on a block of flats in a council estate, they are all called something house wotsit court etc all with names of ex council leaders or smart ass developers. Along comes this guy with a pizza and asks with a slight accident. Is this Basketball court. I look at him, well in his direction and say, now does it look like one, its a block of flats. He...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 11th 18 02:18 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
55 359
Alexa TV Guide Skill by Brian Gaff
Has anyone managed to make this do anything sensible? I seem to be able to get bbc 1 and occasionally what is on any channel now or at a certain time, but ask it for a list for tonight it goes off and tells you what it thinks are the best things on, not the complete list or even a few from your favourites list. Most times it completely fouls up saying stuff like there is no channel called...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 18 09:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
18 160
Maplin RIP by MR
First Tandy/Radio Shack, and now Maplin. Who next? Currys/PC world. MR
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 9th 18 05:11 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
78 507