Post New Thread
Freesat EPG - BBC Olympics by Peter Duncanson
"BBC Olympics" has started appearing in the Freesat EPG genre list. That is the list displayed when you press Guide. When I first noticed this 40 minutes or so ago selecting BBC Olympics just went to the All Channels display. It now goes to a blank table. -- Peter Duncanson (in uk.tech.digital-tv)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 12 12:33 PM
by sara66750 Go to last post
14 1,337
UKTV Internet Explorer Official addon by madge
http://www.iegallery.com/Addons/Details/6124 Que? Considering the chap "oop north" who was imprisoned for linking to UNOFFICIAL UKTV streams and videos. -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices | https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 27th 12 04:28 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
110 1,727
apostrophe incident by Tim+
CD wrote: On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:12:26 +0100, Andy Champ wrote: Think it might be painted. Anyone local enough to check? Andy Yes me, it isn't painted, it's done in bricks. It's about 5 minutes from M1 J25 if you're passing that way & want to marvel at it in all its (or is it it's?) glory.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 27th 12 10:12 AM
by Davey Go to last post
46 792
Sony and Panny to collaborate over OLED panels by Mark Carver
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201206/12-0625E/ -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply. www.paras.org.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 27th 12 08:48 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
102 2,232
Disaster - last episode of 'The Killing' failed to record... by Victor Delta[_2_]
For some unknown reason, my Humax 9200T completely failed to record last night's final episode of The Killing - having faithfully recorded all the previous episodes without a hitch. It was certainly still shown on the list when I looked earlier in the evening. Isolated incident or did any others have the same problem? V
July 27th 12 07:56 AM
by fred Go to last post
5 195
Colour Grading.. by tony sayer
Might be of interest to some on this ng who reckon they can see colours accurately;!.. Enjoy;).. http://www.xritephoto.com/ph_toolframe.aspx?action=coloriq -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 26th 12 03:44 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
33 788
Anyone for wet string? by David WE Roberts[_3_]
Having moved the upstairs TV into a room without an aerial or satellite connection I discovered two things (1) The Internet bits like iPlayer which you can get via the Bush HD box aren't accessible unless you have a working satellite signal. Nor something I had considered but I wondered if you could get just the iPlayer bits. Haven't used it much but IIRC you have to get to it via a red...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 12 03:41 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
12 420
BBC News - Backgound noise problem? by Victor Delta[_2_]
On tonight's main BBC1 News at 22:00 - the first from the Olympic Village studio - Fiona Bruce's voice was nearly obliterated by background noise. Was it last minute building work, a noisy aircon system or a helicopter hovering over the studio. Or something else? Any ideas? V
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 12 06:04 PM
by Davey Go to last post
44 1,069
aerial inspection by drone by Doug Paulley
Playing around with my newish toy today, I thought I'd see if it was any use for inspecting aerials. It's a drone; fly it with your smartphone, and it sends live video back. http://youtu.be/Z3xpa0FkKcA?hd=1&t=1m46s what do you reckon
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 12 02:50 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
47 953
YouView under threat by J G Miller[_3_]
This one obviously passed under the radar of the all knowing, always on top of the latest developments in digital TV, gurus of uk.tech.digital-tv From http://www.broadcastnow.co.UK/news/broadcasters/freeview-backwards-epg-set-to-challenge-youview/5040948.article QUOTE Freeview backwards EPG set to challenge YouView
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 12 02:20 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
57 1,241
apostrophe incident by Tim+
David Taylor wrote: On 2012-07-19, jochta wrote: On 19/07/2012 13:51, Bill Wright wrote: Can you work out what happened? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/friend%27s.jpg Bill The apostrophe has been blacked out/removed from between the d and s and
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 12 07:00 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
19 449
PVR Freeview options by Sla#s[_2_]
Since the demise of Fetch TV are there any other options for cheap Freeview PVR services? I know the Fetch box still works on Feeview but one can't set it to record much in advance anymore as the program guide only goes 48hrs in front. (Though one still can do it purely on date/time. )
July 23rd 12 10:40 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
5 310
Aerials are sometimes strange beasts. by Brian Gaff
With an aerial pointed the right way, and decent coax, stations still occasionally glitch, yet if you attacha 9 inch bit of wire to a bit of old coax and dangle it out of the window there is no problem! I think since Crystal Palace switched the signal here ars been too big! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 22nd 12 05:50 PM
by madge Go to last post
12 417
old coax plugs by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/old%20coax%20plugs%20etc%202.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 22nd 12 02:21 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
47 782
BBC having to reduce 301 to Audio Only ! by Mark Carver
Seems there will not be enough bandwidth on PSB 1 to carry the Olympics opening ceremony on BBC 1 SD, BBC News channel, *and* 301 at the same time, so 301 will become audio only ! http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/rogermosey/2012/07/digital_quirk_forces_freeview.html Why not simply delay the video on 301 by 20 seconds or so ? And why does the News Channel have to show it at all anyway ?
July 22nd 12 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 223
ITV4 Tour de France by Rob Gibson[_2_]
ITV4 7pm Freeview: How can they broadcast such an appalling picture? It's truly dreadful. I've complained, but I know it won't make any difference. Sorry - probably preaching to the converted!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 21st 12 01:37 PM
by Ian Go to last post
48 2,251
Aerial puzzle. by Graham.[_6_]
Seen in Camden. Comments please. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjANhHBm -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
July 21st 12 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 209
OffTopic, but this newsgroup's favorite topic by J G Miller[_3_]
From The Independent http://www.independent.co.UK/news/uk/politics/bring-in-migrants-to-cut-billions-from-deficit-says-osbornes-watchdog-7939667.html QUOTE Bring in migrants to cut billions from deficit, says Osborne's watchdog Higher levels of immigration over the next 50 years would spare taxpayers from the need to endure much greater austerity, the Government's fiscal
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 20th 12 07:29 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
33 709
apostrophe incident by Tim+
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote: On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:49:43 +0100, "Norman Wells" wrote: Ian Jackson wrote: I detest the relatively recent fashion for "train station". It would never have happened if Br were still in charge. Hopefully, the sign would be quaint enough (and large enough) to accommodate "Railway Station".
July 20th 12 04:24 PM
by bugbear Go to last post
1 180
UKTV Internet Explorer Official addon by madge
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:15:33 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote: What? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "madge" wrote in message news:[email protected]
July 19th 12 09:45 PM
by Tim+ Go to last post
1 191
Post New Thread