Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Aerial rotator for FM by mikeos
I know this is not a digital question, but I've had for some years a Stolle rotator operating my 4-element FM aerial. This has become unreliable and I might need to replace it. Does anybody have any recommendations please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 11 12:59 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
36 3,127
TOT diesel prices by Bill Wright[_2_]
Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery problem down south? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 12 02:22 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
84 3,118
New Freeview channels? by Max Demian
My Humax HDR-Fox T2 is badgering me to retune, "In order to continue to receive all the channels available in your area." Is there anything new of significance? I don't see anything at http://www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/ and I don't want to retune unnecessarily as I would have to reenter all my reservations (among other things). -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 16 07:33 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
163 3,116
OT but interesting: a paper on the risks from low-dose radiation by Andy Champ[_2_]
Both these groups have had discussions about nuclear power, wind power, and the dangers and uselessness of them. I came across this: http://bos.sagepub.com/content/68/3/13.full.pdf+html It suggests that the linear no threshold model is indeed wrong. But much to my surprise, it seems low doses are _less_ safe pro rata than higher ones. So if a given dose give you a 1:100 chance of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 30th 12 05:02 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
136 3,113
Freesat or Freeview for best picture quality? by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Well, what do you reckon? (I'm talking HD, of course) (PS This is a repeat of an earlier question, because you wouldn't answer me last time!) -- SteveT
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 14 02:09 PM
by NY Go to last post
14 3,081
DSO again?! by Mark[_7_]
We switched to digital a few months back and now have no analogue reception at all. However the DSO adverts have started again. WTF? -- (\__/) M. (='.'=) Due to the amount of spam posted via googlegroups and (")_(") their inaction to the problem. I am blocking some articles posted from there. If you wish your postings to be seen by
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 24th 11 12:37 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
210 3,081
Time delay - Big Ben slow? by John Aldred
I was watching the countdown to the New Year on BBC (Freeview). As Big Ben struck the hour, my time pieces were indicating about 5 secs past midnight. Our clock is synchronised with the broadcast time signal (NPL MSF), and the computer is synchronised with the internet time servers. Both indicated that Big Ben was slow. So my question is does it really take about 5 seconds for the TV signal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 12 06:30 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
90 3,080
Power up from standby - Panasonic TX-32LMD70A by David.WE.Roberts
Our Panasonic (as above) is getting steadily worse at powering up from standby. It tries to start up, but then gives up and just flickers the red status light. If it is powered off then on again it seems to start O.K. - coming up in 'on' mode. Also, if powered off and on - coming back up in 'standby' mode it also
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 19th 13 08:24 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
27 3,080
Amusing notice at Durris transmitter by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. Went for a woodland walk up towards the ( un-manned ) Durris transmitter this afternoon. As you approach the top of the hill, there are warning notices which warn ominously against approaching the site in strong winds due to ongoing work on the mast. Perhaps they are worried it's going to fall over! The notice goes on to say that in case of emergency, to call ......
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 21st 07 08:24 AM
by Albert Go to last post
28 3,075
Distributing digital signals in an apartment block by Michael
I am a member of the management committee for a 35 flat apartment block in the south west. The block is out of range of the existing digital transmissions but is close to a relay which presumably will be upgraded to low strength terrestrial digital in 2009. At present we can only get BBC1 & 2, ITV and Channel 4. We have an AGM at the end of October and I am due to ask the owners to comment...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 24th 05 10:04 AM
by Michael Go to last post
134 3,068
DOGs, Credits and Programme Info - BBC1 5pm today - Points of View by Ian Jackson[_2_]
As Subject. Discussion / justification. To late now (but is it on iPlayer?). -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 8th 08 02:13 PM
by Edster Go to last post
149 3,064
VCR as a SCART to UHF converter? by ian field
At some point I hope to be testing a PVR with a rebuilt power board, however the only TV at the workshop is a Casio pocket TV (no scart connector - obviously). Will a typical VCR present a UHF signal out from scart in??? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 9th 10 02:24 PM
by ian field Go to last post
26 3,058
BBC admits it lied about DOGs on BBC3 by Agamemnon
Thank you for your e-mail. I note that you continue to object to the DOGs used for the BBC Switch strand and BBC THREE. With regards to my colleague's previous response, I apologise for the outdated information he sent you. The current BBC THREE policy on DOGs is as follows: The standard BBC THREE DOG is used for all programming including drama,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 20th 08 02:41 PM
by Ivor Jones[_2_] Go to last post
166 3,058
Analogue Through Rose Tints by Silk
Now that analogue TV is finally coming to an end, I'm surprised to see people commenting on what a great loss it is and how superior it is/was to digital. Let's look at the evidence: Anaglogue: 4:3 aspect ratio only; Very annoying and obvious PAL artifacts; Susceptble to noise and ghosting in all but perfect signal areas; inefficient use of bandwidth; etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 11th 12 11:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
129 3,056
New TV for old parents? by T i m
HI all, Before I try to drag my elderly (80+) and less than mobile Dad round a few TV shops I thought I'd see if there may be an answer, or at least general direction that could be gleaned here please. They are looking to replace their ~36" CRT wide screen TV with a new flat panel jobby but whilst one could walk into the likes of Tesco and come out with something that would probably do, I think...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 16th 11 11:47 AM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
139 3,054
BSkyB in talks to bring Sky Sports to Top-Up TV by [email protected]o.co.uk
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article723834.ece http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1793046,00.html Here's hoping this will silence the TUTV doomsayers once and for all.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 06 10:33 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
11 3,054
HD TV rip off by Bill Wright[_2_]
Father says there was a thing on the telly today about people getting conned into buying 'HD ready' as opposed to 'HD' tellys. But he can't remember what programme it was. Any ideas anyone? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 10 08:33 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
156 3,051
Connection problems with Samsung TV and Hard disc recorders by Mick.
Hi all, I have connection problems with my Samsung 32 inch LCD TV And my Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TB Recorder. The TV Is a: Samsung 32 inch LCD TV bought Nov 2008
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 2nd 12 03:52 PM
by Clive Go to last post
41 3,049
The Colour Television Receiver by ureds
Found this on Danny Baker's twitter feed of all places. I dare say some regulars on here will remember it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDT1yD5d7Xk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 21st 15 11:53 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
165 3,048
TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter and Aeroplanes by john west
Suddenly in the last month or so our Freeview television picture is suddenly breaking up. We got a visit from the 'at800' Engineer who fitted a filter in-line before our television aerial amplifier. Apparently we have a new phone 4G transmitter installed quite near. The engineer said his readings were within accepted limits. We are about 15 miles north east of Heathrow Airport and get a lot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 1st 15 10:43 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
85 3,048