Post New Thread
How Sky can save money, maybe? by Ron
Why don't Sky give everyone a new HD box and then stop transmitting SD channels? Think of all the extra channels they could transmit with the free channels. Also any way for me to get a free HD Sky+ plus box to replace my SD Sky+ box? Ron
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 12 01:34 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
25 739
Delay on HD channels by Richard Tobin
BBC HD is currently showing the same as BBC 2, but with a delay of 21 seconds. What causes such a big delay? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 12 12:38 PM
by JohnT[_6_] Go to last post
19 481
TOT tips by Dave Plowman (News)
The conclusion I've come to is a bit Humpty Dumpty. 'Tenement' means exactly what you want it to mean. A totally different one depending on area. -- *Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? * Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
September 19th 12 12:48 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
1 159
Stopping Sky subscription but still using the box by Allan[_2_]
Hi guys, sorry for a rather basic question here, but this way at least I'll get an informed answer instead of some sales-driven marketing flannel if I ask Sky. At the moment we have an old Sky box (not Sky+) and a Sky subscription which we are just about to cease because we don't watch anything on Sky any more. However we need to be able to continue watching the basic channels (BBCx, ITVx,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 12 01:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
93 2,941
TOT Summer must be over by Dave Saville[_2_]
Just heard a Christmas advert on Magic radio! -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 12 04:14 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 376
Placement of cheap RF Splitter by Nick Le Lievre
I have purchased one of these cheap RF splitters http://tinyurl.com/cxbbdoz as I am planning to connect it to my diplexer in order to distribute the freeview signal to both a Sky + HD box and a HTPC Media Centre PC USB DVB-T stick. Currently I have the cable from the diplexer cable going straight into the aerial socket of my Sky + HD which then transmits a signal to my bedroom via RF2. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 12 12:28 PM
by Nick Le Lievre Go to last post
14 627
Top tips by Bill Wright[_2_]
Morrisons are selling a new range of chilled readymeals. They're the first thing in the big chillers on the left as you go in. The meals are abominable but the foil containers are perfect for making hats to keep death rays out. If your head is rectangular you might even be able to use one of the containers as a hat without modification. Useful if you live near a mobile phone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 16th 12 10:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
106 2,320
Vision log periodic by alan
A year or so back I reported that the elements on a Vision Log Periodic had moved - all by themselves. This was loft installation. The wire elements are pushed through a hole in the boom with an interference fit. There is no other means keeping these wire elements in placed. I speculated that the hot cold cycling in the loft and the slight expansion/contraction of the metal had resulted in...
September 16th 12 05:54 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 413
network for your future by [email protected]
Hi.... http://boompays.com//?id=shah100 This real paying network at home worker need only tell to connect friends and other people use social network...
September 16th 12 01:24 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 185
Brilliant Humax YouView box by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Collegues, I've just bought my mum a Humax DTR-T1000, which is their first YouView box. I've just got to say that the user interface is superb: a brilliant lesson in helpful and friendly prompts, a modern and clean appearance, and great functionality. The way the EPG goes seamlessly backwards into the past is a superbly intuitive way of getting to the online content from iPlayer, etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 12 03:44 PM
by Jane[_3_] Go to last post
13 1,699
Digifusion FVRT90. by Ian Field
Just lately my FVRT90 has been going "deaf" to some channels, usually 10 or 11 or thereabouts,its not the aerial as the Humax works fine. From my TV repair days I remember that a dud RF transistor resulted in a snowy weak picture and a dud LO transistor gave a "milky" blank screen - presumably with digital either fault would just give a blue screen. Weak spots un the tuning range usually...
September 14th 12 02:20 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 306
Thoughts on Humax Foxsat HDR & max HDD size by Jim
Right now i have Sky but I know i'm going to dump it when contract dies, and i may be able to get my hands on a cheap Humax Foxsat HDR (320GB) over the next month or so. So i was wondering what people thoughts are on especially when compared to the Sky HD Box, also what is the max size HDD i can bung in with out it giving any problems and is a Seagate Pipeline or WD drive best to go for. Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 12 09:53 AM
by Alan White[_2_] Go to last post
19 669
small unit for listening to internet radio by john ryan[_2_]
Was looking for a smallish portable internet radio, but they all seem fairly big except the quest which is not getting very good reviews. Then, Someone suggested using an internet radio on a smart phone. I dont have a smart phone and hardly use my existing mobile phone at all on the pay as you go tariff. What would be a good second hand smart phone to buy and which app would be best for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 12 09:29 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_2_] Go to last post
15 462
five star glitch? by Brian Gaff
Well ever since about 8something or other, the program details button on my freeview box has just had Malcolm in the middle details, yet when you get to the channel it clearly says what is really on, like Burn notice etc. Very odd, Did somone unplug it to vacuum out the server? Brian -- -- From the sofa of Brian Gaff -
September 12th 12 09:14 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 159
Errors in EPG by Scott[_2_]
My EPG text for Channel 5 says 'This is BBC World Service Radio'. The text for Channel 4 says 'This is BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra'. Any ideas how this could occur?
September 12th 12 08:37 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
5 175
some real-life facts and figures about aerials; not just guesses by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.aerialsandtv.com/aerial%20positioningtests.html#PolarityOfObstructions I think Justin should be congratulated on actually doing the tedious research and tabulating the results, rather than just accepting conventional wisdom. I feel this strongly because heís doing exactly the sort of stuff Iíve been meaning to do since about 1970, but somehow Iíve never quite got on with it. Keep...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 12 08:11 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
17 721
Channels out of sequence by Scott[_2_]
I am using a 'heritage' Thomson DTI 1000 decoder box for my kitchen TV. The channel numbers on the EPG are out of sequence 001, 002, 003, 007, 008, 009, 004 ... I am mystified how this could happen. There is no method I can see to reorder the channels manually so this cannot be a change that I have made. It is not by multiplex as 003 (STV) comes before 007 (BBC3). Any ideas what could have...
September 10th 12 06:53 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
4 263
405 line to digital conversion by Scott[_2_]
I watched one of the original episodes of Dr Findlay's Casebook on BBC Alba last night. I thought the picture quality was surprisingly good. Although slightly blurred in terms of focus, there were no film artifacts (I don't know if these programme were made or archived using film or video tape) and no random changes in contrast that are quite often seen on old VHS tapes. What was disappointing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 10th 12 07:49 AM
by Graham.[_6_] Go to last post
19 507
Midhurst by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Quite a lot of "No services" or "No signal" on PSB2 the last couple of days. Lost at least 6 minutes between1855 and 1901 this evening. No problem with PSB1. Lucky I have freesat to get C4! -- Jeff
September 9th 12 11:05 AM
by Mal Travers Go to last post
1 179
Strange specification by Bill Wright[_2_]
I've just been asked to provide a price for a large TV system. The specification is headed TV& FM ANTENNAE It includes: "The distribution system shall conform technically to the recommendations of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications...." So the spec was written before 1974 I guess...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 7th 12 10:36 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
85 1,908