Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Big school by Bill Wright[_2_]
In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close- up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is drawn in the more distant shot that follows. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 26th 13 10:33 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
141 3,533
Laser-like beam? RF experts required by Steve Thackery[_2_]
I've just found this, which looks interesting: http://adrokgroup.com/ In particular see the Technology and Services page. Apparently it's a ground penetrating radar which can "see" up to 4km into the ground. It can also identify the various materials through which the beam travels, providing what they call "virtual borehole" technology
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 15 04:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
46 3,522
Discouraging Aliens by Phi
Charging up lorries to ~10kV to repel boarders.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 11th 16 09:26 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
204 3,502
Please help me start by John Hatpin
I've recently moved into a new flat, and after years of analogue TV, with no experience of digital TV, I'm planning to buy stuff and get going. But I'm starting with zero knowledge or experience, beyond the "plug the co-ax into the video, run a co-ax from the video to the TV, run a SCART from the DVD to the TV" sort of level. Please help me! I'm marooned in technology and terms I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 06 03:18 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
21 3,501
What units? by Davey
There is one of those 'Destroyed in Seconds' programmes on Quest right now. The first item I saw showed a dragster crash. The subtitles gave distances, speeds etc in Imperial units, but the commentary used metric units. Most confusing. Soon after Canada changed to metric, I was at the Hope Slide, a place in British Columbia where some years before there had been a terrible landslide. There was a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 15 10:31 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
90 3,501
Magic cable. by Bazzer Smith
Is it possible to manufacturer cable which has the same impedance whatever length you cut it to?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 23rd 06 08:06 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
110 3,500
Memory by Bill Wright[_2_]
Katie, who is 11, was helping me in the workshop today. She told me how some of her class been in trouble for filming the teachers covertly. Of course I told her how, in 1965, I'd made a sound recording of our maths teacher, with the class deliberately winding him up just to make it more fun. I then found myself trying to explain about reel-to-reel tape recorders. I could see that Katie just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 27th 14 11:56 AM
by News Go to last post
178 3,496
The whole of Sheiffield under water. by Lord Turkey Cough
Well you would think so the way the news channels are going overvboard about it. Blimey you would think these people had never seen a heavy rain shower before!! A waste of the license payers money.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 30th 07 07:15 PM
by Marcus Houlden Go to last post
131 3,493
FiveUS dog by leon
This is the response from five re the size of the dog on 5us: Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the DOG on Five US. There are no current plans to stop using or reduce the size of the DOG on Five US. Station identity is increasingly important in the age of competitive multi-channel television; as is promotion of certain programme strands. We have purposely ensured that the current...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 30th 06 10:18 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
117 3,488
Government wants to abolish 'standby' button by Ian Jackson
I heard that the UK government is going to put pressure on manufacturers to do away with the 'standby' button. The intention is to force us to switch things like TV sets and STBs completely 'off', thus saving electricity. How will this affect things? How will overnight updates still occur? As most recorders need to be switched to standby to enable the timer function, will they be have to be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 13th 07 10:08 PM
by Mike Go to last post
140 3,462
OT, slightly. Speaker Connections by David
I have some Wharfedale Programme 30D.6 speakers. 4-8 ohm, 100w by Wharfedale International. They have the normal black and red clip connections. In addition 2 green ones. What are these green ones for, anyone know? ( I would like to add a second one to one of them and wondering if these are for that purpose, and what effect it as on the impedance on my amp. over the use of the one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 09 02:19 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
14 3,449
Sony Bravia Default by TheScullster
Hi all Can anyone explain the workings of a Sony Bravia TV please? I have a Sky box on AV1 and DVD player on AV2. If the DVD player is left powered up then the TV shows the DVD splash screen at start up. If the DVD is powered down and the Sky box left powered up, I would expect the TV to display Sky at start up - but no, it defaults to its internal TV/Freeview. How do I get the TV to default...
April 9th 10 04:16 PM
by Maurice Batey[_2_] Go to last post
7 3,426
The Voice of Murdoch pronounces FM radio dead by J G Miller[_3_]
In the January 30th, 2009 online edition of Rupert Murdoch's mouthpiece, Chris Campling, Times Radio Critic, has written an article praising DAB radio. From http://entertainment.timesonline.co.UK/tol/arts_and_entertainment/ tv_and_radio/article5615143.ece QUOTE
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 16th 09 02:37 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
144 3,424
Panasonic "favorites" channel list selection? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
OK, I have a Panasonic LCD (32inch, TX if I remember correctly). When I first got it I managed to set up a "Favorites" channel list and then get the Guide to display this channel list and not the "all channels" list. I recently rescanned the channels, and then set up the Favorites again, but I can't get the damned thing to show me the Favorites anymore. It keeps showing the "All Channels"...
June 29th 10 03:13 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
3 3,412
OT Has w7 slowed down recently by Gary[_4_]
Just wondering. My w7 32 bit has got really slow over the last few weeks . Anybody else having this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 12 04:55 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
196 3,397
The Argos catalogue: aerial prices by Bill Wright
Argos are now advertising an aerial installation service. The prices seem very high: Aerial with one outlet 180 Aerial with two outlets 260 Aerial with three outlets 340 Aerial with four outlets 400. The installers who told me about this are cockahoop. They intend to carry an Argos catalogue with them to put under customers' noses, as a means of justifying the higher prices that they now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 25th 06 06:09 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 3,397
Choice of Aerial Group. by Garry[_3_]
When I plug my Postcode into the Digital Uk website, It say's Most Likely Analouge Transmitter Bilsdale groups 33,26,29,23,35 aerial group A H and Most Likely Digital Transmitter Bilsdale aerial group A H,W H
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 08 05:08 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
17 3,388
TV remote control symbols by Fred
I am trying to put a simple instruction manual together. Can anyone point me in the direction of a series of graphics assocaited with the buttons of a TV remote control. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 04 06:57 PM
by Fred Go to last post
10 3,379
Public misunderstanding of DTT by Bill Wright
Yes, I know, we've had all this before. But today, as I was driving home, I remembered an odd-sounding call from a council office. The story didn't add up. I stopped and rung the tenant. It turned out to be a couple in their late seventies in a bungalow. He'd had a stroke and she was, frankly, gormless. There was no way I could understand the problem on the phone, so I went along. I don't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 25th 07 06:18 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
129 3,375
OT Pure radio problem by Brian Gaff
I have a Pure Sonus 1XT, which has been working fine. However in the last few months, if unplugged it would take several attempts for it to boot its software and come to life when power was connected. This came to a head yesterday, during a rescan, when it failed to come back after saying please wait. I am told the display is lit but blank, and it is not recognised by a computer when a usb...
November 23rd 09 08:16 AM
by Paul D.Smith[_2_] Go to last post
6 3,373
Post New Thread