Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
is bill away, or ill? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yes I noticed he was not about. Lets hope its nothing to do with ladders or decorating. Apparently its very dangerous, DIY at the moment due to the wind. B Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 29th 14 04:06 PM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
189 3,604
Freeview channel frequencies by Michael Chare
My Topfield Freeview PVR says that it is receiving channel 25 at 506 Mhz. Should this not be 503.25 Mhz? There is a similar discrepancy of 2.75Mhz on all other muxes/channels -- Michael Chare
October 6th 05 11:12 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
5 3,603
Humax F2FOXT dead? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
A friend has a Humax F2FOXT. After a power cut last week he's finding that he can't apparently switch it on. Plugging in power means he gets "pass through" on the aerial but that's all. Is this a common problem or has it possibly been fried? I've suggested he tries the "pull aerial then power up" trick and also tries to reload the firmware from a PC but perhaps there is some other trick I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 12 03:24 PM
by Doug Sewell Go to last post
29 3,601
Can I tell whcih transmitter I'm on with Freeview? by Horse.trader
Having struggled to get Freeview up and running (I live in a valley shielded from Emerley Moor) only been using a relay station for analogue TV. I put up a high gain TV aerial and after 9 attempts got a reasonable signal from somewhere, aerial is pointing NW form Huddersfield, looking at charts, there are no (digital) transmitters for 100 miles in that direction. I can only presume I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 06 07:17 PM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
13 3,596
Stopping Sky subscription but still using the box by Allan[_2_]
Hi guys, sorry for a rather basic question here, but this way at least I'll get an informed answer instead of some sales-driven marketing flannel if I ask Sky. At the moment we have an old Sky box (not Sky+) and a Sky subscription which we are just about to cease because we don't watch anything on Sky any more. However we need to be able to continue watching the basic channels (BBCx, ITVx,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 12 01:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
93 3,594
Small IDTV by Simon Heather
I notice that Tesco are selling a 24" IDTV (http://www.tesco.com/electrical/templatepage.asp?page=earlybird.htm&anchor= 86C12) for 349 - is anyone selling anything smaller such as a 21" 4:3 size? I would like to replace my current 21" and Freeview STB with a single box. - Simon.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 03 05:49 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
13 3,590
survivors 1975-77 by sirblob2
clcking in at what must be 27 hours, this uk tv series certainly isnt for the anti sofa brigade.. its bloody great thats what it be. i havent seen the remake, thou i heard it be arsefest. it's very different to the cool apocalyptic stuff going on recently, like the 28 days or weeks later stuff, or the george romero, full of zombies that run really fast and such, or dead set, where a bunch...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 5th 09 10:00 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
135 3,588
Please Boycott All Sony Products to Improve DAB by DAB sounds worse than FM
For further details please see http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ The UK implementation of DAB is a disgrace. The worldwide average bit rate used for stereo radio stations is 186 kbps. In the UK the average bit rate used for stereo radio stations is just 129 kbps. We're basically being conned by the broadcasters. The broadcasters however are too stubborn to admit that they've used insufficient...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 03 12:13 AM
by Dave Plowman Go to last post
214 3,586
DAB Performance of different makes? by Clive Wallis
Hi, I would like to try DAB, just to get some experience of this new technology. I'm thinking about a clock radio or a mini music centre. Is there much difference in the radio performance between the more expensive brands, such as Sony & Panasonic, and the cheaper ones, such as Goodmans, Alba & Bush? Any pointers to suitable web sites, with reviews, would be much appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 05 07:28 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
208 3,585
Samsung TVs updated to death? by gordon
On Thursday pm, I switched on my UE40D7000 (from standby) and it reported an error updating itself (that would be over the internet), and then switched off (back to standby). And since then it stays on for only about 20 seconds every time. John Lewis service centre claimed they had had dozens of calls from Samsung owners (Smart Hub models I'm guessing?). Has anyone heard anything about this -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 12 04:58 PM
by Gio Go to last post
24 3,579
New LCD television how reliable by john hamilton[_3_]
I'm just about to buy a Sony television for about 500 from ebuyer. A friend says that LCD televisions are now very reliable. So is it really worth paying extra for a five year guarantee?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 4th 10 01:26 PM
by The Natural Philosopher[_2_] Go to last post
255 3,549
Test channel on freeview by Brian Gaff
What is this for, and no smart answers as its obvious that its a test of something. Its up in the 700s are, so I guess its radio related?? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
February 27th 13 06:25 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 3,547
Got 19.2 first time :-) by Pete Shew
I added a Visblewave quad LNB to my zone 2 Sky dish today. After careful calculations I decided that 6cm offset and 2cm lower was the place to be and after a bit of bolting brackets together the signal came in first time on my sat finder. Just a little bit of final tweaking and I was shortly watching RTL. Tomorrow I'll fit the DiSEqC and try and get MythTV to accept the fact that there are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 12 11:20 AM
by Pete Shew Go to last post
10 3,546
turning off the TV by mark taylor
Is it best at night to turn off on standby or by the off switch Thanks Mark
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 26th 04 09:08 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
177 3,539
Electricity falls out of the wall socket by Ian
I've just heard Alastair Campbell say on TV that if you leave a socket switched to on with nothing plugged in, it still uses power. -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 8th 12 03:51 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
174 3,535
Half choice Freeview transmitters by David
Last week was on holiday in Ramsbottom, Lancashire in my caravan and found that this town only receives from a relay with only about half the Freeview programs. To me it is a large populated area and the people there are being cheated as like the rest of us pay the taxes etc. I had thought the half program transmitters would be in small low populated areas way out in the country...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 12 09:50 PM
by Steve Hayes[_2_] Go to last post
128 3,531
coax types ? by Colin Wilson[_2_]
I'm looking to hardwire a couple of drops from an aerial (probably by breaking into the existing drop and crimping the new drops), but the cable choice has expanded a little since I was a lad, and all this was fields... For a bog-standard aerial pointing towards Winter Hill, and hopefully to feed two TVs with freeview boxes (which are unlikely to be on at the same time so might do away with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 22nd 09 11:20 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
44 3,529
Dumb or dumber multi-device "learning remotes" by Simon Gardner
I am familar with replacement remotes which require you to look up and punch in codes for the device(s) you want to control. Same idea with $ky remotes. Not infrequently some devices are not provided for. My recent enquiries about so-called learning remotes suggest that they are pretty much the same. Instead of the device learning selected commands from an existing remote, it merely uses the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 03 06:13 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
79 3,528
EUROPE WILL ABOLISH GEO-BLOCKING AND OTHER COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS by Phi
The European Commission adopted a new Digital Single Market Strategy today, which aims to improve consumer access to digital services and goods. Among other things, Europe vows to end geo-blocking and lift other unwarranted copyright restrictions. Due to complicated licensing agreements Netflix is only available in a few dozen countries, all of which have a different content library. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 06:11 PM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
123 3,528