Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Mr Grade says ITV needs better programmes! by Geoff
Well we all knew that ages ago !
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 23rd 07 03:50 PM
by bob&carole Go to last post
135 3,849
Memory by Bill Wright[_2_]
Katie, who is 11, was helping me in the workshop today. She told me how some of her class been in trouble for filming the teachers covertly. Of course I told her how, in 1965, I'd made a sound recording of our maths teacher, with the class deliberately winding him up just to make it more fun. I then found myself trying to explain about reel-to-reel tape recorders. I could see that Katie just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 27th 14 11:56 AM
by News Go to last post
178 3,832
coax types ? by Colin Wilson[_2_]
I'm looking to hardwire a couple of drops from an aerial (probably by breaking into the existing drop and crimping the new drops), but the cable choice has expanded a little since I was a lad, and all this was fields... For a bog-standard aerial pointing towards Winter Hill, and hopefully to feed two TVs with freeview boxes (which are unlikely to be on at the same time so might do away with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 22nd 09 11:20 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
44 3,831
Problem using a double scart adapter by Ben
Rob Beattie wrote: I recently bought a dvd player so that I could start watching homemade vcd, dvds, etc on the tv and as my tv had a scart input I bought a scart cable as well. The tv was already connected to an ondigital nokia box via it's scart connector so I went out and bought a double scart adapter. After hooking it all up together I find that when both pieces of equipment are...
July 18th 04 01:29 AM
by Rob Beattie Go to last post
8 3,825
What units? by Davey
There is one of those 'Destroyed in Seconds' programmes on Quest right now. The first item I saw showed a dragster crash. The subtitles gave distances, speeds etc in Imperial units, but the commentary used metric units. Most confusing. Soon after Canada changed to metric, I was at the Hope Slide, a place in British Columbia where some years before there had been a terrible landslide. There was a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 15 10:31 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
90 3,820
InView EPG to be withdrawn - DigiFusion / Thomson PVRs affected by larkim
Not sure if the message has been seen here, but my beloved Thomson DHD4000 will cease to have a working EPG in a couple of weeks time as InView (the company responsible for broadcasting the old 4TV EPG overnight) are withdrawing their service. I believe this also affects Digifusion PVRs (not all models) and at least on Sony PVR. See digitalspy for various threads -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 10 03:10 PM
by larkim Go to last post
19 3,818
hearing loop system for domestic TV? by Mick.
Hi all, I have a SAMSUNG UE40D5520 40" Full HD LED TV I use NHS Hearing aids that have the hearing loop system. Would anyone know if a home installation system of a loop system give reasonable quality sound?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 17th 12 12:17 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
41 3,818
Humax F2FOXT dead? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
A friend has a Humax F2FOXT. After a power cut last week he's finding that he can't apparently switch it on. Plugging in power means he gets "pass through" on the aerial but that's all. Is this a common problem or has it possibly been fried? I've suggested he tries the "pull aerial then power up" trick and also tries to reload the firmware from a PC but perhaps there is some other trick I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 12 03:24 PM
by Doug Sewell Go to last post
29 3,817
Understanding CAI benchmarked aerial categories by Basil
How much stock do the professional installers place in the CAI aerial benchmarking scheme? I receive DTT from Reigate 6 miles away, which seems to be powered by an AA battery, plus I'm in a dip behind some trees. Installers hate my site and won't guarantee anything when quoting. I'm willing to stick up my own aerial. I've installed my own dish, used reasonable PF100 cables etc, carefully...
June 9th 08 01:28 PM
by larkim Go to last post
7 3,812
BUSH Freesat HD Box by Lucky13[_2_]
Total crap. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321564/Trail/searchtext%3EBUSH+FREESAT.htm It's put me off the Freesat platform a little as well to be honest. I found the picture worse than Freeview (maybe it was the cheap HDMI cable versus the built in freeview of my samsung 42 inch plasma). The menus were horrible, the EPG was god awful.... the remote control had sharp...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 2nd 10 09:27 PM
by REDSKINS[_3_] Go to last post
26 3,807
Dumb or dumber multi-device "learning remotes" by Simon Gardner
I am familar with replacement remotes which require you to look up and punch in codes for the device(s) you want to control. Same idea with $ky remotes. Not infrequently some devices are not provided for. My recent enquiries about so-called learning remotes suggest that they are pretty much the same. Instead of the device learning selected commands from an existing remote, it merely uses the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 03 06:13 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
79 3,793
Half choice Freeview transmitters by David
Last week was on holiday in Ramsbottom, Lancashire in my caravan and found that this town only receives from a relay with only about half the Freeview programs. To me it is a large populated area and the people there are being cheated as like the rest of us pay the taxes etc. I had thought the half program transmitters would be in small low populated areas way out in the country...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 12 09:50 PM
by Steve Hayes[_2_] Go to last post
128 3,789
Digital radio - outrageous by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Following on from the earlier thread, take a look he http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8591942.stm I can't believe this is happening. Doesn't the government realise the incredible impact this will have on the public? There must be tens of millions of FM/AM radios in use, all of which will be rendered useless (but see later). Portable radios, domestic radios. Millions of car...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 12th 10 01:46 PM
by Brian Gregory [UK] Go to last post
132 3,787
How do people choose a new TV? by [email protected]
I know I'm picky(!), but all modern TVs seem to be really bad in two respects... 1) audio. The TVs are thin, and the built-in speakers are awful. 2) motion rendition. They can't do it. It's juddery, artefacted, blured, or all three. The best current TVs aren't a patch on a CRT in this respect, and the worst are truly abysmal. The other things that bugged me in the past seem to have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 12th 11 10:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
160 3,783
External Cable Cover by Dickie Mint
Vaguely remember some time ago, maybe, someone mentioned a source of cover for the entry point of a Sat cable on the outside wall of a house. Thought it was Screwfix, but can't find anything there. Nothing in Maplins either. Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 26th 10 08:27 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
24 3,772
EUROPE WILL ABOLISH GEO-BLOCKING AND OTHER COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS by Phi
The European Commission adopted a new Digital Single Market Strategy today, which aims to improve consumer access to digital services and goods. Among other things, Europe vows to end geo-blocking and lift other unwarranted copyright restrictions. Due to complicated licensing agreements Netflix is only available in a few dozen countries, all of which have a different content library. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 06:11 PM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
123 3,771
FiveUS dog by leon
This is the response from five re the size of the dog on 5us: Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the DOG on Five US. There are no current plans to stop using or reduce the size of the DOG on Five US. Station identity is increasingly important in the age of competitive multi-channel television; as is promotion of certain programme strands. We have purposely ensured that the current...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 30th 06 10:18 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
117 3,768
Stopping Sky subscription but still using the box by Allan[_2_]
Hi guys, sorry for a rather basic question here, but this way at least I'll get an informed answer instead of some sales-driven marketing flannel if I ask Sky. At the moment we have an old Sky box (not Sky+) and a Sky subscription which we are just about to cease because we don't watch anything on Sky any more. However we need to be able to continue watching the basic channels (BBCx, ITVx,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 12 01:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
93 3,768
Can I tell whcih transmitter I'm on with Freeview? by Horse.trader
Having struggled to get Freeview up and running (I live in a valley shielded from Emerley Moor) only been using a relay station for analogue TV. I put up a high gain TV aerial and after 9 attempts got a reasonable signal from somewhere, aerial is pointing NW form Huddersfield, looking at charts, there are no (digital) transmitters for 100 miles in that direction. I can only presume I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 06 07:17 PM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
13 3,763
turning off the TV by mark taylor
Is it best at night to turn off on standby or by the off switch Thanks Mark
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 26th 04 09:08 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
177 3,751