Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
7-day programme listing: is it available on Freeview? by Martin Underwood
My parents have bought a Panasonic Freeview box - I think its model number is TU-34C. The manual says that it is capable of displaying programme listings for up to seven days into the future, assuming that broadcasters supply this information. However on every channel that I've looked at (eg BBC1, ITV3, ITV2, UK History) there are only now and next listings. I'm sure I've seen references to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 4th 05 03:26 PM
by K Go to last post
22 1,138
Any cheap DAB radios and recievers in the sales ? by David
-- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
December 26th 03 11:34 PM
by Woody Go to last post
3 1,138
Lidl Universal Remote 8 in 1 by Chris
Hi, Can anyone help. About six months ago I purchased a cheap 8 in 1 remote from Lidl, German I guess it has no make on it and I have lost the instruction. Does anyone have the instructions for this remote or think they might be able to help?
September 14th 05 10:03 AM
by Max Power Go to last post
2 1,137
Room 'deadness' for audio playback. by [email protected]
Hello all, Are there any guidelines for this? I have noticed that I MUCH prefer the sound of my lounge when the two sets of curtains are drawn. There is much less echo - or not quite echo but perhaps reverberation? (I don't really know much about this sort of stuff) and the TV and stereo sound much better. I did a quick search of the internet but all I could really find were somewhat technical...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 09:10 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
21 1,137
Rigger's Diary by Bill Wright
I'm having a hard week this week. Paul is off work, so I'm doing all his work as well as mine. I claim to be semi-retired, but here I am at 1.43am, having just finished work! It's funny how the big jobs that have been simmering away for months have all somehow reared their ugly heads right now, just when I'm trying to be a local aerial man! There's a large part of Sheffield where the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 08 09:53 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
33 1,137
Comag DVB-T receiver report - Lidl 59.99 by Roger
Bought a Comag DTT receiver model DVB-T in Lidl on Monday. In Short: It was far too insensitive / faulty and I took it back for a refund. In detail: The box doesn't appear to have a model number other than DVB-T. Brief spec: The box does have EPG. Connectivity: (on rear)
November 23rd 04 08:38 PM
by Andy Go to last post
9 1,137
What's This?? by ChrisM
Hi, One of the houses in our street has this: http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=bextnjrh.6h5akj1p&x=0&h=1&y=opzb9q on their roof. Purely to satisfy my curiosity, any of you aerial experts in here care to tell me what it is...? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 07 08:02 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
47 1,136
Internet over CATV network by Nick Le Lievre
Anyone here know anything about this? I have had a fibre cable brought into my flat and have a Zhone GPON fibre Router with an SC/UPC connector for the WAN connection. I believe it's transmitted over a CATV network but I don't really understand much about it. Can anyone explain in laymans terms?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 14 11:04 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
47 1,136
migration of solder by Bill Wright
I recently used short lengths of cored solder to make wedges to put in the hinged joints of my glasses. Under the constant pressure exerted by my bonce the parts of the solder thus squeezed became thinner and thinner, until they almost disappeared. To me this is proof that when you get a mains lead with soldered ends you should cut them off, rather than trap them under the screw. The latter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 12th 08 04:41 PM
by Tony[_3_] Go to last post
45 1,136
Old memories revisited whilst reorganising my consumer electronicsready for a new telly by Bill Wright[_2_]
1. When you autotune an old Panasonic to the analogue CCTV channels it leaves 1, 2, and 3 blank, because it can't find BBC1, BBC2, and ITV. 2. My label machine does a lot of things I don't understand. 3. My old Quintro scart switcher does a lot of things I don't understand. 4. SCARTS are really crap for coming loose. 5. Squirting compressed air into a very early CD player can be effective: it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 3rd 13 06:25 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
45 1,136
Scottish radio in London? by Max Demian
Does anyone know why Crystal Palace is transmitting Clyde 1, a Glasgow-based radio station on Freeview channel 724 (in place of 3C), complete with Scottish news, sport and advertisements for Glasgow area shops? -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 30th 07 10:29 PM
by Peter Hayes Go to last post
37 1,135
Long Freeview TV aerial extension cable - use F plugs & satellitecable? by John Stumbles
I want to re-route our existing TV aerial cable which presently drops from the aerial on the central chimney down the roof and front of the house. Rather than try to sling the cable over the roof to hang down the back I plan to draw it into the attic and make an extension. We're in a weak signal area (Reading) which is not even suposed to be able to get Freeview (though we can - I've tried it)....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 13th 07 09:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
33 1,135
Would I benefit from a PVR by Marky P
I've been reading so much about PVR's on here and how no one can live without one. Well, I have a Sony DVD/HDD combo, which I am very happy with, but would I benefit from having a PVR aswell? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 10th 07 04:39 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
38 1,135
Freeview Playback doomed? by Paul D.Smith
All, Just got a Humax 9200 and had the time to start setting it up. It's just had the FTA Freeview Playback update but I know enough not to get too excited. So I try to record CSI on Five, 21:00 every Tuesday. Hurrah, it seems to have the FP start/end tags; boo it doesn't have FP series link. So now I have two options:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 9th 08 08:27 AM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
43 1,135
QAM by JOHN PORCELLA
If I recall correctly, when OnDigital was broadcasting they used QAM 64 which meant that they could fit it plenty of channels. This was later switched to QAM 16 which was more stable. Would it make sense to return to QAM 64 after analogue switch-off? I wonder, since it would be good to have more choice available through more channels, and if the system was previously flaky, then it need not be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 28th 08 01:20 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
37 1,135
This is getting ridiculous !! by Dingo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13253876 ~~ Dingo
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 9th 11 09:33 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
49 1,135
'Protected area' in centre of screen? by Scott[_2_]
I thought there was a rule that all important details, such as captions, maps etc, should be confined to the centre part of the screen so viewers with 4:3 televisions can still follow the programme. I see that recently Channel 4 News seems to be ignoring this and so too does BBC Breakfast but to a lesser degree. This got me wondering: (1) whether such a rule exists and (2) whether it is 4:3 or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 13 09:40 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
43 1,135
BBC HD 5.1 audio by Brian W
Is it me, or are the BBC flagging some programmes as 5.1 Dolby Digital, but only transmitting 2 channel stereo soundtracks? The Big Weekend concert last week, Hotel Babylon and Gavin and Stacey tonight all only have 2-channel sound. Heroes had 5.1 sound the other night. Using a DVB-S satellite card, DVB Viewer and AC-3 Filter.
May 18th 08 02:31 PM
by Marcus Houlden Go to last post
6 1,134
Freeview box sparks RAF rescue mission by Ed
Marvellous! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/15/ufreeview.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/01/15/ixportaltop.html A rogue signal from a digital television box sparked a two-hour rescue effort involving the RAF, coastguards and a helicopter. The set-top freeview box sent out an SOS call which was picked up by satellite and sent to RAF Kinloss in Scotland in the early hours of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 13th 06 12:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
45 1,134
I thought it was the *British* Broadcasting Corporation! by The Other John[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37257138 Why is this 'breaking news' not in English? -- TOJ.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 16 10:18 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post