Post New Thread
3D Broadcasts by Pinnerite[_2_]
Are there ever any on Freeview? -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3 KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 13 09:08 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
11 345
Sutton Coldfield and The Wrekin by news.plus.net
We seem to have lost the ITV channels on the Wrekin which is a descendant of Sutton Coldfield. Anyone else seeing the same? Missus going Ape **** because i'm a Celebs's on in a bit. Thanks, Rob.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 13 06:08 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
12 342
ASDA Black Friday hard to believe. by David[_9_]
TV News this morning was saying Asda deal today was a 32" TV for 99. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 13 08:23 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
33 755
Youview STB's and TalkTalk by housetrained
TalkTalk sent me a free Youview box that does not record. My neighbour got one that did record. I phoned them and they sent me one that does record and said they would send me a return bag for the first one. I arksed them if I could keep both and pay a one-off payment for first one. They said only one would work. Not believing this, I plugged both into separate TV's in separate rooms and...
November 29th 13 11:15 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 222
Who is LEN? by Brian Gaff
While moving between channels this week on my talking freeview box, I noticed that we now have BBC1 LEN, or is it LENG, cannot tell as I cannot get the box to spell words out. Who is this LEN and why do we need to know its his BBC1 on freeview now? Does this mean I can apply for BBC2, ie BBC2 Brian? grin. Also what is this Propeller TV on ch 800? Brian
November 28th 13 03:45 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 272
Headphone output for hard of hearing by Malcolm H
Scenario: Panasonic plasma TV with no headphone jack but does have L and R audio outputs (presumably fixed level). Hard of hearing user wishes to use headphones and requires a volume control. Recommendations please for suitable headphones with volume control OR suitable audio amp (with volume control) and headphones.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 13 03:22 PM
by petethered Go to last post
12 1,082
Is there anybody there in the monkey-house? by Alaric
Today I was watching the BBC 1 News at 1 pm. Half way through there was the usual break to the regions. However, when transmission went back to the news from the London studio the picture was that being shown on the BBC News channel and it included a woman signing for the deaf. After a while there seemed to be a fruitless attempt to sort things out and so this farcical situation prevailed...
November 28th 13 01:48 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
9 350
Confusion on timing by Davey
The Radio Times tells me that Backchat with Jack Whitehall is on at 10:00 pm tonight. An advert, sorry trailer, earlier today said that it would be on at 10:30, as does iPlayer. The EPG now onscreen says it will be shown at 11:00. Which will it be? Maybe I need to place a bet with my bookie. -- Davey.
November 28th 13 12:04 PM
by Davey Go to last post
2 203
HD PVR recommendations? by Steve Wakeman
Now that more HD Freeview channels are appearing and my old Humax SD PVR is getting glitchy and slow to respond to the remote, I'm looking for an HD PVR. Humax was recommended as best years ago, but what's good now?
November 28th 13 09:40 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
4 268
Satellite new HD stations that are being added to Terrestrial. by David[_9_]
Can I get these new HD programs on the other channels on my Freesat TV, if yes what are the settings please? Freesat webpage is silent and they can't be asked by e-mail. Regards David
November 27th 13 06:18 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 207
Dr Who by Gary[_4_]
Watched Dr Who in 3d . it was really well done.
November 27th 13 05:40 PM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
6 228
HD tv tuner box? by Hugh Newbury
I have a Panasonic HDD recorder, but now I have a new HD Ready tv I need a HD tv tuner box. Can I buy just the tuner without having to get and install a new HDD recorder? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
November 27th 13 12:13 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
5 239
Repair a Television by soup
Below is a copy of a message sent to LG does anyone here have any ideas? No surge in power was observed, TV was working as normal then it was switched off when going out, now will not power No red light, no flashing blue light, nothing. Have checked the socket is delivering 240 Volts (actually slightly over)
November 27th 13 09:15 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
6 254
Local TV by Dickie mint[_2_]
Story on tonight's Midlands Today about Comux firing up their National Operations Centre based in Birmingham. Comux website: http://comux.co.uk/news/2013/comux-switches-on-the-local-tv-digital-transmission-network/ Richard
November 26th 13 08:41 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
0 177
Audience over exuberance? (if I could spell it) by Brian Gaff
I used to be an audience back in the 80s, well a member of many of them, and I do not recall all this blatant cheering and whistling and going berserk that seems to go on on tv shows nowadays. Do they lace the cups of water you can get with controlled substances or what. I caught part of SGD andNo not Scotums of Gard Dogs, you know what I'm referrring to, and they wer going hyper, well into...
November 26th 13 12:25 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 265
TOT and also rather disgusting by Bill Wright[_2_]
Had to laugh this afternoon. Bella, the spaniel without a brain, decided to take a crap half way up the steep drive, right in the middle. God alone knows why she chose that spot, but she did. Her 'sister' Lola is always very sensible in finding places to crap. She generally finds a nice secluded spot in the shrubbery. This is quite unlike the sadly lost and gone Toby, who was christened 'The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 26th 13 10:58 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 531
The Potter's Wheel by Pinnerite[_2_]
On saturday night I watched a live performance of Chekov's The Seagull. It wasn't long before I was longing for the said wheel! -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3 KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 13 10:53 AM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
10 372
Dr Who after party on BBC3 by Brian Gaff
Oh deary me. 15 second delay to LA or whatever, how can they get it that bad when the australian one was less than 2 seconds at its worst. Where are the engineers when you need them. Surely they must have tested this before the show... No? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 13 08:21 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
14 332
Advice on signal boosters please by Hugh Newbury
I've had to buy a new tv, so I got an LG27ma43d. It has no RFout socket, so I run the aerial into the Panasonic DMR-XW380 HDD first, then into the tv from there. I would much rather have the aerial on the tv, so I really need a booster box with 2 outlets. There seem to be dozens of them on the net, so I need advice as to which to get.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 25th 13 08:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
44 903
TV IR remote fun by Paul D Smith[_2_]
OK, perhaps OT, but it's controlling a TV using a digital IR ;-). If you're not interested, apologies and stop reading. Thought you might like to hear of some fun I've been having with a Samsung TV. The TV lives in a works canteen and the owners want to display both a TV picture, and also a webpage with useful company bumf. To cut a long story short, the TV is "smart", but not that smart...
November 25th 13 02:47 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
8 279
Post New Thread