Post New Thread
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by JohnT[_7_]
"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message ... In article , Mark Carver wrote: On 09/12/2013 09:56, Jim Lesurf wrote: It's certainly 'wrapped up' in something more contemporary I think, but peel all that away, and it's a NICAM stream inside. You'd have thought ...
December 10th 13 10:57 AM
by JohnT[_7_] Go to last post
0 204
new mux from Emley by Bill Wright[_2_]
Thereís a mux on ch32 from Emley. I havenít looked inside it yet, but as received on a Gp B aerial itís at -8dB relative to the rough average of the others. Bill
December 9th 13 05:02 PM
by Bob Latham Go to last post
2 190
Freeview glitches yesterday evening. by Brian Gaff
Did not seem to be any particular channel but the odd word was just cut out, even on the just background sound. Not my end as aerial in loft, so suspect the weater might have been involved at some point. Physically, how do the signals get to Crystal Palace? over microwave links or by cable systems and what might be common to most. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
December 9th 13 07:49 AM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
9 303
goodies for sale or for free by Bill Wright[_2_]
Steve Birkill, sent me this: I'm organising a near-giveaway sale of RF, TV and microwave gear in the next few weeks, here in Sheffield. Rather than trying to describe it in detail, I ask you to view this page: http://www.clusterphone.com/sale.htm I only need a few committed individuals to ensure all this stuff finds a good home. If I can gather enough expressions of interest I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 13 09:38 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 634
Tom Daley by Woody[_5_]
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ... And some will be wondering exactly why this is news in the first place of course. Brian +1 --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 7th 13 12:24 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
25 734
Can you do better than Boris? by Roger Mills[_2_]
On 04/12/2013 09:43, Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? This is what is wrong with teaching today, not relevant to real world events. How many bears do you find in Islington?
December 6th 13 11:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 320
Channel Isles by Bill Wright[_2_]
Can someone remind me, isn't there something unusual about the muxes broadcast from the CI txs? Different services or something? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 13 07:21 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
15 477
ON topic! Crystal Palace by [email protected]
Stuck within view of the site the other day in a horrendous traffic jam due to roadworks, I noticed a new UHF stack being erected half-way up the tower. Presumably for the new London local TV service?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 13 05:12 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
32 779
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 13 04:17 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
14 330
OT helicopter crash by Bill Wright[_2_]
Apparently the helicopter weighed three tons. The landing was soft, presumably because the pilot feathered the rotor to provide lift in the final few moments. Evidently the helicopter did not crash through the ceiling but more fell through. This makes me wonder about the condition of the roof. Three tons is not that much. It looks from the pictures on the TV as if the roof has been recently...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 13 03:15 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
57 1,306
Pointless Interrupted by Ian
On BBC 1HD, Pointless has just been interrupted by a giant new BBC ident, consisting of three glass/perspex style boxes wit a letter each. Just thought I'd mention it. -- Ian
December 4th 13 01:50 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 266
BBC restores some Freeview radio in Scotland by Mark Carver
I see the Beeb are about to restore *some* of their radio stations on Freeview, while BBC Alba is on the air. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/I-can-hear-it-coming-in-the-air-tonight-the-return-of-five-radio-stations-in-the-evenings-on-Freeview-in-Scotland Space will be freed up, partly by reducing the audio bit rate on the TV channels from 256 to 192k. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 4th 13 12:15 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
21 606
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
December 4th 13 09:17 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 147
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
December 3rd 13 07:33 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
0 188
Attic aerial for Rowridge by Mike Murphy
Hi all, my roof aerial has fallen to bits leaving just the dipole and reflector - and it still works, amazingly. I would like some advice regarding which group A aerial to buy to go in the loft. I am 23 km from Rowridge. Regards - Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 07:16 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
21 736
BBC4 HD by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
Just been prompted to do an "add new channels" on Winter Hill Freeview, and found "This is BBC4 HD" on 106, starting soon. So we might get to see some of Borgen in HD, and next year's Proms should look good. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 13 06:35 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
58 4,309
Any Humax PVR issues? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
All, Anyone else seeing "slow remote response" issues with the Humax FOX-HDR (500MB)? Recently it has become slow to respond, even requiring a complete "back to factory" reset after it got to a point where it would not respond at all to the remote control. It's better but still now the "instant" response I'm used to. As far as I can tell, it's not updated its firmware but there have been...
December 3rd 13 04:04 PM
by Davey Go to last post
4 316
Youtube recorder software?.. by tony sayer
Does NE 1 know of a decent recorder for the above please thats preferably freeware for a charity project I'm lumbered with?.. Cheers.. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 12:58 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
24 914
Ping: Jim Lesurf re. audio advice. by [email protected]
Hi Jim (and anyone else interested!), I made up a small pre amp based on a NE5532P - it was a kit from Maplins / MUTR. I got it working OK but there seems to be a lot of his, well actually, the level of hiss is about what I would expect from a kit like this (although I am not an expert in any way, just a beginner hobbyist). My question is what is likely to be causing such hiss? The quality of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 13 09:53 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
37 867
Room 'deadness' for audio playback. by [email protected]
Hello all, Are there any guidelines for this? I have noticed that I MUCH prefer the sound of my lounge when the two sets of curtains are drawn. There is much less echo - or not quite echo but perhaps reverberation? (I don't really know much about this sort of stuff) and the TV and stereo sound much better. I did a quick search of the internet but all I could really find were somewhat technical...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 09:10 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
21 1,019