Post New Thread
Downton Abbey by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
Anybodu notice the anachronism in last night's show? Mrs Patmore eating a Cornetto in the final scene on the beach.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 28th 13 06:10 PM
by John Hall Go to last post
47 798
Freesat HD Mute by Ian
I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned that the Freesat HD Mux was lacking in sound for a few hours tonight (Thurs). Could it possibly have been only me? -- Ian
December 28th 13 03:31 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
2 122
Sharp Aquos - Missing Muxes (or Service Not Collected) by Archway
Struggled for ages with this one my LC-52XD1E would not pick up Channel 28 from Crystal Palace but had no trouble picking up the other 4 non-HD channels. Manually getting the set to scan either Channel 28 or frequency 530000 produced no stations and an error "Service Not Collected". Eventually I noted on the UKFree.TV website that Channel 28 from Crystal Palace, while nominally 530000 is...
December 28th 13 05:34 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
7 293
Comment on content by Brian Gaff
This Christmas to be brutally frank, the TV has been a complete waste of time. Mostly repeats, compilations or new stuff with badly written scripts, or films that do not really stand up as being great. Do not big stars do Christmas any more? Bah Humbug. Brian
December 27th 13 10:46 PM
by Davey Go to last post
9 309
BT vs Virgin by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: I don't know about the TV, but I've been usually dealt with promptly when faults have occurred, and the speed is fine, though the email system can be a bit flaky at times. I also note though that much of the speed issues are off network, ie are delays in the route to the server not the internals of...
December 27th 13 12:49 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
0 111
BT vs Virgin by tony sayer
One of their stupid arrangements is that it is cheaper to have B/B and phone than to have B/B alone. If you have phone and B/B you get FTA TV free, and for a small upgrade I think thats done to encourage you to receive calls on VM and of course to use it outgoing as they get a cut for the call termination change so a mate of mine who works for them said... Dunno if thats strictly true?..
December 27th 13 12:02 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 186
ABC news in SD by Bill Wright[_2_]
How come the ABC news as relayed by the BBC is in SD? I can't believe the Americans will have made the thing in SD. Bill
December 25th 13 08:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
4 119
OT bags by Bill Wright[_2_]
It's time start saving your supermarket bags. From next October they will be 5p each. This is because of the stupid greenies. I have a large box in the basement and I put my bags in there. I use them for dog ****, clinical waste, badly soiled laundry, bowls of food for freezing, disposable nappies, collecting apples and tomatoes, all sorts of things. When they are banned I will have to buy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 13 08:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
35 878
Merry Christmas by Mike[_19_]
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: ‘Do you want your usual? Deep pan, crisp and even?’ I have a feeling that there is a second part to that joke, but cannot remember it just now. was it something about a Zen Buddhist, who said "Make me one with everything?"
December 23rd 13 07:44 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
0 114
BBC Mux problem - Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate by Dickie mint[_2_]
Don't suppose that's a premise you look after, Woody? We were there over the weekend and the BBC mux was coming and going like a good un Sat/Sun. Did suggest to them I could recommend a good aerial engineer...... Richard
December 23rd 13 07:40 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
9 325
Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD by the dog from that film you saw
On 23/12/2013 11:20, Mark Carver wrote: Glyn Morgan wrote: I see Freesat as a semi closed system. The Service Information is carried in a proprietary form but I think receiver variants is over a broader range than Sky and the commitment to update the receivers would probably be up to individual manufactures. I guess it is though still fairly well contained and be the easiest...
December 23rd 13 04:22 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 94
Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD by Glyn Morgan
"Dickie mint" wrote in message ... Thanks, Glyn. I'll copy your reply to the guy, if that's alright? He'd be able to read it if he knew how to find these forums! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. No problem, that is fine with me Richard. Have a good Christmas,
December 23rd 13 03:26 PM
by Glyn Morgan Go to last post
0 105
New channel from 5 by Hugh Newbury
Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it? And when? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury www.evershot-weather.org
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 12:21 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
15 433
CP Arqiva C problems by Max Demian
I can't seem to get the Arqiva C (COM7) mux reliably (HD versions of CBeebies, BBC4, BBC News, Al Jazeera) from Crystal Palace. It keeps flipping to 'No signal' and back. The other services, SD and HD are fine. Are they messing with the transmitter? It's not out of band - UHF 33 I think. -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 11:44 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 931
Advertising on the BBC by alan
I hear that Beyoncé released a new album of songs without any publicity or hype. If this is true why have I heard about at least a dozen times on BBC radio 4 AND on programmes that would not normally condescend to even mention anything about pop music? -- mailto:news{at}admac(dot}myzen{dot}co{dot}uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 11:36 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 445
BBC Confirmation of new HD services by Mark Carver
Posted this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/CBBC-HD-CBeebies-HD-BBC-Three-HD-BBC-Four-HD-and-BBC-News-HD-to-launch-on-Tuesday-10-December-2013 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 13 10:19 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
98 1,885
DAB for Cars? by UK Traveller
Oh dear! DAB doesn't seem to get much support among the motoring classes either.... http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/84923/dab-radio-why-you-should-switch?_mout=1&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter Go all the way down to the Discussion.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 09:58 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 496
BILL - Closesure of FM radio in favour of Digital on BBC News 24 by madge
Radio rebels fight against digital Ahead of the announcement of a timetable for the shutdown of FM radio transmitters, some are rebelling against the switch to digital. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25344947 Ooh look the BBC is Geeking you out in your SHED. *******s! ignoring the amount of of the population who haven't even heard of DAB which of course has been superceded...
December 19th 13 09:15 AM
by Mizter T Go to last post
3 221
4G TV? by Woody[_5_]
Just been into Screwfix this afternoon where they were having a bit of a clearance sale. One of the items was listed as a '4G ready high gain TV aerial' made by Labgear. Thinking on Bill's thread earlier I surmised it was probably an air-head copywriter who had no idea what 4G is about. Amazingly the box arrived and sure as eggs is eggs it said the exact same thing on the box - in BIG letters!...
December 18th 13 11:31 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
7 421
I wonder how many copies of this complacent bull**** went out... by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dear Mr Wright Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC News. We understand you felt there has been too much coverage of the death of Nelson Mandela. We have received a wide range of feedback about our coverage of this
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 13 11:05 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
64 935