Post New Thread
Why does BBC 1 now call itself BBC1 LON? by Brian Gaff
OK a while back I asked what bbc 1 leng was, well the talking Goodmans box still calls it thatbut I've had confirmation that it is indeed LON, so why its not said right must be down to the speech synth in the box. However no other station on Freeview identifies its region in this way. I can understand it on the sat feed, but it seems pointless on Freeview unless there are now so many...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 14 07:10 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
89 1,663
Windows freeware for analysing DVB-T2? by Robin[_8_]
Is there such a thing pl as freeware for Windows which will do for DVB-T2 (MPEG-4) what TSReader Lite does for DVB-T? I've failed miserably to find anything - or to find evidence that there ain't such a thing. Even something as simple as ScanChannelsBDA would do as all I'm trying to do is move a PCTV 290e to a newer laptop which ought to be able to handle the HD channels. So far I've not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 14 09:41 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,470
BBC Radio Surrey on 'Pure' but not other makes, by Dave W
Is there anything different about DAB BBC Radio Surrey that might explain why I can get it on a Pure Evoke-1 (in Epsom) but not on an older Acoustic Solutions and an oriental 'Goodmans'? The Pure says 66 stations but the Goodmans only 62. -- Dave W --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 3rd 14 10:20 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
42 829
Yesterday, All my channels wer so.. by Brian Gaff
Hi, is there any reason why the program guide on my Goodmans box never seems to have anything on it on Yesterday? Most other channels are fine and populated except that one. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email:...
January 3rd 14 03:31 PM
by Jim Go to last post
3 144
Do any modern TVs have external speaker sockets? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Drifting round John Lewis the other day and peering at the various connections on the backs, I wondered why none of the sets seemed to have external speaker connections available. As the sets get thinner, the sound quality gets worse. Yet the only way to get decent sound seems to be through complicated connections to external amps, soundbars, and the like. The audio outputs from TVs can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 3rd 14 03:23 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
18 304
The first programmes of the year by Bill Wright[_2_]
To my mounting delight I received, during the day, a succession of emails and texts explaining that the sender and his or her troop of brats and other hangers-on couldn't attend my New Year's Eve party. I hadn't invited anyone to the (non-existent) event but I was still expecting them to come. By teatime, it was clear that we would be alone on New Year's Eve, for the first time in at least...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 3rd 14 10:11 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
49 872
TOT perception of equal spacing by Bill Wright[_2_]
I had reason to draw a rectangle which contained six smaller rectangles. These latter fitted in the larger rectangle like a row of horizontal fish fingers in the packet, except that all round them and in between them was a margin of 5% of the major dimension of the larger rectangle. The small rectangles were coloured pale yellow. The space around them was coloured pale blue. So, think of long,...
January 2nd 14 10:33 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 154
Change to channels on Mendip? by Ashley Booth[_2_]
My mother is having trouble with the programme guide on her Sony RDR-DC100B recorder, so she cannot set recordings. I live 100 miles away so cannot retune it myself and she finds it too complicated to do it herself. (She is 89). I find this machine a load of cr*p. I bought it because I thought Sony gear was good but it's not made by Sony :( It's only got one tuner, takes forever to delete and...
January 2nd 14 06:05 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
1 102
DAB discussions on BBC Radio 4 by Davey
From 'You and Yours'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nwk66 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nwk6t -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 1st 14 08:51 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
134 1,346
Santa has delivered a wave frontier T90 dish.... I now have someimportant choices to make..... by [email protected]
I already have two dishes. A triax td 78 for all the sky and freesat stuff at Astra 2. This is fed into a triax multiswitch. The other dish is a triax td110 with multi LNB holder. This was used on Astra 1 and hot bird and fed into a emp centauri 17x16 multiswitch. This means I can have up to four sat positions. I intend to reposition the triax td110 onto hispasat 30 west. With the multi LNB...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 1st 14 03:25 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
22 881
What platform gives me all catch up services by Jim
With sooooo many choices of buying hardware that offer catch up TV services does anyone know of a bit of kit that will gives me all catch up TV channels iPlayer, itvplayer, 4od, 5demand. Right now i have TV that gives me iplayer, Humax Freesat that gives me ITV player as well as iplayer and if i want anything else it has to be done via PC into the back of the TV with HDMI which is OK but not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 14 11:43 AM
by PeeGee Go to last post
17 347
Exiting Text mode by tim.....
Why does my TV display "loading" and wait anything up to 20 seconds to exit text mode It already has the TV picture that I wish to return to in the split screen. what the flip is it waiting to "load"? Why can't it just exit immediately (and I know this looks like a rant, but it's a genuine technical question)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 14 08:54 AM
by tim..... Go to last post
17 353
Humax, Freeview & "The Bridge" by [email protected]
Tried recording "The Bridge" from BBC4 HD. Went to watch the first episode last night and discovered that episodes 1-4 failed to record. I've got a "0 minutes" recording for all four episodes. Oddly, having changed nothing, but having had a little play around to confirm I can actually watch BBC4 HD etc, episode 5 recorded fine last night. Just me or something up with the guide/Humax? Paul DS.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 13 06:20 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
10 905
Studio noise by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone noticed or is it just me? When BBC Breakfast does an interview with someone sitting on the newsroom gallery at NBH there seems to be considerable background noise pickup from the newsroom. I don't remember that when they first started doing such interviews. Now I notice that Sky News also seems to have 'added sound' in the background from their newsroom.
December 30th 13 05:38 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
9 370
BBC1HD switches to BBC1NI on Freesat by Dickie mint[_2_]
Around 1855 last night, 29th. There had been a few breaks previously. Anyone else see this There was a junction and the BBC1 NI ident and trail came up. Humax Foxsat HDR. Richard
December 30th 13 05:31 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
0 155
DAB new Crystal Palace etc by Brian Gaff
Now we have a new multiplex at Crystal Palace I did a retune over the hols and found some changes. Birdsong is back and Jazz fm has two mono channels claiming there is going to be a relaunch soon. That station has had more incarnations than Dr Who Anyway, most stations on DAB are in mono I notice, but at least three of the new ones are in Stereo, Eagle and Eagle 3, two clones of Gold and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 13 04:06 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
59 952
Samsung 55" OLED TV by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Saw one of these in John Lewis today. Simply stunning picture, but still not sure why it is curved. http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ke55s9c-oled-full-hd-3d-smart-tv-55-with-freeview-hd-and-2x-3d-glasses/p641811 And what would I do with that 1 change out of seven grand?! Detailed review he http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ke55s9c-201310273395.htm --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 13 03:20 PM
by Paul Go to last post
18 394
Aerial input. by Dave Plowman (News)
What would you expect to measure across the UHF aerial input on a modern TV, resistance wise? It is working ok - but making the short circuit light come on on the aerial DA. It does indeed read short circuit. The Topfield PVR reads approx 175 ohms, and having that before the TV seems to work fine. But I'm wanting to move things around so this won't be possible. -- *Am I ambivalent? Well, yes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 13 11:53 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
14 411
ferrite cores for suppression of interference by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone with any practical experience of this? I'm trying to put something together that's based on real life experience. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 28th 13 07:48 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 447
TOT - Bill's political posts by [email protected]
It seems they have finally got him into trouble. http://boingboing.net/features/northkorea/?traitor=Bill+Wright
December 28th 13 07:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 170