Broken plasma court case result

Old July 8th 03, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Simon Heather

Default Broken plasma court case result

Well after six months of waiting I had my day in court - I was claiming
against my dealer for the cost of repairing my two year old Fujitsu plasma
screen that died suddenly at Christmas. They didn't bother to turn up to
court and the judge awarded me the full amount plus costs - they now have
two weeks to pay but even if they don't I can claim the money back from my
credit card company.

I've noticed other people with the same problems I had who were just trying
to get what they could for their broken plasmas just because they were out
of warranty - my advice is use the small claims court - it can take ages to
get it dealt with but it costs you about 100 to claim 2000 - well worth it
if you have a good case.

- Simon.

Old July 8th 03, 04:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod

"Simon Heather" wrote in message
Well after six months of waiting I had my day in court - I was claiming
against my dealer for the cost of repairing my two year old Fujitsu plasma
screen that died suddenly at Christmas. They didn't bother to turn up to
court and the judge awarded me the full amount plus costs - they now have
two weeks to pay but even if they don't I can claim the money back from my
credit card company.

I've noticed other people with the same problems I had who were just

trying
to get what they could for their broken plasmas just because they were out
of warranty - my advice is use the small claims court - it can take ages

get it dealt with but it costs you about 100 to claim 2000 - well worth

it
if you have a good case.

- Simon.

Well done. I can see similar cases arising against Pace if their Twin

doesn't start doing what its supposed to do i.e. record a timed programme,
change channel's without crashing etc etc.

Old July 8th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim

"Simon Heather" wrote in message
Well after six months of waiting I had my day in court - I was claiming
against my dealer for the cost of repairing my two year old Fujitsu plasma
screen that died suddenly at Christmas. They didn't bother to turn up to
court and the judge awarded me the full amount plus costs - they now have
two weeks to pay but even if they don't I can claim the money back from my
credit card company.

Now you have to wait for the company to ask for the Judgement to be set
aside because they didn't get notification of the court date.

Funny how individuals always get the proper notification and companies'
never do.

I've noticed other people with the same problems I had who were just trying
to get what they could for their broken plasmas just because they were out
of warranty

what possible value does a not working plasma screen have?

tim

Old July 8th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Simon Heather

Now you have to wait for the company to ask for the Judgement to be set
aside because they didn't get notification of the court date.

Now that I have a judgement I just have to submit it to the credit card
company I believe.

what possible value does a not working plasma screen have?

Well I sold it for about 250 and he sold it on for 750 (in its broken
state).

- Simon.

Old July 8th 03, 10:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tenex

Simon Heather wrote:
Now you have to wait for the company to ask for the Judgement to be
set aside because they didn't get notification of the court date.

Now that I have a judgement I just have to submit it to the credit
card company I believe.

Tim's point is that it can still be appealed and as such isn't final. You
could try getting it to the credit card company ASAP but if they find there
is an appeal they may not act until the appeal is heard.

Old July 28th 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim

"Coolfoolnthepool" wrote in message
Dear Internet User,
Hey, I'm 15 years old and I make more money than my parents and so can you"
Turn $6.00 into $60,000...read this to find out how!!!

Yeh, Yeh, and your mom finds the money hidden in the wardrobe
and calls the cops because she thinks you're dealing drugs etc,,,,,

FOAD

HAND

Tim

Old July 28th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tom

Coolfoolnthepool wrote:
Dear Internet User,
Hey, I'm 15 years old and I make more money than my parents and so can you"
Turn $6.00 into $60,000...read this to find out how!!! READING THIS COULD
CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Reported to AOL.

I suggest others do the same he http://www.aol.com/info/feedback.adp

Check the "Notify AOL about an AOL member's use of the Internet" box,
and just tell them what's going on.

Old July 28th 03, 11:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

Done already - you have to be quicker than that actually, preferably the
moment you see the flood starting ...