New BBC/ITV Freesat service?

Old January 23rd 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default New BBC/ITV Freesat service?

Hi,

What is the current situation with the new BBC/ITV Freesat service? I
thought it had already started in test form. After reading posts in
this and other Newsgroups I tried swinging my dish around to Astra II
(which seemed to get mentioned quite often) and got my Lidl receiver to
scan for stations. I got it to work OK (lots of stations received) but
I couldn't see any BBC/ITV stations.

Am I too soon, pointing at the wrong satellite, or doing something else
wrong?

John.

Old January 23rd 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

What is the current situation with the new BBC/ITV Freesat service? I
thought it had already started in test form. After reading posts in
this and other Newsgroups I tried swinging my dish around to Astra II
(which seemed to get mentioned quite often) and got my Lidl receiver to
scan for stations. I got it to work OK (lots of stations received) but
I couldn't see any BBC/ITV stations.

Am I too soon, pointing at the wrong satellite, or doing something else
wrong?

Have you input the correct frequencies etc.?
http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
--
Regards
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 23rd 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

David,

I'm not an expert on this :-) . I just pointed the dish roughly where I
thought Astra II should be (compared to Hotbird which it was pointing
to) then used the Lidl Sat Finder for the final alignment. Then I went
to the receiver Install menu, selected Astra II and told it to scan.
What would happen if I had Astra I by mistake and told the receiver to
scan for Astra II programmes?

John.

Old January 23rd 06, 02:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

wrote in message
oups.com...
David,

I'm not an expert on this :-) . I just pointed the dish roughly where I
thought Astra II should be (compared to Hotbird which it was pointing
to) then used the Lidl Sat Finder for the final alignment. Then I went
to the receiver Install menu, selected Astra II and told it to scan.
What would happen if I had Astra I by mistake and told the receiver to
scan for Astra II programmes?

It would recieve the stations on the requencies stored in it there.

--
Regards
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 23rd 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"David" wrote in message

It would recieve the stations on the frequencies stored in it there.

Compare this with what I gave you before
http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html

--
Regards
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 23rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Adrian,

Looking at a list of channels on Astra 1 I suspect I was on that. Lots
of German and some French and I think Italian plus a few east european
but no Arab channels.

My receiver is a Comag SL55 or 65 (bought August 2004). Is there any
way of getting it to tell me which satellite I am receiving?

Sorry to be boring you with no doubt obvious questions but I'm
beginning to get a glimmering of what I doing. This is the first time
I've undone the clamps on the wall bracket and moved the dish. I wasn't
sure I would ever get another picture again! Now I've done it and got
it back onto Hotbird for now I'm feeling more adventurous :-) .

BTW - I don't suppose there is a video or DVD out there that explains
this in pictures and diagrams? I've tried some articles/books but they
either are so basic they don't have enough detail or you need a degree
in mathematical-astrophysics.

John.

Adrian wrote:
wrote:
David,

I'm not an expert on this :-) . I just pointed the dish roughly where
I thought Astra II should be (compared to Hotbird which it was
pointing to) then used the Lidl Sat Finder for the final alignment.
Then I went to the receiver Install menu, selected Astra II and told
it to scan. What would happen if I had Astra I by mistake and told
the receiver to scan for Astra II programmes?

John.

You could easily have found Arabsat at 26E