Extra Channels on Digital Terrestrial

Old January 19th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Rogers

Default Extra Channels on Digital Terrestrial

Notice that on my free view box that I have a number of channels in the 800
series. 800 is Sky Travel (Three) for example. There are others like Sky
News etc. Does this mean that my aerial has connected to an adjoining
transmitter?

Tim

Old January 19th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Tim Rogers wrote:
Notice that on my free view box that I have a number of channels in the 800
series. 800 is Sky Travel (Three) for example. There are others like Sky
News etc.

Do you have them in their 'expected' places too ? Sky Travel 11, Sky News 82 ?

Does this mean that my aerial has connected to an adjoining
transmitter?

Connected ? ! :-) I know what you mean; if the answer to my first bit is yes,
then most probably yes.

--
Mark

Old January 20th 06, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Laurence Taylor

Tim Rogers wrote:
Notice that on my free view box that I have a number of channels in the 800
series. 800 is Sky Travel (Three) for example. There are others like Sky
News etc. Does this mean that my aerial has connected to an adjoining
transmitter?

Yes. If the box finds a second source for a programme it already has,
it will create a channel at 800 (and then 801, etc).

--

rgds
LAurence

....The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Old January 21st 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Watkinson

In message
"Tim Rogers" wrote:

Notice that on my free view box that I have a number of channels in the 800
series. 800 is Sky Travel (Three) for example. There are others like Sky
News etc. Does this mean that my aerial has connected to an adjoining
transmitter?

Tim

This happened to me when I took my Pace Twins to Lincolnshire over
Christmas.

My mum's aerial is not suitable for everything coming from Belmont but
during the snow and fog around Dec 27th it picked almost everything
digital and a few dubplicate channels which I noted the details of but
never looked into.

As the weather improved the channels faded away

--
Richard Watkinson

Treasurer Sheffield Folk Festival

http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/

Turn left where the chip shop used to be.