netgem i

Old July 7th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
donker

Default netgem i

Hi group

Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good box
and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out how it
should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can record setting
up the video but according to the manual it should start the video on its
own

Thanks for any advice

Old July 7th 03, 10:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
George

In article , donker
writes
Hi group

Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good box
and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out how it
should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can record setting
up the video but according to the manual it should start the video on its
own

Thanks for any advice

Hi Roy.

I have not seen any specific group.

You need the latest firmware update V4.2.3 and guide manual.
from he-

http://www.netgem.com/main/customerservice.xml

The VCR must support 'External Link' where the VCR is placed in Timer
Standby mode, usually by pressing an E-link button on the VCR front
panel, the I-Player triggers the VCR recording via a link wire in the
SCART cable.

The system works fine on my Panasonic NVSJ220BS VCR, bought from ARGOS.

Hope this is of some help.
---
George.
To reply By email, replace 'invalid' with 'com'.

Old July 7th 03, 11:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tenex

donker wrote:
Hi group

Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good
box and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out
how it should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can
record setting up the video but according to the manual it should
start the video on its own

Thanks for any advice

You can set the event in the Netgem but you ALSO have to set the event in
the VCR and depending on which connection method/socket you've used you have
to set the video to record from AV1 or AV2 etc.. The Netgem can't start
your video to make the recording only feed it the correct channel in the
first instance.

HTH.

Old July 7th 03, 11:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tenex

Tenex wrote:
donker wrote:
Hi group

Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good
box and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out
how it should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can
record setting up the video but according to the manual it should
start the video on its own

Thanks for any advice

You can set the event in the Netgem but you ALSO have to set the
event in the VCR and depending on which connection method/socket
you've used you have to set the video to record from AV1 or AV2 etc..
The Netgem can't start your video to make the recording only feed it
the correct channel in the first instance.

HTH.

Also I forgot if you want a forum to discuss the Netgem there is a forum
hosted on the Netgem website but more traffic on AVforums at
http://tinyurl.com/g9gc